What's new

GHQ Check-Post Attackers Killed - Hostages Rescued!

These guys look like mercenaries to me.

I'm not sure why we're blaming the TTP for this since they havn't accepted responsibility for the attack, if i am not mistaken.

This could be very well orchestrated by some other people. I'm glad they caught one or two alive, should be able to get real motives behind this attack out of them.

People and our media jumping the guns already by issuing no collective response of the real motives behind the attack are signs of sophistication of the real reasons behind the attack IMO

I'm not sure why we're blaming the TTP for this since they havn't accepted responsibility for the attack, if i am not mistaken.

This could be very well orchestrated by some other people. I'm glad they caught one or two alive, should be able to get real motives behind this attack out of them.

People and our media jumping the guns already.

You are mistaken. TTP has already claimed responsibility - read all the newspapers.

Another cell member has been apprehended after a raid at a safe house in Pindi.
Apprehension of the terrorist leader has probably presented Intelligence with a key to terror networks working in Pakistan. Hopefully we can now eliminate these sleeper cells inside our cities.

BTW, the speed with which the operation was conducted is just mind boggling! :pakistan:

- Glad that this mess is over.
- Kudos to the Security agencies for completing a swift operation by killing (and most importantly capturing one) the barbaric killers and rescuing most of the hostage.
- RIP to the brave soldiers who lost their lives. RIP for the unfortunate hostages who died during the op.
- Message to terorrist all over the world: Look out!! You are next and you're going to be as dead as all of them pretty soon.

"...declaring that we,re neither with the US nor with the Afghan. ( Neutral )"

Neutral?:lol:

Tell that to Haqqani, Hekmatyar, and Omar. Trying to have it both ways isn't going to wash with ANYBODY.

You are mistaken. TTP has already claimed responsibility - read all the newspapers.

that what they always say .
they want to clam every attack in Pakistan.
TTP can do these type of attacks some big hand is behind them and a lot of intelgent agency providing intelgents to them.

it had to do with the bloody bill Pakistan rejected.

People and our media jumping the guns already by issuing no collective response of the real motives behind the attack are signs of sophistication of the real reasons behind the attack IMO

Actually TTP has accepted the fact that they were responsible.

but its more like an automated reply , if you know what i mean.
Whenever there is an attack in Pakistan a statement automatically comes up on all the news channels that TTP and Al Qaeda are responsible behind it.

But obviously these attacks are orchestrated by someone far more technologically advanced and superior than TTP , although TTP may have carried out these attacks but they were no more than paid assassins.

Pakistan Army Ends Hostage Siege at Military Headquarters

By ZAHID HUSSAIN in Islambad and MATTHEW ROSENBERG in New Delhi

534c4960fc8993898e2d40c7c2e507d8.jpg

Pakistani commandos raided their own army's headquarters Sunday to free 30 people held hostage by Islamist fighters who staged a brazen attack on the compound while wearing military uniforms.

Three captives and four hostage-takers were among those killed in the 22-hour-long drama that ended with the capture of the attackers' ringleader, an army spokesman said.

Saturday's brazen daylight assault on one of the most heavily guarded targets in Pakistan was the latest in a week of broadsides from the Pakistan Taliban. The group has in recent days warned of a sustained campaign of terror attacks unless the military backs off plans to invade a militant stronghold along the Afghan border.

Instead, officials indicated Saturday that the violence could hasten the start of the offensive, which has been in the offing for months. "We are going to come heavy on you," Interior Minister Rehman Malik warned the Taliban in televised remarks.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for Saturday's attack in a phone call to the private Geo TV television station. The group, an offshoot of the Afghan Taliban, has been behind most terror attacks in Pakistan over the past two years, officials say.

Few of the attacks have matched Saturday's in terms of audacity. The military is arguably Pakistan's most powerful institution and was once a patron of the militants who are now attacking it. The assault seemed intended to send a clear message that nowhere in Pakistan is safe, not even military headquarters. The headquarters is located in Rawalpindi, a garrison city adjacent to Islamabad.

Pakistan has made it clear the attacks will be answered with an offensive against the Taliban in the South Waziristan tribal area, one of the major Islamist militant bases in Pakistan. The military has been bombarding the area with artillery and aircraft for months, but timing of the ground invasion remains uncertain.

The three attacks over the past week -- on a U.N. agency in the capital, on a bustling market in northwestern Pakistan, and now on military headquarters -- increased the pressure on the army to act.

"I want to give a message to the Taliban that what we did with you in Swat, we will do the same to you there (Waziristan)," said Mr. Malik, referring to a successful offensive against the militants in the Swat Valley earlier this year.

Army spokesman Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas said 20 of the hostages had been kept in a room guarded by a militant wearing a suicide vest who was shot and killed before he managed to detonate his explosives.

He said the 30 who were ultimately freed included soldiers and civilians. Three captives died, along with four militants, and two of the rescuers, he said. The final hostage-taker was caught later Sunday morning, and he was wounded after trying to set off explosives that he was carrying, Gen. Abbas said. Gen. Abbas described the captured man as "the leader of all this group."

Overall, at least 19 people died in the standoff -- six soldiers, two commandos, eight militant attackers and three captives -- and several were wounded.

The attack began when at least eight men dressed in fatigues and driving in a white van were stopped at a one of the gates leading into military headquarters shortly before noon, Gen. Abbas said.

The attackers tossed grenades from the van and then spread out and began firing at the soldiers, Gen. Abbas told reporters.

"There was constant firing. I heard explosions. I ran for my life," said Azim Shah, 38, who was across the street when the attack began.

The area was quickly cordoned off by other soldiers and police backed by helicopters. Security officials said that some of Pakistan's top military officers were inside headquarters during the firefight.

Gen. Abbas initially declared the situation under control and said four of the attackers were killed in a 45-minute gun battle, along with six soldiers, including a brigadier and a lieutenant colonel.

But it soon became apparent that some of the assailants managed to escape. It wasn't immediately clear how they got inside a building and took so many soldiers hostage.

Saturday's violence came a day after a suicide bomber blew up his explosive-laden vehicle in crowded market in Peshawar, a northwestern city that serves as the gateway to the tribal areas on the Afghan border, where the Taliban and al Qaeda have laid down deep roots in the years since the U.S.-led invasion of Afghanistan in 2001.

The bombing in Peshawar's Khyber bazaar killed at least 49 people. Officials in the North West Frontier Province said the nearby provincial assembly, which was in session at the time, was the intended target.

On Monday, the Taliban bombed the Islamabad office of the U.N.'s World Food Program, killing five people.

The attacks appear to indicate the Pakistan Taliban has regrouped following the death of its founding leader, Baitullah Mehsud, in a missile strike from U.S. drone aircraft in August. At the time, Pakistani and U.S. officials had hoped the group would be torn apart by violent succession struggles.

Pakistan Army Ends Hostage Siege at Military Headquarters - WSJ.com

The captured militant is the right hand man of Ilyas Kashmiri, who was reported to be recently killed in a drone strike.

He was involved in the attack on the Sri Lankan team, suicide attack & killing of Lt General Mushtaq, Faisalabad 15 attack, the 2 suicide bombings on Musharaf, suicide attack on Shaukat Aziz & the list goes on. Hope so he recovers as he is a big fish with very useful information & importance. But he is in a critical condition. He is described as a Baitullah Mehsud of the Punjabi Taliban section.

Now the PA should launch the ops in waziristan at full throtle . Kill all the Bastards . And also Devise a way to deal with the Yankees .

Actually TTP has accepted the fact that they were responsible.

but its more like an automated reply , if you know what i mean.
Whenever there is an attack in Pakistan a statement automatically comes up on all the news channels that TTP and Al Qaeda are responsible behind it.

But obviously these attacks are orchestrated by someone far more technologically advanced and superior than TTP , although TTP may have carried out these attacks but they were no more than paid assassins.

Lets bust this myth.

We need to recognize that the militants from LeT, LeJ, JM and others are highly trained, and were nurtured by the Army in the past.

The SL team assault is a great example of a highly sophisticated attack carried out by LeJ in collaboration with TTP.

So lets not fool ourselves into thinking that these militant groups can't execute attacks such as this one. In terms of expertise, JM, LeJ and LeT are perhaps better equipped than TTP to carry out such an attack.

These scumbags(TTP, Punjabi Taliban, JM, LeJ etc) now operate as a conglomerate, and share resources, manpower and expertise.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom