What's new

GHQ Check-Post Attackers Killed - Hostages Rescued!

They got what for what they came from, here everyone is talking about attach on GHQ, such a big physiological success they got.

Definitely terrorists gave the message to whole damn world.

Media Assault is underway...

10 killed in gunbattle at Pakistan’s army HQ

Brazen assault on compound is country’s 3rd major attack in a week

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Gunmen wearing military uniforms and wielding assault rifles and grenades attacked Pakistan's army headquarters Saturday, sparking a ferocious gunbattle that killed four of the assailants, two senior officers and four other soldiers, authorities said.

Two of the attackers managed to infiltrate the heavily fortified compound in the garrison city of Rawalpindi, and troops were trying to flush them out hours after the initial assault, the military said. An Associated Press reporter at the scene heard four gunshots from inside the compound — long after an army spokesman said the situation was under control.

The audacious assault was the third major militant attack in Pakistan in a week and came as the government said it was planning an imminent offensive against Islamist militants in their strongholds in the rugged mountains along the border with Afghanistan.
The incident showed that the militants retain the ability to strike at the very heart of Pakistan's security apparatus despite recent military operations against their forces and the killing of Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud in a CIA drone attack in August.

'No other option'
Pakistani media said the Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack, and Interior Minister Rehman Malik said the ongoing assaults strengthened the government's resolve to launch the offensive.

"We have been left no other option except to go ahead to face them," he told Dawn television.

Militants regularly attack army bases across the country and bombed a checkpoint the outside army compound two years ago.

The attack Saturday began shortly before noon when the gunmen, dressed in camouflage military uniforms, drove in a white van up to the army compound and tried to force their way inside, army spokesman Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas said.

The assailants shot at the guards at one checkpoint, killing some of them, and then jumped out of the van and ran toward a second checkpoint, he said. Abbas said the guards were likely confused by the attackers' uniforms.

The heavily armed attackers then took up positions throughout the area, hurling at least one grenade and firing sporadically at security forces, said a senior military official inside the compound. The official, who said top army officials were trapped in the compound during the assault, spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.
After a 45-minute gunfight, four of the attackers were killed, said Abbas, who told the private Geo news television channel the assault over and the situation "under full control."

But more than an hour later, gunshots rang out from the compound, and Abbas confirmed that two more gunmen had eluded security forces and slipped into the headquarters compound in Rawalpindi. The city, adjacent to the capital of Islamabad, is filled with security checkpoints and police roadblocks.

Troops were closing in on the men, he said.

Abbas said six troops were killed and five wounded, one critically. Those killed including a brigadier and a lieutenant colonel, according to a military official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

'Fierce firing'
Khan Bahadur, a shuttle van driver, was standing outside the gate of the compound when the white van pulled up, and shooting erupted.

"There was fierce firing, and then there was a blast. Soldiers were running here and there," he said. "The firing continued for about a half-hour. There was smoke everywhere. Then there was a break, and then firing again."

The gunbattle was the third major attack in major cities in recent days, following a car bombing that killed 49 on Friday in the northwestern city of Peshawar and the bombing of a U.N. aid agency Monday that killed five in Islamabad. The man who attacked the U.N. was also wearing a security forces' uniform and was granted entry to the compound after asking to use the bathroom.

The attack appeared to be a message to the army that the militants intend to ramp up their strikes across the country in response to the government's planned offensive against Taliban strongholds in the border region of South Waziristan.

Pakistan vowed Friday to launch the new offensive in the wake of the massive Peshawar bombing.

The United States has been pushing Pakistan to take strong action against insurgents using its soil as a base for attacks in Afghanistan. The assault could be risky for the army, which was beaten back on three previous offensives into the Taliban heartland.

But the army may have been emboldened by its successes against the militants in the Swat Valley and by the killing of Mehsud.

10 killed in gunfight at Pakistan?s army HQ - Pakistan - msnbc.com
Well the masala
was missing and here it comes....

lol @ taliban is a global organization :lol:

If we engage indian presence on the afghan side we are hitting the terrorists where it will hurt them the most.

I couldnt care less if indian armed forces were 10 time ours , india has been supporting these goons via their consulates along the Pak-Afghan border and any stratergy that does not encomapss targetting these terroritst bases is incomplete from Pakistan's point of view.

Last time i checked The Taliban has attempted terrorist attacks in Britain.

And have know links with terrorist organizations like Al-queda (which are world wide)

they also recruit from Muslim populations all over the world.

Now regardless. of this, they are in Pakistan to destabilize the government so that they can get Pak nukes and enforce their interpretation of Islamic law.

And you believe that these fundamentalist Islamic who consider all non-muslims Zionists. would be working with so called Zionist India, so that they can bring their Islam to Pak.

and that India would have something to gain by destabalizig pak and letting terrorists get access to your nukes, to be used on India, nato and US.

As well as loose a government with political dialogue and replace it with that of fundamentalist fanatics.

Seriously, let alone your lack or solid proof, India does not even have a motive for supporting the TTP.
In the long run a destabilized Pak controlled by the TTP would do more harm then good to India, And i know that people in GoI and RAW know that.

So tell you what you go ahead and attack India. because in the end
the only loser will be PAk.

Get out of your india did it mentality and focus on your real problem of home grown TTP.

Yeah yeah... the same duhai..... It was not a security lapse. It is impossible to search everyone.......... We had the news of incoming terrorists......... We will destory each and every terrorist........... I have made an inquiry committee.

What else he can say or do?

KIT Over
Let me add, a bit! plz,
do, EVERY thing plz, but let me & my BOSS, on the CIAs payroll, maybe offthe RECORD?:cheers:;)

Could one of the TTP motive behind this attack be to rush the army into launching the waziristan operation?

And to give strong army a chance to throw PPPP govt. away??? Not a possibility bro. At this time when democracy is being supported by all PPP can not do such attacks and even otherwise they havnt got such courage. Al-Zulfiqar is no more.

And how can they terrorize other political parties who have taken a stance against KLB? Because army alone is not criticizing KLB many others are also.

KIT Over n Out

Are you sure there is no Al - Zardari ????

let see who is real master mind behind these attacks but timing is very critical because Army is about to launch attacks on waziristan and US wanted to dictate their terms and conditions in KRB.

They got what for what they came from, here everyone is talking about attach on GHQ, such a big physiological success they got.

Definitely terrorists gave the message to whole damn world.

First of all, we dont know yet who the attackers are so we can not tell what message they wanted to give to world.

Secondly, the message I have taken as a common man is that some terrorists came, opened fire at the guards and were fucked by our forces. Two still in ***'s hole waiting for night, to run away to their mothers's laps. That is not possible at all.

Thirdly, it was not an attack to the Administrative or main blocks of GHQ. The whole episode took place at the gates. Indeed it is a psychological attempt to lose the morals of Pakistani nation but a sensible man can understand that this is their own defeat and shows their own scatteredness.

Fourthly, I give a damn to world. Let them say and think what they want. But as long as I have heard and read foreigners on this forum none considered it a breach in security for it wasnt really.

KIT OUT

UNKNOWN EXTREMIST ATTACK ON GHQ CHECK POST WHEN THEY WERE STOP BY A SOLDIER. ALL THE EXTREMIST WERE KILLED AFTER A I HOUR BATTLE ON THE MALL ROAD,ALSO SIX FORCES MEN ALSO MARTYRED INCLUDING A BRIGEDIAR.AND LT,COL..... BY PTV NEWS( KHABRA LANGUAGE NEWS).

just wait and see what happen i think it is befor time that some person talking about indian involment
i think at this time the main thing how we stop this type of attack's and how we upgrade our defence system
this is very bad if any one attack in pakistan we sad that they are indian and in india is same doing this both are without investigation may be there are one combin enemy who want to any thing else
THINK ABOUT IT
my english is not good sorry for this

Are you sure there is no Al - Zardari ????

let see who is real master mind behind these attacks but timing is very critical because Army is about to launch attacks on waziristan and US wanted to dictate their terms and conditions in KRB.

Zardari won't dare to give up his chance, last maybe, to end.

Time will obviously tell who is behind all this. many allegations, many accusations for now but truth none knows those who know can't tell.

The attack on Waziristan is now the discreation of COAS as he is given the authority to do what is required in Waziristan. I personally think this isn't the time to launch an attack on Waziristan, for now we should use our allies like Haji Turkistan against TTP.

US wanted to dictate their terms and conditions in KLB, exactly they want something from us indeed and thats why they are dying to give us aid. But what army says 2/3 of this nation and politicians say eve some of PPP. This game is a long game.

KIT Over

First of all, we dont know yet who the attackers are so we can not tell what message they wanted to give to world.

Secondly, the message I have taken as a common man is that some terrorists came, opened fire at the guards and were fucked by our forces. Two still in ***'s hole waiting for night, to run away to their mothers's laps. That is not possible at all.

Thirdly, it was not an attack to the Administrative or main blocks of GHQ. The whole episode took place at the gates. Indeed it is a psychological attempt to lose the morals of Pakistani nation but a sensible man can understand that this is their own defeat and shows their own scatteredness.

Fourthly, I give a damn to world. Let them say and think what they want. But as long as I have heard and read foreigners on this forum none considered it a breach in security for it wasnt really.

KIT OUT

CND try to understand Sir Murshad point, attackers just wanted to creat terror in whole country to demoralize nation and their full support for army to vanish them and wanted a breaking news for western media to further escalate security elapse propoganda in which they suceed.

GREAT revange story! isnt it!
i think , that its the time to START , RED WATER, or GREEN WATER THING!
NOW batmannow, say this!
search ALL the compounds, & houses in islamabad, which were rented by the outsiders(US, UK ) nationals, take them in custdy , ask them where were them at the time of attack, if some one found guilty, put him on trail, banned the "socalled, black water or XE" thing , completly!:angry:
fire the DAM FRONT MAN "RM" of goverment of ZARDARI!
REJECT the dam , KLR !
:angry:
START SUDEN & unstopable ariel bombings of the specific targets in WAZIRISTAN, kick this govt out of power , stop all this "DEMOCRAZY" thing , put a patriotic cabinet , for the running of the affairs , with specific targets to achive!
& tell UNCLE SAM, thts it for the dam , puppets like militants!

the equation of this attack is like, CIA+BLACKWATER+G O Z+MILITANTS= KLR:angry:
TARGET? PA, PAF & PN.:angry:
ITS WHT WE, CALL PUT UP, OR SHUT UP TIME, GUYS?:angry:

I believe the attack was meant to get inside & create havoc with killing as many as possible & most probably make a hostage situation.

Reason being to just send a msg to army or nation one or 2 guys would have been more then enough. But by sending 6-7 fully armed & trained resources is a very serious matter. Getting them in Army uniforms also shows their seriousness. For just a simple ho ha they would have sent 1 or 2 guys in plain clothes or even a suicide attack at the check point just to show of force. Sending so many trained guys in military uniforms with such heavy armament meant business not a show shaaa. IF they knew or where sure that they can't get in, why risk so much, why not just a suicide attack near GHQ or at its gates??

The reason for not rigging the vehicle with explosives would be that in a cross fire the chances of the vehicle blowing up due to army fire would be high resulting in the killing of the attackers themselves, if the attack of Lahore ISI office is remembered, they got off & started on foot clearing the check points & when the blast took place it made them perish too, resulting in no mission success.

So this was a very well planned mission, they would have hoped that once the attack starts & in the resultant chaos would try to slip in. Because the initial shock of an attack is very chaotic, even the army guys would have been in chaos to get a grip of the situation & slow in replying. This would have given the attackers a chance to get very close or get in, this window of opportunity was on which these attackers were banking on.

But i believe they got a surprise themselves with the swiftness of the reaction by the personnel manning the posts even in the chaos of initial attack.

CND try to understand Sir Murshad point, attackers just wanted to creat terror in whole country to demoralize nation and their full support for army to vanish them and wanted a breaking news for western media to further escalate security elapse propoganda in which they suceed.

If I agree to you bro than I must have to agree that atleast on my part that they succeeded in demoralizing nation, they succeeded in forcing me to pull back my support for army.

Till this I am sure you also agree.

But I agree to this part that they succeeded to present a breaking news and shos the incompitancy of Pakistani security. But I am also sure that it really was't a security lapse at all. At level of intelligence I cant say. Maybe but the tight security didnt allow them to enter GHQ. To me it seems that their atleast target was to somehow enter GHQ.

KIT Over

Back
Top Bottom