What's new

Ghaher 313 fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 10 F-313 most important features

TEHRAN, Feb. 4 (MNA) – In the anniversary of Iran's 1979 Revolution, Iranian president unveils indigenous Qaher 313 (Conquer) fighter jet, developed by Ministry of Defense and Armed Forces Logistics.

The top 10 technical characteristics of the F-313 fighter jet and some of the related data on its features and appearance:

1- Using Two inlets and inlet ducts make up the air induction system to deliver air to the engine. Due to an indirect angle of the engine to the air inlets, the radar reflectivity is reduced, and it makes angled design of inlet ducts to the surface to get radar energy wave, just like in F35.

2- The hot exhaust gas mixes with cold air through the inlet ducts, and gets cooler before it gets out of the exhaust system, to reduce heat effects on the surface of the aircraft.
932873_orig.jpg

3- Use of radar-absorbent materials in the body, to absorb wave energy and reduce radar reflection, for greater stealth effect of Qaher F-313 fighter.

4- Considering the estimated length and height of the aircraft is less than 16 and 4 meter, the two compartments with payload capacity of carrying two 2000 pound bombs, or greater number of smaller smart guided missiles, or at least 6 air-to-air missiles in the category of R-17 or PL-12.

5- Relatively large vertical tail surface has created favorable directional stability and with canted vertical tails create aerodynamic benefits as well specific appropriate lateral maneuvering capabilities.

6- The very large canopy gives a 360 degree visibility, which is essential for low altitude fly-by flights, especially helps ground mission attacks, and it is also very useful in close dog-fights.

932876_orig.jpg

7- The angled wings is perfect example of indigenous design for aircrafts, which gives a side profile like M, and similar to a W profile, is the best form to use in aircrafts.

8- Single-cycle landing gear is another proof that F-313 is a light weight aircraft, with minimum flying weight of 12 to 14 ton, and maximum flying weight of 20 ton.

9- There are 8 analog displays in the cockpit, which shows Multi-Function Display (MFD) technology has more room to improve in F-313, Qaher fighter jet.
932874_orig.jpg

10- Considering F-313 normal steering lever, the control systems, with the wing movable surfaces, rudder, and vertical stabilizer are hydraulics, and not fly-by-wire (FBW) system, since many today’s aircraft use “side-steering lever” control.

The advance computer designing software (CATIA) were used for designing F-313, and aerodynamic analysis methods such as computational fluid dynamics (CFD) also were used, with the help of numerical grid generation software (GAMBIT), flow analysis software (FLUENT) and other design computation software, which shows a complete scientific work in various areas of indigenous scientific and technology was used for F-313.

MH/EA
MNA
END
MehrNews.com - Iran, world, political, sport, economic news and headlines

Interesting! did you write all this yourself LOL.

No, its an article from foreign policy: This is not real: Iran's stealth fighter | Killer Apps

You made a lot of nonsense comment and none of them said why this design is fake.
Of course since Monday you been also on drugs?
I didn't make any comment. I pointed out what the professionals said about Iran's silly toy.

First They already said the thing flying was RC whilst people were thinking it was a real-sized plane.
second, You're obviously mentally challenged and can't see this is just a mockup? It been proven this is mockup and when the real thing is ready they will show the test.
I don't care what Iran deided to call it after it was shown its fake[/QUOTE]
If they made a flying camel would had you believed them more?
How could they make a camel fly?? It defies biology.

Interesting! did you write all this yourself LOL.

You made a lot of nonsense comment and none of them said why this design is fake.
Of course since Monday you been also on drugs?

First They already said the thing flying was RC whilst people were thinking it was a real-sized plane.
second, You're obviously trolling and can't see this is just a mockup? It been proven this is mockup and when the real thing is ready they will show the test.

Another pathetic attempt by a wahabi to troll.

Only blind Iranian nationalists has bought this pathetic propaganda, so i think you are an Iranian in disguise. Probably the same person as "King of Persians" :)

Yawn. Look who's talking. You guys can not even make a toy version of this on your own.

That's fine with us.
As long as we don't lie, fake and photoshop our entire defence ministry for the sake of news headlines I am ok with it.

There are many hints this is a mockup.

1- There is no engine unveiled yet which this will use.
2- you can see the electric cable attached to it, in order to to light up the cockpit.
3- No HUD display.
4- and others of course.

they said they are working on a glass-cockpit for this plane and it is undergoing testing and once those tests are complete it will go into production. Ahmadinejad never said this plane had thousands of test flight hours, he was referring to the pilots.

Is it one of the fighter development stages to build a RC model of the plane?

I am not an expert in jet development, but it seems logical tome.What's the problem in it?

Cockpit components (From a Turkish site)
Kahir313_Kokpit.png

No, its an article from foreign policy: This is not real: Iran's stealth fighter | Killer Apps

I didn't make any comment. I pointed out what the professionals said about Iran's silly toy.

I don't care what Iran deided to call it after it was shown its fake

[/QUOTE]

really? so that article proves this is a fake plane? I mean how stupid are you? seriously?

That's fine with us.
As long as we don't lie, fake and photoshop our entire defence ministry for the sake of news headlines I am ok with it.

Iran has never lied about any of it's military achievements, only in the eyes of Wahhabi and Mongoloids is Iran lying.
I can understand your pain, but jealousy will only give you a heart attack.

Is it one of the fighter development stages to build a RC model of the plane?
As far as I know? No.

Scale models are indeed vital, but the study of how aerodynamics exhibit behaviors and effects on a body is best conducted under tightly controlled environment -- wind tunnel. This includes versions of existing body.

For example...

Conformal fuel tank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wind tunnel tested by BAE, two CFTs with 1,500 litres (400 USgal) capacity.

PICTURES: Wind tunnel tests for F-15 Silent Eagle CWB completed
Boeing has completed wind tunnel tests for the conformal weapons bay (CWB) of the F-15 Silent Eagle it is pitching in South Korea's F-X III requirement for 60 aircraft.

The tests used a scale model of the F-15SE to assess the effects of various air speeds and flight angles, said Boeing in a statement.
Even the CFT development warrants tightly controlled wind tunnel testing.

An open air RC small scale model reveals nothing other than the body can fly. Nothing about air flow that can create stresses like how such was discovered on the F-18. Or on how to shape the intake to maximize engine efficiency at so-and-so range of speed and altitude combination. Wind tunnel testing with increasingly larger scale models is the best and most efficient path to development. Not RC small scale model flights.

The only junk here is that plastic peace of crap that has made your country into the laughing stock of the world.

"Iraninan engine"

China which has an economy that is 11 time's bigger than yours, and a R&D budget that's bigger than your entire Military budget, vastly more engineers than you could ever imagine is having trouble building a reliable 4th generation Military engine, and lets not speak of let 5th gen, and that's why too this day they are still buying our engines, despite what some Chinese cheerleaders may say. LOL "Iranian engine" thanks for the laugh.

A correction is needed. Your info is a bit outdated. The R&D with respect to engines is actually a bit different.

China's fourth generation engine, or WS-10A, has already been installed on all J-11B aircraft, J-10B prototypes, J-15 prototypes, and J-16 prototypes. The WS-13 is in testing. The WS-10A produces more thrust than either the Al-31F or the F110. A new variant of the WS-13 is also being built. On top of that, the WS-10A is being differentiated into the WS-20 and CJ-1000A.

China's fifth generation engine, or WS-15, has made its first run already and is on track as of now. China also has variants of its engine, called the CJ-2000, under development.

So, to sum things up, China has:
- One engine in service
- Two in testing
- Three in development.

So, why does China import AL-31Fs? That is due to the fact that the J-10A, which was built before the WS-10A problems were resolves, were incompatible with the Al-31F. That means that importing the Al-31F is the only option until the J-10A stops production. The fact that the Chinese used their own engine to test J-10B, J-15, and J-16 prototypes mean that they are very confident and careful in their design.

If this stealthy fighter jet is made to tailor for defending and attacking in the Persian gulf, than it is a very potent fighter aircraft, Tiny small!, no, it is about the size of an F-5 fighter jet or even a bit bigger, watch the video again and look up the proportions when the crowd is bit farther from the airplane.
No radar?, than the F-5 has none too! Do not forget that Iran is very advanced in nano-technologies, meaning, they can miniaturise things including a radar's components, and produce carbon fiber for the body of the plane to make it lighter and heavily resistant to big payloads, and not to forget fuel efficiency and easiness of maintenance. For the engine and depending on the variants and roles of the airplane, Iran can easily reverse engineer many potent engines found in the F-4, the F-14, the Mig-29 and so on...
For this role it can only be matched by the F-22 which costs at least a hundred million to produce, at this price Iran might be able to manufacture 15 F-313, and with 300 of these little fighters, Iran's skies are immune to the most advanced fighter jets in the world, because they can not see this little bird till it is too late for them, or not see it at all.
For an attack role in the perimeter of the Persian gulf it is still more potent due to its stealthiness.
So, when they say it is ultra advanced, you better believe them, Iran already produces very advanced helmets _found in the F-22_ and many advanced avionics including AESA radar that they showed a big air defence version of last year.
So all in all this can be a frog leap in middle eastern aviation history and to the benefit of Iran. This reminds one of a British high ranking politician, looking very worried about a nuclear head design that Iran supposedly worked on, and saying, that Iran can't have that and he added blatantly that Iran should work on things like that in a chronological manner like the west did !!! or else...!
To come back to this little marvel named Qaher 313, I find it in line with the Iranian doctrine of defence.

The advanced aircraft with an advanced appearance has a very small Radar Cross Section (RCS) and is capable of operating and flying in low-altitude.

