What's new

‘Gita my basis for counselling Hindus in U.S. military’

Not, but men who made the first nuclear weapons that hold the ability to kill millions in instants.. were.

The idea of making and acquiring weapons, of greatest magnitudes, doesn't go against the teachings of Hinduism. However, how and upon what the weapons shall be used, will always have to follow the narrowest of approaches in Hinduism. This is why in Hindu mythology, all the weapons that could cause great destructions always came with an irrevokable condition that such a weapon not be used for an unethical cause, and that the bearer of the arm becomes incapable of using the weapon once he/she tries it out for such selfish/unethical purpose.

So those who built the atomic bomb were in no wrong for applying their inspiration from Gita to do their job.

In Hindu philosophy creation, preservation and destruction are considered as three natures of God forming the core concept of Hindu trinity. When Oppenheimer uttered "Now I am become death, destroyer of worlds", the verse was referring to the same thing.

First of all Oppenheimer was misquoting the Bhagwat Gita. The original sentence is ,

Kalo smi lokkaya krt pravrddho, lokan samahartum iha pravrttah,
rte pitvam na bhavisyanti, sarve ye vasthitah pratyanikesu yodhah,

Translates as,

I am the terrible destroyer Time, engaged in destroying all beings in this world,
even without you none will be spared in the future, of all those warriors in the opposing army.

It means that only Time is eternal an our death is confirmed. So best not to worry about the result and do your karma, since we will all die in the end. It is to teach us not to hesistate in killing others for dharma, in a war fought for the protection of Dharma. Even if you do not kill others, they will anyway die, but Dharma will not be protected or served.

Last edited:
Actually Openheimer stated the opposite.

He stated, and I quote -
'Oh what have I done, I become the Destroyer of the Worlds'

But yes, Einstein read it long before this. :P

But the world insists on making Hindus apologize for the Swastika.... I wonder why is that.. even thought it signifies the complete opposite.

You mean invent or is there some Kal Yantra or something like that? Sounds like a fascinating Hollywood plan - Operation Valkyrie on steroids. In addition to von Stauffenberg there will be/would have been Hindu monks flanked by RSS pracharaks :P @DRAY Remember Shaktimaan had a Time Machine? :D

Last edited:
The Germans stole it and turned it a racism filth, the Europeans need to apologize to Hindus for screwing our sacred symbol.

But the world does not work that way, now does it.

But the world does not work that way, now does it.

I know it but Hindus still follow their ancestral religion and won't going to accept the screwed version of their thousands years old heritage.

Moreover, the Germans stole the word Aryan and Swastika because their ancient barbaric history don't make them as proud unlike the Greeco-Romans, inventing some white hypothetical race would help them to prove as white Europeans as the masters of civilizations and take pride in their race and all problem solved. In their dictionary, Indians and Iranians were impure Aryans.

I know it but Hindus still follow their ancestral religion and won't going to accept the screwed version of their thousands years old heritage.

Moreover, the Germans stole the word Aryan and Swastika because their ancient barbaric history don't make them as proud unlike the Greeco-Romans, inventing some white hypothetical race would help them to prove as white Europeans as the masters of civilizations and take pride in their race and all problem solved. In their dictionary, Indians and Iranians were impure Aryans.

Exactly, but the world will still continue to blame the Swastika as some sign of bigotry and madness. Regardless of whether that is what it means in Hinduism or not.

FYI., the Swastika hitler(or goebells) thought was NOT the Hindu Swastika.. rather the idea of how the Sun would look rising to an Aryan race. But for all intents and purposes, it is equated with the Hindu Swastika. I remember some EDL graffiti of "Go to hell Nazis" in east london at some store whose only fault was displaying the Swastika.

Exactly, but the world will still continue to blame the Swastika as some sign of bigotry and madness. Regardless of whether that is what it means in Hinduism or not.

FYI., the Swastika hitler(or goebells) thought was NOT the Hindu Swastika.. rather the idea of how the Sun would look rising to an Aryan race. But for all intents and purposes, it is equated with the Hindu Swastika. I remember some EDL graffiti of "Go to hell Nazis" in east london at some store whose only fault was displaying the Swastika.

I think Hindus reclaiming Swastika and word Aryan(which means noble) make them aware of it will help the western countries to tackle the Neo-Nazi menace and weaken their ideology. There are 1 billion of us, similarly Swastika is holy to Buddhists.

BTW They stole it even before Hitler was born for the sake of German national pride to get rid of the baggage of Barbaric history. One German excavator named Heinrich Schellimann in late 1800s while excavating mythical Troy city in Turkey found Swastika signs, now Germans historians saw many civilization using Swastika, now they looked in Rigveda and found the word Aryan and thus they named this hypothetical white as Aryan and no Indian Sanskrit scholar was ever consulted for this. The universities across Europe had decided centre for Sanskrit study mainly to fabricate the meaning of Vedic verses to prove there was some White Aryan race as the masters of civilizations across the world.

Back
Top Bottom