What's new

GeoTV licenses suspended by PEMRA

Brother, this act is back firing actually.....first from media itself.....Aaj, Dawn, Capital....they are reporting this event with condemnation and war on media.
I have my own reason for this whole Suspend Geo dilema - infact i am of view that ARY's license should be suspended too, because this has exposed that how weak PEMRA is as a Regulating Authority - so finally we will get to see some amendments - its like strengthening the institution....Journalism/ Journalists/ Media Houses, in its current state are actually stepping the line, as if they are above the law - Talking to terrorists on live Shows, trying to negotaite with Hostage takers, trying to dictate the policy - that is not Journalism ----
so I just pray that we manage to achieve the objective by the end of this

Well I don't expect Pak- Army would have such a narrow approach and consider any victory and defeat in this matter.

Nops, just citied the complaints. Again no mention of extra licences. And perhaps someone should ask Abbasi sahib that it was during his PPP's and Musharraf's joint tenure when 5th licence (supposedly) was allowed to Geo....
Anti state activity , malign govt institution under 73 constitution (Pak Army).

Geo was going nowhere under the circumstances till this evening, infact it was being delayed so as to let thee dust settle down - so a push was needed...
now all the mullahs are on TV chanting against Geo, you retract this decision now - and you have a whole lot crap at your hand --- this is " When shit hits the fan"

Wohi mullas na jo fojion ki gardan kat-tay hain.....you people are counting on them:tsk:

Congratulations to Pakistan. This will go a long way towards strengthening the authority of PA/ISI in the society. :)

lol..
banning a channel which shows neutral views on everything is nt good... u need to have news channel which also shows the truth... but alas i know its nt possible... u will only watch what ur army and isi want u to...
good luck... there was never freedom in Pakistan be it autocratic regime or democratic .. isi and army are on the top and civilian govt. is just a puppet..

If by in large the people want what you are saying then it's democratic by definition. One cannot pick and choose what democratic/popular demand is acceptable and what is not. Neutral views? GEO was most opinionated channel out there...

So the illegal activities by "angels" to cynically manipulate public opinion continue. This should be condemned, not lauded.

Poori Qaum Ek taraf yeh Bhai jan Ek taraf her thread main dekha hay yeh Kay In ke "Dairh Eent ke Masjid" Alehda he hoti hay Sub say Bari missal F16 wali thread.

.Whatever PAMRA decides would be the thing, but prematurely politicizing the issue
it is not just PTIans but whole public has gotten sentimental over this - i blame the media houses, who propogated the news --- remember how the news was propogated about the arrest of former PM - Raja Pervaiz ashraf by TuQ....

I have my own reason for this whole Suspend Geo dilema - infact i am of view that ARY's license should be suspended too, because this has exposed that how weak PEMRA is as a Regulating Authority - so finally we will get to see some amendments - its like strengthening the institution....Journalism/ Journalists/ Media Houses, in its current state are actually stepping the line, as if they are above the law - Talking to terrorists on live Shows, trying to negotaite with Hostage takers, trying to dictate the policy - that is not Journalism ----
so I just pray that we manage to achieve the objective by the end of this

You are mixing two things.....Pemra listening the complaint made by MOD on Geo Transmission after HM Attack....it has nothing to do with Blasphamous contents show by majority channels.

A weak democracy is always pron to meddling by tough ones.
And I guess democracy was weakened by the continuous intervention of that very same institution...

lol..
banning a channel which shows neutral views on everything is nt good... u need to have news channel which also shows the truth... but alas i know its nt possible... u will only watch what ur army and isi want u to...
good luck... there was never freedom in Pakistan be it autocratic regime or democratic .. isi and army are on the top and civilian govt. is just a puppet..

I live in UK so I don't watch what my Army or ISI wants me to watch. I know bullshit when I see it. I know the propaganda against Pak Armed Forces. I wonder how you would react if some one made of dead Indian soldiers.

Back
Top Bottom