What's new

GHQ shifting

Geography makes a difference, especially for people and not just for pigeons.

The plan was postponded by Kiyani last year...so no more shifting...

The funds reserved for shifting/ construction at E10,Islamabad may have been utilized in upgrading roads and security infrastructure of Rawalpindi....its obvious in Cantt area.

GHQ 'was' shifting during Musharaf's time but no longer due to financial constraints. Army has spent the allocated money in uplifting the current GHQ premises that was in shambles because of its construction age and years of neglect. No plans are also foreseen in the next 5 years to start the process again of shifting the GHQ to its new location, i.e Sector E-10.

ISI must have an HQ. I remember some reports about its current location in Islamabad after it was relocated from Rawalpindi.

Maybe in theory the JSHQ should be parallel to the Pentagon. In practice, it coordinates between the different HQs and independent directorates (ISI, SPD, etc.) which have the real authority, mainly the GHQ. JSHQ doe not have real power regarding decision making on future planning and military policies. However, perhaps if it be located next the other HQs, it would have more influence.

They have a HQ - only on paper - you must remember ISI is not a single organization its the name of a cloud of intel and their strategy is to stay unnoticed which is why there is no ISI HQ in Pakistan. Their approach towards organizational structure & command and control is very different from its western counterparts.

They have a HQ - only on paper - you must remember ISI is not a single organization its the name of a cloud of intel and their strategy is to stay unnoticed which is why there is no ISI HQ in Pakistan. Their approach towards organizational structure & command and control is very different from its western counterparts.

The ISI has offices throughout the country and in most major cities. Some of its divisions are located in Rawalpindi. However, DG ISI has an office with deputies and administration (for personnel, auditing, etc.), and this office can be considered as the agency's HQ. The ISI divisions enjoy a wide space of independence, but they are obliged to operate within the organisational framework and report back on their activity and achievements.

The ISI has offices throughout the country and in most major cities. Some of its divisions are located in Rawalpindi. However, DG ISI has an office with deputies and administration (for personnel, auditing, etc.), and this office can be considered as the agency's HQ. The ISI divisions enjoy a wide space of independence, but they are obliged to operate within the organisational framework and report back on their activity and achievements.

This really shows how much you know about this organization , if you wanna call it an organization in the first place. I don't think you can understand what i was trying to point out to-- anyway - have fun.

This really shows how much you know about this organization , if you wanna call it an organization in the first place. I don't think you can understand what i was trying to point out to-- anyway - have fun.

I do not think you can explain what you mean, if you have any argument at all.

All the best,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom