What's new

GHQ shifting

New Recruit

Reaction score
I heard Pak Army GHQ was shifting from Rawalpindi to Islamabad.
Is that true.
If so then how and when. pls give a brief picture.

thanks

YES its true, but not confirm it might be a top secret for now becuase alot of money involve

No...After the earthquake the funds were given for rehabilitation and GHQ is not going to be shifted in near future!

YES its true, but not confirm it might be a top secret for now becuase alot of money involve

GHQ shifting to Islamabad is not confidential information. There were several reports about it in Pakistan's media, including the location of the new HQ (in sector E-10, as far as I remember). According to media reports, the delays in implementing the plan (President Musharraf decided on this plan back in 2004 or 2005) are due to financial problems.

Along with the GHQ, PAF HQ (AHQ) in Chaklala air base and the Navy HQ (NAQ) in Karachi will be relocated to the same district of the GHQ. I am not sure, but I believe that the Jonit Staff HQ (JSHQ) and the Ministry of Defence will be relocated too from Chaklala air base and the city of Rawalpindi (respectively) to the new complex.

However, nothing was reported about the possibility to shift the ISI HQ to the new complex, maybe in the light of its current location in another area of Islamabad.

GHQ shifting to Islamabad is not confidential information. There were several reports about it in Pakistan's media, including the location of the new HQ (in sector E-10, as far as I remember). According to media reports, the delays in implementing the plan (President Musharraf decided on this plan back in 2004 or 2005) are due to financial problems.

Along with the GHQ, PAF HQ (AHQ) in Chaklala air base and the Navy HQ (NAQ) in Karachi will be relocated to the same district of the GHQ. I am not sure, but I believe that the Jonit Staff HQ (JSHQ) and the Ministry of Defence will be relocated too from Chaklala air base and the city of Rawalpindi (respectively) to the new complex.

However, nothing was reported about the possibility to shift the ISI HQ to the new complex, maybe in the light of its current location in another area of Islamabad.

No such thing exists in real. The purpose of JSHQ is very much identical to that of Pantagon.

Someone told me it was unfeasible to merge all the defense devisions at the same place as one hit would've hurt them all. The same guy who informed me about this side mentioned that it was Musharaf's own decision and he insisted to implement that and after his departure military decided to keep different departments split to dilute the risk of loosing them all at once. That also makes scene to me. After all there is an old saying don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

Yes it was planned earlier in E-10 near PAF HQ in E-9 and Naval in E-8 sector of Islamabad.All the HQs were in 3 km radius so it was not safe.The defence budget has decreased in last 4 yrs due to decrease in rupee value against dollar so Army decided to invest in other project which will increase the effectiveness.

No such thing exists in real. The purpose of JSHQ is very much identical to that of Pantagon.

ISI must have an HQ. I remember some reports about its current location in Islamabad after it was relocated from Rawalpindi.

Maybe in theory the JSHQ should be parallel to the Pentagon. In practice, it coordinates between the different HQs and independent directorates (ISI, SPD, etc.) which have the real authority, mainly the GHQ. JSHQ doe not have real power regarding decision making on future planning and military policies. However, perhaps if it be located next the other HQs, it would have more influence.

ISI must have an HQ. I remember some reports about its current location in Islamabad after it was relocated from Rawalpindi.

Quite interesting. :azn:

It must be as it is, in my point of view.

What a joke..shifting NAQ to Baluchistan makes sense..to Islamabad?? Wow..are they gonna fight in the Chenab river?

What a joke..shifting NAQ to Baluchistan makes sense..to Islamabad?? Wow..are they gonna fight in the Chenab river?

The navy base will remain in Karachi, it is only the NHQ which would be relocated to Islamabad. One of the major problems of Pakistan's armed forces is their lack of operability. Moving their HQs to one complex could help them to coordinate with their operations and plans.

Kiyani stopped the project... due to whatever reasons, PTI was on protest about it though that was not the reason, but I think undue pressure on army kept them away from building another GHQ.

The navy base will remain in Karachi, it is only the NHQ which would be relocated to Islamabad. One of the major problems of Pakistan's armed forces is their lack of operability. Moving their HQs to one complex could help them to coordinate with their operations and plans.

Yeah, the pigeons carrying messages between services HQs get tired if the distance between is large. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom