What's new

Ghaher 313 fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shafaq also has some similarity to the Sukhoi Su 54/55/56 design (which never came to full fruition)

ifhu971.jpg

Sukhoi S-54 (1995) was to be a two-seat advanced jet trainer and light combat aircraft. The design began as one of the designs by five OKBs to meet official Russian requirement to replace Aero L-29 and L-39 Albatros. Program launched 1990, configuration refined 1992, avionics and system units tested in Su-25 and Su-27. Described by Sukhoi as scaled-down development of Su-27/33, with speed, operating altitude and maneuverability commensurate with combat aircraft; unconventional all-swept mid-wing configuration; twin outward-canted fins mounted at wing trailing-edges; engine air intakes under wing roots; retractable tricycle landing gear. From the very beginning, the S-54 has been designed with a shipborne role in mind. This provided for the folding wing, arrestor hook, anticorrosion coating, etc.).The Admiral Kuznetsov performances determined the S-56's characteristics. The S-56 would have been the most compact fighter across the world. The developer strove to make the plane with its wings folded to fit the square of 3 by 3 metres.

Some more info's here
Sukhoi S-54/S-55/S-56 Design Progression
Sukhoi S-54 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
C-56

avruff_05.png

Last edited:
All right lads, tone it down pls. This is no place to exchange insults.

The Shafaq was the last realistic(and rather promising) project to come out of Iran.

The Shafaq was the last realistic(and rather promising) project to come out of Iran.

Some claim that the Shafaq was also a mockup

"In 2013, Iranian Internet users published pictures of a poster they spotted at defense expo. The poster described the efforts of personnel working in the mock-up shop at Malek Ashtar University—and included images of what appeared to be the full-scale, wooden Shafagh model under construction."
image.jpg

A wooden mockup of Shafeq

A Short History of Iran’s (Other) Fake Warplane — War Is Boring — Medium

Some claim that the Shafaq was also a mockup

"In 2013, Iranian Internet users published pictures of a poster they spotted at defense expo. The poster described the efforts of personnel working in the mock-up shop at Malek Ashtar University—and included images of what appeared to be the full-scale, wooden Shafagh model under construction."
View attachment 46081
A wooden mockup of Shafeq

A Short History of Iran’s (Other) Fake Warplane — War Is Boring — Medium

It was a mockup. But it was a mockup of a project that would easily have made into the air and be successful at it. Not a laughing stock of the aviation world that the topic of the thread was.

It was a mockup. But it was a mockup of a project that would easily have made into the air and be successful at it. Not a laughing stock of the aviation world that the topic of the thread was.
Now,you are trolling....
I don't know whats your problem with, Qaher?its's aerodynamic shape?then I should tell you that it's RC model DID Fly!that indicates that there is nothing wrong with its unusual shape.

Your problem is with its cockpit?then I should tell you that this was only a mock up and not a functional bird as it was admitted before.Qaher will have a cockpit similar to that of kowsar88 training jet which was unveilied several days ago .

I will report your post to weby if you go on with trollish words like "laughing stock".
Shafagh project is not stopped.

Yak-130: a subsonic two-seat advanced jet trainer /light attack aircraft originally developed by Yakovlev of Russia and Aermacchi of Italy, which has the M-346 variant. Development began in 1991, the maiden flight was on 26 April 1996. Won a Russian government tender for training aircraft in 2005, and preproduction aircraft entered service with the Russian Air Force in 2009. RusAF intends to buy at least 72 Yak-130s. Russian Air Force took delivery of the first six series prduced Yak-130 in October 2012. In 2014 Irkuk Corp. signed a contract with the RUssian MoD to supply additional Yakovlev Yak-130 advanced jet trainer aircraft to the Air Force. Malaysia and several other countries are interested in Yak-130. In January 2014 Bangladesh orders 24 Yak-130. Ordered by Syria, which is expected to have 36 by 2016. The Aermacchi M-346 varian is in service with the air forces of Israel (30 ordered, 2 delivered), Italy (15 ordered), Poland (8 ordered, first 2 due in 2016) and Singapore (22).

Aermacchi M-346
1280px-Aermacchi_M-346.JPG

Closest kin is the Chinese Hongdu L15, the development of which is reportedly assisted by Yakovlev OKB of Russia.
HAIG_L15.jpg

pretty damn sexy I do say. the lines and curves just feel so right :smitten:
by comparison is this what we are rolling with :sick:

T-38-Talon-43.jpg

Now,you are trolling....
I don't know whats your problem with, Qaher?its's aerodynamic shape?then I should tell you that it's RC model DID Fly!that indicates that there is nothing wrong with its unusual shape.

Your problem is with its cockpit?then I should tell you that this was only a mock up and not a functional bird as it was admitted before.Qaher will have a cockpit similar to that of kowsar88 training jet which was unveilied several days ago .

I will report your post to weby if you go on with trollish words like "laughing stock".
Shafagh project is not stopped.

What do you mean problem?
It is not a serious project. Whether you look at it from an aerodynamic, Low observable, and operational idea.
The cockpit is not the worst part of the joke, the design of the intakes.. the idea that there will even be weapons hanging off it..inside or outside. Now you are telling me that the fighter that is supposedly the "best" Iran will produce and is to compete with the F-35 has a cockpit based off a trainer?!

This is also a RC model that flies.. lets see if it works in real life too..maybe Iran should build these too.
toilet-bowl.jpg

Go ahead and report all you like, but the qaher-313 is THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE ENTIRE AVIATION INDUSTRY OF THE WORLD.

The Shafaqh is where Iran should concentrate as that is the platform with the most potential to take the Iranian industry forward.. even then Iran is ten years late into that project. Instead of Ahmedinijad gloating over a really bad propaganda idea.. there should have been revealing the first prototype of the Shafagh. But Iranian industry is too busy promoting foolish ideas for the world to laugh at instead of exploiting their true potential.

What do you mean problem?
It is not a serious project. Whether you look at it from an aerodynamic, Low observable, and operational idea.
The cockpit is not the worst part of the joke, the design of the intakes.. the idea that there will even be weapons hanging off it..inside or outside. Now you are telling me that the fighter that is supposedly the "best" Iran will produce and is to compete with the F-35 has a cockpit based off a trainer?!

This is also a RC model that flies.. lets see if it works in real life too..maybe Iran should build these too.
toilet-bowl.jpg

Go ahead and report all you like, but the qaher-313 is THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE ENTIRE AVIATION INDUSTRY OF THE WORLD.

The Shafaqh is where Iran should concentrate as that is the platform with the most potential to take the Iranian industry forward.. even then Iran is ten years late into that project. Instead of Ahmedinijad gloating over a really bad propaganda idea.. there should have been revealing the first prototype of the Shafagh. But Iranian industry is too busy promoting foolish ideas for the world to laugh at instead of exploiting their true potential.
That thing doesn't fly.that moves on the surface.

Qaher RC was able to fly.so does its real-size model.thats it.intake size depends on engine type.how do you know Qaher's intakes are not suitable?do you have any fact to support your childish claim?weapon bay is placed at the button of the plane and that is enough space to load six R-73 missile(or two 2000 pound bomb).very identical to that of F-35.I didnt say Qaher' cockpit will be the same.It will be as modern as that of Kowsar88.

Iran should stick to the F-14. we should donate some spare parts and become friends :usflag:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom