What's new

Give Hagia Sophia back to Christianity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muslims r not allowed to pray where idol worshiping or any other non islamic practice happen. So this is enough to burst the bubble of yr mandirs being converted to Mosques.

However after reading yr last line, yr opinion is based on $$$ and Status symbol then Morality and righteousness.

I would leave you with google to find out functioning mosques which were temples before.
My last line was to do with my appreciation of beauty and aethetics, of grand manmade structures, which I am fan of, than any little money that is made from it.

One word... NO!!!
Converting Hagia Sophia to a Chruch again would be a shame on the many Turkish people who shed their blood & money fighting for it...

No, as a Muslim (elhamdullah) Haghia Sophia should never returned to the infidels that would be completely betraying Islam and you will be punished. Haghia Sophia should be made a mosque again...I can question there loyalty to Islam on the person or people who decided to turn Haghia Sophia into a Musuem they are not true Muslims...

It should be given back, since Hagia Sophia is an important church and a symbol for Christians in Europe.

No it should not, they should just be happy it isn't a mosque.

It was conquered fair and square,,, if this happened today then I would say fair enough give it back

But this happened in the age of empires, mosques in europe were also occipued and turned into churches

Cordoba is steeped in islamic history. that should be given back first

No, as a Muslim (elhamdullah) Haghia Sophia should never returned to the infidels that would be completely betraying Islam and you will be punished. Haghia Sophia should be made a mosque again...I can question there loyalty to Islam on the person or people who decided to turn Haghia Sophia into a Musuem they are not true Muslims...

Its time to convert Haghia Sophia into a mosque. All Muslims will applaud the Turks when they do this to really seal our victory over the infidel Christian empire. Museum can go elsewhere.

Aya Sofya is the symbol of the conquering of Constantinopel. Handing it over is the same like handing over İstanbul.
So no! İt will never happen. Aya Sofya is the property and honour of the Turkish nation of today.

However,
İf the Aya Sofya would be open for prayers again, instead of being a museum. İ really wouldn't mind lending a small space of the Aya Sofya, so that the Orthodox Christians can pray there. İn fact İ would find it beautifull.

Excellent response. I salute the maturity of the Turks vis a vis religious matters. :)

In the immortal words of India's Arundhati Roy over the Babri Masjid - Ram Janam Bhoomi dispute: How deep are you going to dig? What if there was a Hindu site before the Babri Masjid AND what if the Hindu site was as well built over something from even older era?

Let the dead of history be buried and rest where they lie for the eternities but also let's not allow the repeat of the old imperialistic policies going forward; the imperialists have become more subtle now--thanks to the global awareness but their desires are the same ancient ones: To conquer, to plunder, to exploit--even if means killings of millions.

small correction its Romila Thapar not Arundhati roy

LoL at the outbursts here,i don't even know where this article came from,i didn't see any christians asking for Hagia Sophia back,we had 550 years to deal with it and moved on,only if the muslim world would do the same we would all live in a better world.

Even if they turned it back into a mosque,I,personally wouldn't see this act as some kind of blasphemy as it was a mosque for hundreds of years and,in the end,the turkish state,beeing a suveran,legitimate state can do whatever it wants with its assets.The more i think about it,seeing the outbursts from so many people ,maybe it's better that they turn it back into a mosque so everybody can see that christians won't go berserk over this,the islamists will be satisfied and we all can move on with our lives.Creeating false subjects out of 550 years old topics is ridiculous.

Give Ayasofya back to gavur? Are you joking?? THOUSANDS of Turkish mujahidin gave there blood to conquer these sites in the name of our prophet Hz. Muhammed SAV and Islam they are now all our shahids. Ayasofya wont remain as a musuem to long our government has plans to convert it back to a Mosque again.

Aya Sofya is the symbol of the conquering of Constantinopel. Handing it over is the same like handing over İstanbul.
So no! İt will never happen. Aya Sofya is the property and honour of the Turkish nation of today.

However,
İf the Aya Sofya would be open for prayers again, instead of being a museum. İ really wouldn't mind lending a small space of the Aya Sofya, so that the Orthodox Christians can pray there. İn fact İ would find it beautifull.

Well,

European istanbul is hardly Turkish barring the signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom