dadeechi

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Germany offers India deal for next generation submarines
By Manu Pubby, ET Bureau | 6 May, 2016, 05.56AM IST
Post a Comment

NEW DELHI: In a departure from its traditional approach to business in India, Germany is for the first time offering a military deal under the government-government umbrella for its new-generation conventional submarines that have exceptional underwater endurance.

While in the past the German government had kept away from contracts being bagged by its arms industries in India, the HDW 214 submarines are being offered as a special case for Indian Navy's requirement of six boats, which are to be made in India at an estimated cost of over Rs 60,000 crore.

Sources told ET that the formal proposal is being shared with the defence ministry in which the German government will give assurances on fair price, technology transfer and quality.

Russian and French submarines are, too, competing for the mega P 75I project, which is likely to see a private sector yard in India carry out a major chunk of the work. India will be mandating Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) - a technology that enables the submarine to remain underwater for several days at a stretch instead of coming up to surface frequently to replenish oxygen needed to burn the fuel — for the submarines.

"The offer has certain assurances that the product will meet Indian requirements," an official involved in the process told ET. Russia, which is developing its own AIP system, has already advised India to conclude the P 75I project under a government deal as it has too many complexities of technology transfer.

German company Thyssenkrupp Marine Systems that manufactures the submarine said it "is not in a position to comment on talks between the governments of the two nations", but said it was interested in offering its 214 class boats with "robust transfer of technology, training and meeting offset obligations". "We define this as a 'no-holds barred' transfer of technology in line with Modi government's 'Make in India' push," the company spokesperson said in response to a detailed questionnaire by ET.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...eneration-submarines/articleshow/52138779.cms

Come on jerries give us the best you have U216 and then we can talk about it.....at $50 billion Australian's will get nuts, now japs and jerries both will try to give their best to india to prove that their subs are better or match the new barracuda class......i hope to see the best in Indian navy.....12 subs are confirmed in P75i....and 12 subs in project P75.....

All is about meeting the needs of Navy. Land Attack capability via VLS is one among them. It, along with AIP and price will decide the winner.

If India have to go with a SSK without VLS then why not more Scorpenes? I think for P-75I, VLS is one of the requirement.

If India have to go with a SSK without VLS then why not more Scorpenes? I think for P-75I, VLS is one of the requirement.

Scorpenes doesn't meet requirements like endurance, range, land attack capability as it lacks VLS, it is basically designed for littoral warfare.
Come on Germans give us the best you have U216 and then we can talk about it.....at $50 billion Australian's will get nuts, now Japaness and Germans both will try to give their best to india to prove that their subs are better or match the new barracuda class......i hope to see the best in Indian navy.....12 subs are confirmed in P75i....and 12 subs in project P75.....
You can't save much time by not using full terms..
& read full article? TKMS still offering only U214 which failed against Scorpenes & Japanese aren't going to offer for sure.
May be we can see some Barracuda class which design can be converted to SSN design.

Scorpenes doesn't meet requirements like endurance, range, land attack capability as it lacks VLS, it is basically designed for littoral warfare.

You can't save much time by not using full terms..
& read full article? TKMS still offering only U214 which failed against Scorpenes & Japanese aren't going to offer for sure.
May be we can see some Barracuda class which design can be converted to SSN design.
Oh so you are the one who decides the tems and rules for world politics???
Like why wont the japs or jerries give away their tech for hard cash, i hope you have some influence over world politics to be so sure:rolleyes:

Oh so you are the one who decides the tems and rules for world politics???
Like why wont the japs or jerries give away their tech for hard cash, i hope you have some influence over world politics to be so sure:rolleyes:
I'm not deciding terms and rules of world politics but terms which you are using "jerries & japs" are racist terms, you shouldn't use that.

Today i saw old lady around her 70s was collecting remains of wheat plants from fields after harvesting in around 1 pm it was afternoon full sun .........dam i felt very sad for her then i thought about these massive defence equipment purchases.........yeah these are necessary bt we srsly need to think about that...... what benfit these things will bring to our poor.....

Today i saw old lady around her 70s was collecting remains of wheat plants from fields after harvesting in around 1 pm it was afternoon full sun .........dam i felt very sad for her then i thought about these massive defence equipment purchases.........yeah these are necessary bt we srsly need to think about that...... what benfit these things will bring to our poor.....

The peanuts we spend on defence ensure that the poors are at least alive. Without them, we are surrounded by maniacs, murders and looters who would ensure no poor is left in the first place along with all Indians.

I'm not deciding terms and rules of world politics but terms which you are using "jerries & japs" are racist terms, you shouldn't use that.
Ok but these terms were used by US and British troops during ww2.....sorry i wont use them from now....

Both Scorpene as well as Type-214 lack VLS.( Though both can fire cruise missiles through 533 mm torpedo tubes).
Both are similar in speed and displacement etc.
Type-214 has slightly more endurance but Scorpene has more weapon payload.
Both are Ocean going submarines.
Now seeing that It would be stupid to go for Type-214 instead of Scorpene which already have a production line in India. That was my point.

That's in the world, not "in India".

Meanwhile:

GDP of India: $2.1 trillion
GDP of Pakistan: $250 billion
(India has more than 8 times money than Pak, and can therefore afford to spend 8 times more on defence; but we do not.)

Per capita GDP of India: $1600 dollars
Per capita GDP of Pakistan: $1320 dollars
(Pakistanis are poorer than Indians. Period.)

India's GDP growth rate: 7.5%
Pak GDP growth rate: 5%
(Already richer Indians are growing richer faster than already poorer Pakistanis.)

Pakistan's spending on defence: 3.5% of country's GDP
India's spending on defence: 1.7% of country's GDP
(The poorer country Pakistan, spends more than twice as much on defence as India, as a percentage of the country's GDP.)

And yet, Pakistanis are concerned about India's poverty when India buys anything that they cannot ever hope to. Therefore, conclusion:

Either:

1) Pakistanis are very noble and selfless people, always concerned about the welfare of their neighbours, even more than their own welfare, even though they are in a much worse position, and only getting worse in comparison.

Or:

2) Pakistanis need huge supplies of Burnol.

Take your pick about which conclusion to choose. The facts are true.
Its not about Pak its about India priorities ,Any ways on topic this class of Submarines are still way a head for India

Look like you are very much worried about India's POVERTY...Could you please pass on those subsidy and AID money to India... We will try to fix this issue up to some level.
Yes first stop making this region Hell with our agenda ,stop procuring weapons and start investing on your people so that we can do the same and then if you need money we will send you as good neighbours

Back
Top Bottom