What's new

Getting Indian medical Visa is a new struggle for Bangladeshis

I don't know if you heard that bangladesh is the second largest incoming tourist nation in India after Unitedstates

I have quoted it many times in this very forum. 1.1 million tourists last year....and set to increase more. BD will probably overtake the US soon in source of foreign tourists into India...and be competing number wise even with some large states of India domestically (for say total tourism into West Bengal etc).

We welcome BD tourists, hope they expand past WB and main circuits and also promote their own country in India so reverse flow happens as well for win-win.

As for rest of your post, someone needs to do an analysis and breakdown of the reasons for visiting India. Till then its largely hearsay and speculation. @kobiraaz for example said that 99% of the BD tourists visiting India do so for medical reasons....whereas I am more inclined to guess at somewhere between 40 - 60 %....but there is simply no official data I have found anywhere given the type of visa block is the same.

India is the most important country for Bangladesh. Currently it's 1.5 million tourist visit in India. If they were 99% sick among them sounds funny. As I have mentioned medical visa has less refusal rate than the tourist visa. So people find it easy way to visit in India. In West bengal many people has relatives. British divided the country but not the race. Whatever we all say or fight in facebook or forum still india is the most suitable tourist destination for us because of language and culture.
I have quoted it many times in this very forum. 1.1 million tourists last year....and set to increase more. BD will probably overtake the US soon in source of foreign tourists into India...and be competing number wise even with some large states of India domestically (for say total tourism into West Bengal etc).

We welcome BD tourists, hope they expand past WB and main circuits and also promote their own country in India so reverse flow happens as well for win-win.

As for rest of your post, someone needs to do an analysis and breakdown of the reasons for visiting India. Till then its largely hearsay and speculation. @kobiraaz for example said that 99% of the BD tourists visiting India do so for medical reasons....whereas I am more inclined to guess at somewhere between 40 - 60 %....but there is simply no official data I have found anywhere given the type of visa block is the same.

@waz Sir I remember I received my single Warning in PDF just after joining For posting An old but not discussed article.

And now a days people can post in Hebrew without any trouble.

Off topic: Bengali is 'Hebrew' for a Bangladeshi nowadays...that's a good progress.

On topic: Indian hospitals have facilities and network in Bangladesh who facilitate in sending the BD patients to India. And nowadays Indian hospitals are opening super-speciality hospitals in Bangladesh also for most treatments, probably with Indian doctors and some BD doctors with credible foreign degrees, I am not sure about the quality of medical education in Bangladesh.

Off topic: Bengali is 'Hebrew' for a Bangladeshi nowadays...that's a good progress.

On topic: Indian hospitals have facilities and network in Bangladesh who facilitate in sending the BD patients to India. And nowadays Indian hospitals are opening super-speciality hospitals in Bangladesh also for most treatments, probably with Indian doctors and some BD doctors with credible foreign degrees, I am not sure about the quality of medical education in Bangladesh.

No matter how hard you try, You will be dominated by Hindi today or tomorrow. লিখে দিলাম দাদা। ভারতের গোলামি করবে না বাপ দাদার ঐতিহ্য রক্ষা করবেন সেটা সম্পূর্ণ আপনার নিজস্ব সিদ্ধান্ত।

Bengali Medical Education is good but the medical culture isn't Good. Most of the Doctors are corrupted, not professional. Unnecessary Tests, prescribing Expensive medicine after receiving percentage are the main causes behind people losing trust on health professionals. I don't think India is much better either. But people consider them less corrupted. Anyway all the medical colleges have a fair share of Indian students

Last edited:
No matter how hard you try, You will be dominated by Hindi today or tomorrow. লিখে দিলাম দাদা। ভারতের গোলামি করবে না বাপ দাদার ঐতিহ্য রক্ষা করবেন সেটা সম্পূর্ণ আপনার নিজস্ব সিদ্ধান্ত।

Bengali Medical Education is good but the medical culture isn't Good. Most of the Doctors are corrupted, not professional. Unnecessary Tests, prescribing Expensive medicine after receiving percentage are the main causes behind people losing trust on health professionals. I don't think India is much better either. But people consider them less corrupted. Anyway all the medical colleges have a fair share of Indian students

Some of the south Indian hospitals and some non-profit hospitals run by certain NGOs and religious organizations are not corrupted and don't fleece patients, can't say the same about other corporate hospitals.

And what is "Bharoter golami"???

Some of the south Indian hospitals and some non-profit hospitals run by certain NGOs and religious organizations are not corrupted and don't fleece patients, can't say the same about other corporate hospitals.

And what is "Bharoter golami"???

Yes Almost all the people I met went to Christian Hospital, Vellore or something like that.

ভারতের গোলামি হল যখন এক বাঙ্গালি থেকে দক্ষিণ ভারতের নিলগিরি আপনার স্বদেশি হয়ে যায়। :cry: মানুষ ভুলে যায় জননীকে, প্রফুল্ল ক্ষুদিরাম থেকে শিবাজি যখন বড় হয়ে উঠে :frown:

Yes Almost all the people I met went to Christian Hospital, Vellore or something like that.

There is a reason why most of the Bangladeshi patients visit CMC Vellore.
The quality of care to overall cost is one of the best in the region. A lot of people from West Bengal also visit the hospital for the same. A similar quality of treatment in any other Indian city like Bangalore , Delhi , Chennai , Hyderabad or Mumbai would cost much higher.