High-tech materials and electro-ionic systems were used in the aircraft which is capable of landing and taking off from short runways.

Qaher 313 is able to rival with the most advanced fighter jets in shape and structure, adding that its shape has gifted the aircraft small RCS.

These are the specs mentioned by Iran's defence minister.

Does anyone know what electro-ionic systems can be used in a fighter jet? please share.

What I know and what I found are only applications for propulsion! (in space), water treatment, cathodic displays and a few other advanced small applications.

The application for propulsion is the most interesting if it can be somehow adjusted the earth's atmospheric pressure !!!
The exhaust system of the Qaher 313 resembles a working NASA ionic propulsion system !?
Here is the link for it :

NASA - Ion Propulsion

105799main_fs021fig1.jpg

ion.gif

next-thruster-8.jpg

2888281489_46e93123d6_z.jpg

sonicblueengine.png

superconducting-supersonic-engine.html

Superconducting supersonic engine patents for Sonicstar supersonic business jet

"electromagnetic ionic propulsion"

The basic principle behind ion propulsion is to positively charge a fluid and then electromagnetically propel it to create thrust. It’s a very efficient technique that NASA have been using to propel long-distance, unmanned space vehicles. While the amount of thrust it produces is quite small, it can be sustained over a long-term trip to provide a very effective cumulative acceleration that eventually far outweighs the much more powerful but fuel-hungry chemical rockets used for take-offs.

Where's My Jetpack? Right Here. | Wired Science | Wired.com

Or
nvidia_ion_package.jpg

When it comes to radars, here is an example of an AESA radar developed by Russia for its 5th generation fighter planes.
epaulet0hq.jpg

Tikhomirov NIIP institute presented a small Epaulet-A active electronically scanned antenna (AESA) radar.

Unlike another AESA radar, Zhuk-A, shown by Phazotron-NIIR company in the neighboring pavilion, the Epaulet was not a mock-up, but a fully functioning experimental radar dismounted for the time of exposition from the test stand. According to NIIP representatives, the radar operates within frequency range X (centimeter wavelength). The radiation power in each of the antenna channels "amounts to 8-1OW, which may be compared to 5-8W emitted by foreign radars"; noise factor amounts to 3dB, whereas the efficiency factor is about 30%.

The Epaulet-A radar has been built almost exclusively from Russian components with use of Russian technology, which is one of the basic conditions required by Russian air forces for the equipment to be installed in the fifth-generation fighter. The Epaulet-A is an experimental radar used for developing AESA technology and it is composed of only 68 transmit-receive modules; the next radars may be equipped with aerials of any form and size. The price of a single module "will be reduced to an acceptable level, provided that the same technology is used also for other series radiolocation systems made for military and civil applications" say NIIP officials.
http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?t=70488

The Vixen 500E radar is a compact, easy to install solution and forms part of the large family of scaleable SELEX Galileo AESA Radars ranging from the small PicoSAR surveillance radar to the larger Vixen 1000E wide field of regard radar and also the Raven ES-05 Fire Control radar selected for the Gripen NG aircraft.
http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/surveillance/selex-galileo/pressselex-galileo-vixen-500e-aesa-radar.html

Kahir313_Kokpit.png

another interesting feature of the mockup is... strange enough...it has civil aviation avionics

with all other observations which were already stated... you are getting the impression that people who were constructing the mockup was in a hurry

Siyah Gri Beyaz:

wind tunnel testing video

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know? No.

Scale models are indeed vital, but the study of how aerodynamics exhibit behaviors and effects on a body is best conducted under tightly controlled environment -- wind tunnel. This includes versions of existing body.

As far as every one knows! No.

The earliest wind tunnels were invented around 1880 but mature wind tunnels were built during WW2. Why so expensive structures?

To measure the dynamic and static pressures in several directions by sensors with variant and controlled air velocities which is impossible to be obtain by RC model.

450px-Kirsten_wind_tunnel_05.jpg

So, RC model is meaning less in design procedure of a fighter. Now you tell me what was the purpose!

As far as every one knows! No.

The earliest wind tunnels were invented around 1880 but mature wind tunnels were built during WW2. Why so expensive structures?

To measure the dynamic and static pressures in several directions by sensors with variant and controlled air velocities which is impossible to be obtain by RC model.

450px-Kirsten_wind_tunnel_05.jpg

So, RC model is meaning less in design procedure of a fighter. Now you tell me what was the purpose!
Beats me...Other than for propaganda purposes...

High-tech materials and electro-ionic systems were used in the aircraft which is capable of landing and taking off from short runways.

Does anyone know what electro-ionic systems can be used in a fighter jet? please share.

Looks to be a mistranslation (misreading) of the word he used, i.e. الکتراویونیک, which can be read both electro-ionic and electro-avionic.

I'm not sure how this is supposed to be STOL, since STOL planes should have lower minimum speed, which means they need more stablity, something that this mockup/plane/whatever lacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom