What's new

Gilani disqualified as PM: SC

Just what I feared. PPP making it Saraiki vs Punjabi, Pakistani vs Punjabi battle. Listen to PPP leadership interviews.

When will we get rid of this :hitwall:

Sir, Jis Qom main insaaf nahi hota woh qomain barbaad ho jaati hai. We are finally trying to give justice in the upper level of courts and the politicians are finally fearing from the court of law. They will not be able to do open-corruption anymore if they have a fear of being exposed or prosecuted in the courts.

The courts has written historical chapter in the history of Paistan and now even the Prime Minister is not immune

I admire your idealism, but what is happening is not as noble or far-reaching as you are hoping for. This "chapter" will be merely be one more sordid footnote in Pakistan's history, describing a yet another myopic power play between egotistic personalities at the expense of process and the whole nation.

I admire your idealism, but what is happening is not as noble or far-reaching as you are hoping for. This "chapter" will be merely be one more sordid footnote in Pakistan's history, describing a yet another myopic power play between egotistic personalities at the expense of process and the whole nation.

I am not quite as cynical are you are about this Gilani-dismissal--to me it is more than just personality/ego clashes. I think the current judiciary is probably acting, what it considers, the best interest of Pakistan. However, I have problem with their selective-judicial activism, with their right to 'interpret' the constitution as they see fit as the ultimate authority, with the timing of this decision. I also think, given the history of Pakistan's judiciary, these judges can be just as well wrong as the 'corrupt' politicians are. If people here are trying to dismiss the PCO-judges of 1999 as aberration then I may remind them the Dogar Kangaroo Court judges also came from the same esteemed group of individuals--we don't have to 1999.

If anyone is wondering what can happen now? Who knows. But knowing how tenacious Zardari is and how loyal PPP jiyalas are there is no shortage of MNAs who will volunteer to be the next PM.... And the cycle will continue...

scaled.php

Good decision by supreme court but iftikhar chaudhry is just another corrupt man.

Unfortunate irony!

So assume the letter is sent. What happens then? If nothing happens, then was it worth all the trouble? If it does reopen cases against Zardari, they can easily be dragged on for years.

I guess, my question is, what is the endgame here?

Its just objectiveless power play, begin to out fall when all undercover meetings & negotiations failed.

Consider it clash of CORRUPT titans, where both are privy to each other's dark secrets.

At the moment CJ is scoring on judicial grounds, simply because he is authority in translating the law.

CJ him self was reinstated via (dictatorial) order of President, which can be revoked any moment.
I have the feeling that CJ is acting proactively, just to make mess out of his forth coming rustication.

As far Gilani is concerned, I believe, personally Zardari will be more happy to have the post vacant, Otherwise, there is no limit defined in law for the Presidential pardon.

PPP is in power right? Why don't they lodge a case against the CJP?

Why is he quoting Mehmood Sham's book? These receipts must have been filed to the government and the government must have reimbursed them? Bring out the reimbursement financial voucher of his own government and show that. Mehmood Sham's allegations in Upset 2008 have not been backed by anyone.

IMO, Its just another card resting in PPP's hand, only they will decide when to play.
Otherwise, its all truth and was part of CJ's last rustication reference.

So I haven't read through this thread and I'm not that familiar with how the Pakistani branches work so sorry if these questions have been already answered but:

What happens now? Is Zardari also disqualified? Will there be early elections?

So I haven't read through this thread and I'm not that familiar with how the Pakistani branches work so sorry if these questions have been already answered but:

A new prime minister will be selected by the PPP. No, Zardari isn't disqualified. There is a chance there might be early elections.

nahein yaar, it is just replace on PM position. Zardari will decide to choose someone (very loyal) especially worst corrupt Ahmed Mukhtar, I fear it is not Mukhtar.

There will be regular election vote next year. I believe PPP will no longer popular in Pakistan.

I dont think supreme court should be able to decide whether he can remain PM or not.
Unless there is specific provision/qualification for a PM which he breached(say age).

This starts a dangerous precendence for a democratic country.

Is the president or Prime Mister more powerful in Pakistan?

I mean.. yeah Zardari had more power than Gilani, but is that only, because Zardari is the leader of PPP?

The truth is hard to hear but I will not stop repeating it

PPP restored them thinking they were honest and patriotic judges. They turn out to be liars

So basically you are admitting that Gen Pervaiz Musharaf was right after all? oh gosh! lol

A day late and a penny short is all I can say about the Chief Justice taking action.

nahein yaar, it is just replace on PM position. Zardari will decide to choose someone (very loyal) especially worst corrupt Ahmed Mukhtar, I fear it is not Mukhtar.

There will be regular election vote next year. I believe PPP will no longer popular in Pakistan.

Choudharys have expressed their concerns regarding Mr Ahmed Mukhtar due to obvious reasons, Makhdoom Shahab has good chances now, MQM chief also contacted Choudharys to discuss "political situation" , probably to soften them up for Mr Mukhtar. It wait and see game, let's see who is finalized.

Back
Top Bottom