Last edited:

Not sure if the Vellore hospital is a Christian hospital, but there are hospitals run by Christian missionaries and several Hindu organizations that provide good service at reasonable costs. Some NGOs and some government hospitals are also good. The unethical practices are prevalent in private corporate hospitals.

ভারতের গোলামি হল যখন এক বাঙ্গালি থেকে দক্ষিণ ভারতের নিলগিরি আপনার স্বদেশি হয়ে যায়। :cry: মানুষ ভুলে যায় জননীকে, প্রফুল্ল ক্ষুদিরাম থেকে শিবাজি যখন বড়

India is my motherland, north, east, west, south, all of India and all the Indians are my dearest fellow countrymen, we stand together and aspire to achieve common goals.

Not sure if the Vellore hospital is a Christian hospital, but there are hospitals run by Christian missionaries and several Hindu organizations that provide good service at reasonable costs. Some NGOs and some government hospitals are also good. The unethical practices are prevalent in private corporate hospitals.

India is my motherland, north, east, west, south, all of India and all the Indians are my dearest fellow countrymen, we stand together and aspire to achieve common goals.

It is called Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore. There is a counterpart in Ludhiana, set up by Vellore and staffed largely by delegates from Vellore. The institution was founded by the American missionary, Ida B. Scudder.

Yes Vellore is originally a Christian-origin medical school + Hospital. It's name is quite huge in TN and beyond....to the point that Vellore and hospital are synonymous in TN at least.

It is the holder of many "firsts" in India and even the world which you can read about on the wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Medical_College_&_Hospital

@Joe Shearer can tell you more about Ida Scudder

EDIT: looks like he has already beaten me lol

আগেই বলেছি এটা আপনার নিজস্ব বিষয়, আপনি কাকে আপন করবেন আর কাকে পর।

মারাঠার বিরুদ্ধে তো আর কম বাঙালি হিন্দু লড়েনি যেমন লড়েছে বাংলার মুসলমানেরা দিল্লীর মুসলমানদের বিরুদ্ধে

আজ চিত্তরঞ্জন যদি অভিন্ন বাংলা বানিয়ে বসতেন এই আপনিই আমাদের মত ভারত বিরোধিতা করতেন। ইতিহাস এক বহতা নদী। কখন কোথায় দিক পরিবর্তন করে কে জানে। :cheers:

Yes Vellore is originally a Christian-origin medical school + Hospital. It's name is quite huge in TN and beyond.

It is the holder of many "firsts" in India and even the world which you can read about on the wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Medical_College_&_Hospital

@Joe Shearer can tell you more about Ida Scudder

EDIT: looks like he has already beaten me lol

She was my grandmother's friend, and many decades ago, I saw her letter in my grandma's writing desk.
@Joe Shearer

Got a video for you:

What an incredible treat!!!

আগেই বলেছি এটা আপনার নিজস্ব বিষয়, আপনি কাকে আপন করবেন আর কাকে পর।

মারাঠার বিরুদ্ধে তো আর কম বাঙালি হিন্দু লড়েনি যেমন লড়েছে বাংলার মুসলমানেরা দিল্লীর মুসলমানদের বিরুদ্ধে

আজ চিত্তরঞ্জন যদি অভিন্ন বাংলা বানিয়ে বসতেন এই আপনিই আমাদের মত ভারত বিরোধিতা করতেন। ইতিহাস এক বহতা নদী। কখন কোথায় দিক পরিবর্তন করে কে জানে। :cheers:

Bangladesh amago dhoneprane maira por korse, ar apon hoibo kemne! Obhinno Bangla hoile aj amago thikana Bihar ki Orissa hoito. Aam o jaito..cchala o......

Ar amra age Bharotiyo, deshbhager ageo chilam, poreo...

India is the most important country for Bangladesh. Currently it's 1.5 million tourist visit in India. If they were 99% sick among them sounds funny. As I have mentioned medical visa has less refusal rate than the tourist visa. So people find it easy way to visit in India. In West bengal many people has relatives. British divided the country but not the race. Whatever we all say or fight in facebook or forum still india is the most suitable tourist destination for us because of language and culture.

My friend Mizan used to come across faithfully once a year - he and his brothers were St Xaviers boys, until their local guardians, all High Court judges, advised them to go to Pakistan and build their careers - to enjoy the slightly different food, the bookshops, and visiting his relatives, one of whom was a municipal councillor and quite an important political figure. Unfortunately I was never in a position to put him up at home; in Dhaka, he and his elder brother Reza, still alive but sadly a victim of Alzheimers, would not allow me to go anywhere else but their homes. Neither of them came for medical reasons; in his last illness, Mizan battled it out in Dhaka, and Reza is still in very good hands in Dhaka. Their nephew Pappu, one year my senior, did come across regularly with his family, and I remember being deeply affected by his teenage daughter's artless comment about how comfortable it was for a young woman to wander about Calcutta. I have dozens of friends, whom I miss desperately, who come across in good weather, and shop, and eat, and see the sights, and do a bit of sight-seeing, buy saris of the west Bengali sort, and do a little bit of discreet and quiet investment in real estate (we both took care not to let each other down by discussing what needed no discussion).

I miss Dhaka and my friends, and miss seeing them in Calcutta desperately.

Medical reasons be hanged. If they get good care, good luck to them. I am glad that travel is so easy, and that I was so lucky.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom