What's new

Germany offers India deal for next generation submarines

yep,lets feed the troll and ruin the thread.

Both Scorpene as well as Type-214 lack VLS.( Though both can fire cruise missiles through 533 mm torpedo tubes).
Both are similar in speed and displacement etc.
Type-214 has slightly more endurance but Scorpene has more weapon payload.
Both are Ocean going submarines.
Now seeing that It would be stupid to go for Type-214 instead of Scorpene which already have a production line in India. That was my point.

Follow on Scorpenes should be procured more and more.

Type214 should be selected in P75I , we bought scorpenes over it .

A Type 214 with VLS module , enlarged size for endurance similar to that of Kilos , meaning Type 216 concept is what is needed. Else a Lada concept.

Should keep away from French alternatives , given the recent win in Australia , they will be rigid and it will take decades to negotiate.

Today i saw old lady around her 70s was collecting remains of wheat plants from fields after harvesting in around 1 pm it was afternoon full sun .........dam i felt very sad for her then i thought about these massive defence equipment purchases.........yeah these are necessary bt we srsly need to think about that...... what benfit these things will bring to our poor.....
I feel for her but we cannot negate security of people as well as assets, while this is a fact we really need to keep things balanced, i mean more funds should be allocated to farming sector, and also remove these dalals from in between, their should be no middle man....so that Farmers too earn money.....

Today i saw old lady around her 70s was collecting remains of wheat plants from fields after harvesting in around 1 pm it was afternoon full sun .........dam i felt very sad for her then i thought about these massive defence equipment purchases.........yeah these are necessary bt we srsly need to think about that...... what benfit these things will bring to our poor.....

Will the enemy picture this old and poor woman and say, I am not going to attack India as there are poor people working hard to make a living? It's a dog eat dog world out there. Only non emotional people are fit for defence. May be you should to part of charity forums instead of defence forums.

Ok but these terms were used by US and British troops during ww2.....sorry i wont use them from now....
So, you must follow their footsteps, why did you get freedom? Why changed names of Indian cities & states?
Both Scorpene as well as Type-214 lack VLS.( Though both can fire cruise missiles through 533 mm torpedo tubes).
Both are similar in speed and displacement etc.
Type-214 has slightly more endurance but Scorpene has more weapon payload.
Both are Ocean going submarines.
Now seeing that It would be stupid to go for Type-214 instead of Scorpene which already have a production line in India. That was my point.
I know both doesn't have VLS, are similar but there is no point in acquiring U214 if we have Scorpenes production line, VLS can be fiited on enlarged Scorpenes.
Its not about Pak its about India priorities ,Any ways on topic this class of Submarines are still way a head for India
First, think about Pakistan which spends less than 10B dollars on all development projects.

Buddy there is a simple term known as mind your own business and let us mind our . In India talent we are trying to move ahead.

Yes first stop making this region Hell with our agenda ,stop procuring weapons and start investing on your people so that we can do the same and then if you need money we will send you as good neighbours

Will the enemy picture this old and poor woman and say, I am not going to attack India as there are poor people working hard to make a living? It's a dog eat dog world out there. Only non emotional people are fit for defence. May be you should to part of charity forums instead of defence forums
pls spare me from your non emotional shit...this nation is united just becouse people feel brotherhood and patriotism not becouse there is some special ideology behind it.......i'm alo a supporter of our armed forces bt dont you feel that attitude of our armed forces that we want best of world is not adequate..... i'm just saying why not spend money on less capable bt sufficient wepons.......china waited 3 decades for this moment.......today we have opportunity to grow becouse china dont want war atleast today and pakistan in no position to attack us for atleast 2 decades

pls spare me from your non emotional shit...this nation is united just becouse people feel brotherhood and patriotism not becouse there is some special ideology behind it.......i'm alo a supporter of our armed forces bt dont you feel that attitude of our armed forces that we want best of world is not adequate..... i'm just saying why not spend money on less capable bt sufficient wepons.......china waited 3 decades for this moment.......today we have opportunity to grow becouse china dont want war atleast today and pakistan in no position to attack us for atleast 2 decades
Predicting Chinese moves needs lot of Intellectual, Logical, Diplomatic, Strategic, Economic and Astrological Geniusness, I hope you have all that in you :enjoy:

Predicting Chinese moves needs lot of Intellectual, Logical, Diplomatic, Strategic, Economic and Astrological Geniusness, I hope you have all that in you
i wish i have .......btw i think u did not got my point

India or Pakistan, or any nation in world, I am against nuclear powered submarines... Why do the CLIMATE CHANGE and ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION CHAMPIONS always forget how critical could it be??

India or Pakistan, or any nation in world, I am against nuclear powered submarines... Why do the CLIMATE CHANGE and ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION CHAMPIONS always forget how critical could it be??
I like your DP
It's Harrrrrrraaaaam

Are they offering the type 212 or type 214 ? And whats the major difference between the two?
I would vote for the shortfin barracuda from dcns .

Do you what ?
1. We spend " PEANUTS " , even less than that !
2. Pakistan is in no position to attack us ? Have you ever checked their armoured forces ? There SPH forces ? They out number and out gun us !
3. China doesn't want war ? Do you ? Do you think so ? If yes then I wonder why aren't they ready for even exchanging maps ...

And please get this up your small grey area , our nation is not alive due to patriotism of 1.2 Billion , but because 4.7 Million chose to return back the favour to our motherland !

And as for poverty , this is not a relevant thread , go to economic and social section and please spare us.

Do not derail the thread !

German weapons come with a lot of strings attached..primarily why Pakistan withdrew from buying German subs earlier and went to buy Chinese.

The Pakistan Navy negotiated for the purchase of three Type 214 submarines to be built in Pakistan in 2008. During the IDEAS 2008 exhibition, the HDW chief Walter Freitag told “The commercial contract has been finalised up to 95 per cent,” he said. The first submarine would be delivered to the Pakistan Navy in 64 months after signing of the contract while the rest would be completed successively in 12 months.[5][6] After wavering for over two years Pakistan dropped the deal in favor of a new negotiation with China Shipbuilding & Offshore International Co. Ltd. for a set of submarines that have yet to be designed.[7]

German are withholding the stealth technology of non-magnetic hull used in type 212.

German weapons come with a lot of strings attached..primarily why Pakistan withdrew from buying German subs earlier and went to buy Chinese.

The Pakistan Navy negotiated for the purchase of three Type 214 submarines to be built in Pakistan in 2008. During the IDEAS 2008 exhibition, the HDW chief Walter Freitag told “The commercial contract has been finalised up to 95 per cent,” he said. The first submarine would be delivered to the Pakistan Navy in 64 months after signing of the contract while the rest would be completed successively in 12 months.[5][6] After wavering for over two years Pakistan dropped the deal in favor of a new negotiation with China Shipbuilding & Offshore International Co. Ltd. for a set of submarines that have yet to be designed.[7]

German are withholding the stealth technology of non-magnetic hull used in type 212.

There have been recent surge in relations which do favour Germany. They have been good at the deal for Towed arrays , giving TOT and production rights , further offering their Heavy weight torpedoes for our submarines . All this in last couple of years.

The concept of competition will be about who fulfills the basic minimum criteria of Navy in lowest price , as usual. And this means its virtually a TKMS/HDW vs Russia.

And extracting Type212 has been a difficult task even for SK and Turkey , both wanted that bit ended up with an export variant.

But the recent sale of 2 type 218 to Singapore which is basically a next generation Type 212 does says that Germans are more open now for selling of such systems.

Back
Top Bottom