What's new

Geopolitics of Iran : caspianreport

I don't know about that, there are plenty of maps that show the name as Uygheristan. I doubt that he photoshopped it and changed the name himself.

Also, the ETIM use the name Turkestan, not Uyghuristan.

You say that he's bias, but you've yet to show credible proof.

ETIM terrorists use both those names.

He is biased, and full of crap. Show me any officially used world map by a neutral organization (like the UN) which refers to Xinjiang by the name used by ETIM terrorists.

I guess it doesn't help that ETIM is a UN-designated terrorist group as well.

Look this stuff is sensitive. Whole world is plotting against Iran, their latest tactic has been spreading separatist propaganda. Imagine somebody did the same to India, I am sure Indian members would respond in a angry fashion.

No one is plotting against Iran, except for Israel. You're just being paranoid.

I posted a similar video on India, and they didn't react nearly as bad as the Iranian members have.

I posted a similar video on India, and they didn't react nearly as bad as the Iranian members have.

what is your relation with caspian report? did you think because you found a vid you need to defend it like if it was made by your father?

ETIM terrorists use both those names.

He is biased, and full of crap. Show me any officially used world map by a neutral organization (like the UN) which refers to Xinjiang by the name used by ETIM terrorists.

I guess it doesn't help that ETIM is a UN-designated terrorist group as well.

Regardless of ETIM's status, the fact is that such maps exist. Whether or not they're official, it doesn't matter, because you're claiming that he deliberately changed the map, when you have no evidence to support your claim.

I'm not saying that he's right, but unless you can prove that he's bias, I have no choice but to believe that the map may have simply been pulled from Google and used.

That's because the idiot Caspian report did not change the map to label Indian-held Kashmir as "independent Kashmir", otherwise they would have the same reaction I'm having, you can bet on it.

Look this stuff is sensitive. Whole world is plotting against Iran, their latest tactic has been spreading separatist propaganda. Imagine somebody did the same to India, I am sure Indian members would respond in a angry fashion.
Dont know about every Indians, but there are enough Indian member who will and can engage using reason. Infact many of them will have different views about same video, some will agree, some will disagree. Thats completely normal.

I understand your 'whole world is plotting against iran' bit. I have faced same issue when being slightly critical against israel.. I was called indulging in anti-semitism behaviour.(there is historial reason for such thought)

Do reply when you get over your fear and instinctive defensive reaction.

what is your relation with caspian report? did you think because you found a vid you need to defend it like if it was made by your father?

I have no relations with him, and I'm not defending them. I'm simply pointing out that you people are over reacting on something that shouldn't make you angry. Your anger is misplaced.

You have yet to prove that he's bias and wrong, and have yet to show any form of respect to fellow members who disagree with you.

All you're doing is arguing semantics and insulting me.

Do reply when you get over your fear and instinctive defensive reaction.

I am not fearful. Just tired of seeing Azerbaijani propaganda at every turn. If you brought a report by any decent source it would have been different. Not one which refers to Iranian Azerbaijan as "South Azerbaijan" or lies about there being 25 million Azeris in Iran, heavily exaggerates separatist movements inside Iran. Puts figure of Persians at only 50%. These are only a few things I remember from the video. Good enough reply for you?

That's because the idiot Caspian report did not change the map to label Indian-held Kashmir as "independent Kashmir", otherwise they would have the same reaction I'm having, you can bet on it.

Again, he may have pulled the map off of google. I noticed that in some of his middle eastern videos, he shows maps of the west bank being a part of Jordan, and other times as an independent state and sometimes even a part of Israel.

I am not fearful. Just tired of seeing Azerbaijani propaganda at every turn. If you brought a report by any decent source it would have been different. Not one which refers to Iranian Azerbaijan as "South Azerbaijan" or lies about there being 25 million Azeris in Iran, heavily exaggerates separatist movements inside Iran. Puts figure of Persians at only 50%. These are only a few things I remember from the video. Good enough reply for you?
yes, thats good enough, if that is what you disagree about.
I know very little about iran to know he is right or wrong. And yes, may be he is biased.
Thanks for your reply.

yes, thats good enough, if that is what you disagree about.
I know very little about iran to know he is right or wrong. And yes, may be he is biased.
Thanks for your reply.

You're welcome. Sorry for seeming to be harsh, the thing I remember that the video got right was that the mountains have provided a natural defence for Iran in the past.

What an Failure of Video. Nothing but pan-Turkic bull..
This Caspian dude also trolls against China.

Didn't know who he was before this thread. Anyway it doesn't matter, he has an insignificant channel. Low number of subscribers and even lower views.

Part of being objective is saying things that people may not like. I don't like how he refers to Pakistan, but I know that he's simply presenting us with a neutral point of view, which is to say, a view from people outside of the conflict.
The problem is you don't come across as an altogether objective person yourself. Mohsen brings you conclusive proof that one of the main premises of your 'analyst's' argument is categorically wrong and unsubstantiated. And all you say is "next?".

I would imagine a person striving for objectivity would have to reevaluate the credibility or expertise of the author of that piece, once such glaring and fundamental mistakes were pointed out to him.

Same thing with the Chinese map. He tells you the guy has tampered with the map and challenges you to find a standard one that refers to that Chinese province as Uighurestan. And all you do is insist in your claims without any proof.

If you agree with the analysis or support their political slant, just say so. That's not a crime. But when you try to hide behind objectivity, while ignoring the irrefutable proof to the contrary, you become a hypocrite. And I suspect that's what Iranian members react to while dealing with you.

The problem is you don't come across as an altogether objective person yourself. Mohsen brings you conclusive proof that one of the main premises of your 'analyst's' argument is categorically wrong and unsubstantiated. And all you say is "next?".

I would imagine a person striving for objectivity would have to reevaluate the credibility or expertise of the author of that piece, once such glaring and fundamental mistakes were pointed out to him.

Same thing with the Chinese map. He tells you the guy has tampered with the map and challenges you to find a standard one that refers to that Chinese province as Uighurestan. And all you do is insist in your claims without any proof.

If you agree with the analysis or support their political slant, just say so. That's not a crime. But when you try to hide behind objectivity, while ignoring the irrefutable proof to the contrary, you become a hypocrite. And I suspect that's what Iranian members react to while dealing with you.

See, that's where you're wrong. It is not the main premise of any one of the videos, it is only a point. Getting one point wrong does not automatically invalidate the entire argument. Saying that 90% of the video is wrong and only pointing out one piece of footage that is invalid does not equal 90%.

I am asking for proof that the map is altered by him. He's the one who made the claim, thus the burden of proof is on him. If he brings me the original map that he altered, then I'll believe him. The burden of proof is on the crown, not the defence.

I'm not hiding behind anything, on the contrary, I've never claimed on this thread that I'm being objective at all. I'm stating that the person in the video is bringing in an objective opinion.

You, like them, are supporting an argument that relies heavily on manipulation of original intent. There is no evidence that the author purposefully was acting against Iran (China too) and was promoting a separatist ideal, nor is there proof of his ill intent towards Iran (and China).

To present such an assumption without proving basic intent is foolish, nothing more and nothing less.

Back
Top Bottom