Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
German minister commits suicide 'over coronavirus'

Web Desk

09:25 PM | 29 Mar, 2020

german-minister-commits-suicide-over-coronavirus-1585499102-8001.jpg

BERLIN – A minister in Germany's Hesse state has committed suicide apparently after becoming "deeply worried" over the economic fallout from the coronavirus, state premier Volker Bouffier said on Sunday.

Thomas Schaefer, 54, was found dead near a railway track yesterday.

The Wiesbaden prosecution's office said they believe he died by suicide.

Hesse is home to Germany's financial capital Frankfurt, where major lenders like Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank have their headquarters. The European Central Bank is also located in Frankfurt.

Like Bouffier, Schaefer belonged to Merkel's centre-right CDU party. He leaves behind a wife and two children.

The number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus in Germany has risen to 58,247 and 455 people have died of the disease, statistics from the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for infectious diseases showed on Sunday.

Sad news.

I hope stupid Pakistanis journalists don't start to quote his example for Pakistani ministers to follow.
Looking at the level they can stoop to, nothing is beyond that.
If anyone of them does that, we can kiss Pakistani journalism goodbye.

Why?
This is nothing to do with him and totally outside his control.

He should have asked for help if the pandemic was too much for him to handle.

Another victim who sadly lost his life due to Covid-19.

Why?
This is nothing to do with him and totally outside his control.

He should have asked for help if the pandemic was too much for him to handle.

Another victim who sadly lost his life due to Covid-19.

He had guilt he couldn't do more a feeling of a natural human being, as a business owner when I had to furlong some workers I felt like a failure as well, many questions come up how could I have planned better for such events, etc.

Unlike our begharat benchod politicians pointing fingers else where or taking credit for supplies like Sindh Chief Minister, etc.

Last edited:
Our politicians have very thick skin and have no shame at all so dont worry they will not do something like this.

I thought German was handling it OK. Doing the best job amount all big west country. RIP

Back
Top Bottom