What's new

Giving away Pak territory to Taliban

Taliban are bunch of stone age raiders, who wants nothing less than control of Pakistan with its own interpretation of Islam implemented. Apart from that all the peace talks are BS. Taliban cannot coexist and peace require co-existence.

They co-existed properly before 2008.How was that possible ??

So what have you understood so far?

Ok, let's come this way - if Pakistan is showing sign of retreat then why would Pakistan give room to reasons that by all mean encourage continuous stay in the troubled region?

Don't flip, let the on field umpire take care of this business.

Are you implying that it's insider work ??

Are you implying that it's insider work ??

You can't rule out the possibility but what more important is that it's the Taliban who have attacked the officers with or without internal help, and thats the key point considering developments in peace talks lately.

You can't rule out the possibility but what more important is that it's the Taliban who have attacked the officers with or without internal help, and thats the key point considering developments in peace talks lately.

If I am correct it's ninth or tenth consecutive time when they have struck just before,during or after peace talks.This is one hell of a co-incidence to be true.There must be some forces or factions among Taliban or PA who don't want normalized relations but one more thing what is strange is that after every such incident Taliban claims the responsibility.

^^^ The think tank makes a retarded argument again, but some ailments are not intellectual but natural :) best to ignore his not so silent suffering :)

coming back to topic, lets flip this over, when Pakistan is showing signs of retreating, why would Taliban kill a general and make it next to impossible for army to withdraw?

I'm not creating a conspiracy, i'm trying to understand how the Taliban mind works.

I can see where you are coming at this, but i dont think someone will sacrifice the division commander only to die later on.
TTP might not want the peace after all, because if they do so, how would they be cashing in on their criminal activities. And now that demon has tasted the blood of innocent, i doubt it will stop at any cost.
By killing a Major General, they wanted to send the message that it is them who will decided the terms for talks.

This is what the outside world is made to understand. Fact is something else. We being in Pakistan know that for sure. TTP is a bunch of criminals and remember there is difference between TTP and Taliban. taliban are those individuals who are fighting ISF in afghanistan and are fighting to drive foreign forces out of their homeland. They have nothing to do with TTP. TTP is the one involved in kidnapping for ransom, illegal weapon supply, sectarian killings in pakistan. They are criminals and have nothing to do with ideology of islam.

Why Pakistan does not bomb these suckers to hell
Your army has more influence when compared to our army

I can see where you are coming at this, but i dont think someone will sacrifice the division commander only to die later on.
TTP might not want the peace after all, because if they do so, how would they be cashing in on their criminal activities. And now that demon has tasted the blood of innocent, i doubt it will stop at any cost.
By killing a Major General, they wanted to send the message that it is them who will decided the terms for talks.

One message is clear, they have internal help. That is a major blow to morale.

This is just the reason why no quarter must be given.

Negotiations must be done from a position of strength, this can happen only thru a concerted campaign to root them out.

This is just the reason why no quarter must be given.

Negotiations must be done from a position of strength, this can happen only thru a concerted campaign to root them out.

Exactly what i have insisted upon for last few months, offering them a chance for a dialogue with no upper hand is like handing them the keys to the PM house, ttp must be cornered to their rat hole like we did to them in 2009 and than call for talks

Exactly what i have insisted upon for last few months, offering them a chance for a dialogue with no upper hand is like handing them the keys to the PM house, ttp must be cornered to their rat hole like we did to them in 2009 and than call for talks

Negotiations between two legal entities is called striking a deal. Negotiations with criminals is called blackmail by criminals. TTP has no legal standing and by offering them negotiation table, their legality is accepted. This amounts to cutting your own hands. As mentioned giving them key to PM house. When you call criminals on negotiation tables, logically what they will ask?
1. Release of their prisoners
2. Amnesty
Release of prisoners along with amnesty is succumbing to the demand of criminals and letting them loose in society to re-commit same crimes. And they remain immune from being prosecuted.

The only option given to criminals is surrender and let govt decide what they want to do with them.

In this case the demands indicates as if they are not criminals but a state which is talking to another state. This attitude is not acceptable and should be dealt with iron hand and not soft words.

Govt has to just leave the matter to PA and ask them to cleanup. After that there should be no interference in the operation of PA, let them clean up the mess which has been created by these politicians. I think PA is quite capable in doing that, they have proved it in Swat.

The fact is that in the past during Mush's time ( ?) there was an instance when areas were handed over to them. They were taken back after a furor was created.

This led them to taste blood. Add to this vested interests of fundamentalists with the ISI and other agencies who run with the hare & hunt with the hound.

Furthermore, its the ambivalent approach of GOP which worsens things. Example : A public deceleration by the Interior Minister on Karachi indicating starting of operations after two days ! Where does a thing like this happen ..and what signal does it give ?

This is what the outside world is made to understand. Fact is something else. We being in Pakistan know that for sure. TTP is a bunch of criminals and remember there is difference between TTP and Taliban. taliban are those individuals who are fighting ISF in afghanistan and are fighting to drive foreign forces out of their homeland. They have nothing to do with TTP. TTP is the one involved in kidnapping for ransom, illegal weapon supply, sectarian killings in pakistan. They are criminals and have nothing to do with ideology of islam.

"Good Taliban,Bad Taliban" theory.. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom