What's new

Geopolitics of ASEAN+ region

Yeah, it's no use to be hostile to religious, just like in VN, we're welcome Buddhism, Muslim etc. The Christian did the bad thing to our country , they helped France, US to invade VN, so they're strictly under monitored to make sure that they can't help the West to invade us again.

\If SoKo can go for Nuke, then Japan will also can, so does to Iran and many more nations, I don't think US-Russia-China will allow Soko or Japan to do that.

At least US will fall in ASEAN region, as you know, Russia will have a new military base in VN soon, and it gives a big threat to oil-food supply route to Guam (Guam buy oil-food from Singapore-Malaysia). We don't like US, so with the help from Russia, we soon will kick it out of ASEAN region and cut off its supply to Guam. When US has to abandon Guam due to lack of oil and food supply, then it can help Soko and Japan too.

Very good to see that Vietnam is not hostile to religion like Buddhism and Muslim. Christianity has been used for imperial domination by Euro origin countries, they will continue to use it.

SoKo going for Nuke will take time, when they do, Japan will also go for it. It may happen when NoKo gets its nuke delivery rockets, but it may not. And you are right once SoKo and Japan get nukes, US will have to leave the region. But they will try to stay as long as possible.

But not sure if Russia will pick a fight with US over Guam or Vietnam, at this stage.

So, Don't invest to my country, and we will capture your merchant ships,oil tankers passing by our EEZ for ransom

Are you threatening China you little monkey? We are now scared that you will be pointing your gun at us :)

Are you threatening China you little monkey? We are now scared that you will be pointing your gun at us :)
defeat China army is as easy as eating soup. Even our women militia also could push 'well trained in barking' PLA back to their barren and polluted soil after few weeks in 1979 :meeting:

cross posted from another thread:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...-seeks-defence-ties-asean-15.html#post4095877

Japan will never become a vassal state of China, if that is what you mean, the way it became an occupied nation by the US, after its defeat in WW II and remained dependent on the US for its security needs. You have to admit this is a very unnatural situation in the first place and must change to bring back more sovereignty and independence for Japan. The world has changed since the end of WW II and the cold war era. Change is the only constant in geopolitics.

Having US bases in Japan and South Korea is problematic for many reasons. These bases are not just presence of US troops, missile and air bases, they are also creating dynamics within politics of these two countries that may not be in the long term interest of these two countries. Both Japanese and South Koreans are quite aware of the negative effects of the presence of these bases and are looking for ways to remove these bases after they find alternative ways to ensure their security needs without US presence, as far as I know.

China, as it rises economically and militarily, is also getting increasingly uncomfortable about these bases. We cannot blame the Chinese, the US did not like Russia putting missile bases in Cuba. The situation is not analogous, but the distance is about the same. You get the point. So China also sees that removal of these bases as a national geo-strategic goal.

So here we see that the goals of the three countries population match, all of them eventually want removal of these US bases. But the stumbling block is how Japanese and South Korea can ensure their security against the threat of a rising China.

What I argue is that a rising and more developed ASEAN presents an opportunity for these 3 East Asian powers to creatively use ASEAN to reduce the need for the US presence. Once ASEAN is fully developed and integrated in a partnership with these 3 East Asian countries, then the US presence may become irrelevant.

Question is why should China allow a hostile alliance such as an ASEAN+2 (Japan and SoKo) form around its own Southern and eastern borders. The answer is that it does not have to be a hostile alliance, it can be a friendly alliance (Frenemy if you will), which may become a bulwark against any possible Chinese aggression, but will ally with China on the global scene under the SCO umbrella, just like Russia and former Soviet states do in SCO.

I think it is also in US interest, if local countries can solve their problems locally and it does not have to worry about protecting far away ally's, when they have their hands full with NATO and other obligations in South America, Mid-east and Africa.

I call this a Unite and Empower paradigm following New Regionalism Approach, rather than the old divide and rule paradigm. I describe it in detail here:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/164048-kalu_miahs-new-world-order-road-map-future.html

By unification, I actually meant Korean unification, through a peaceful Sunshine policy, pioneered by Kim Dae Jung:
Sunshine Policy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think you have a lot of experience in these countries. I have some experience with Koreans and Korea as well. Koreans detest the Japanese occupation of 35 years. It was worse than the centuries long existence they had as a Vassal state of the Chinese empires since Silla joined hand with Tang to defeat Beakje and Goguryeo. So there is no question of the Koreans unifying with the Japanese, but I believe they will not mind to partner with Japan in a ASEAN+2 and work with Chinese to integrate ASEAN and make it into a developed region. As it is there is already a lot of Korean and Japanese investments in these countries (ASEAN). Chinese investments have also started to flow in recent years.

The big question is whether Chinese polit buro will see the merit in such an approach, or they will consider it too risky. As for your comment that "Chinese polituro have to be crazy to want to see a country closer to him get stronger......", both Japan and South Korea are already developed countries and the clock cannot be turned backwards. Its only a matter of time that they will grow their own defense muscle, once they move away from US dependence. So Chinese politburo may not have a choice on this matter, rather they would have to seek ways to find the most advantageous position for China in this affair, with cooperation rather than confrontation, so eventually Japan and a unified Korea and ASEAN+2 moves towards SCO and away from US dependence.

_54145268__48951920_south_china-sea_1_466-1.gif

I'm a bit surprised to see China claiming so much sea territory. I wonder what the boundaries are in practice.

cross posted:

It is good to see some Indonesians active here, so we can finally have some POV from Indonesian perspective. I wish we could see some Japanese and "authentic" Korean voices as well.

As many posters may recall from previous discussions, I beg to differ that ASEAN should be wary of getting involved with these regional issues. In my opinion, both Japan and Indonesia are missing the opportunity to forge a closer tie using these conflicts as opportunities.

The spoiler in this region is the outside balancer, the US. The goal of all Asians should be to eventually oust the outsider including all its bases. For that to happen, we need balance and that balance can only be achieved if Japan and South Korea formally joins ASEAN (creating ASEAN+2) with a green signal from China, with the understanding that if and when this ASEAN+2 is a viable security guarantee for both Japan and South Korea, then US bases from both Japan and Korea will be asked to move out.

China is not in a position to create a unified ASEAN+3, that simply does not sound feasible. It will not be good for China, nor will it be good or acceptable for the rest. China has bigger fishes to fry and bigger problems to worry about. ASEAN+2, with China's blessing would be of greatest benefit for the peace, stability and development of the region.

For Asia, China is obviously becoming the leading nation. Asian landmass can be roughly cut into 4 regions with a cross. There is China sitting in Northeast (quadrant I) and India sitting in Southwest (quadrant III). These two regions are already integrated into 2 nation states. The challenge for China and all of Asia is to avoid conflicts breaking out between these 4 corners/quadrants, within the 2 divided corners (quadrants II and IV) and also to integrate the divided corners:

example-2.gif

The North West: Russia, Central Asia and Middle-East (quadrant II)
The South East: ASEAN+2 and few other countries (quadrant IV)

I believe it is time for Japan and Indonesia to make some bold moves and take the lead, then other middle tier countries like South Korea, Vietnam and Philippines will follow. If the current crop of leadership in China do not understand their long term benefit from these regional moves, I believe the future generation leadership will.

cross posted:

It is good to see some Indonesians active here, so we can finally have some POV from Indonesian perspective. I wish we could see some Japanese and "authentic" Korean voices as well.

As many posters may recall from previous discussions, I beg to differ that ASEAN should be wary of getting involved with these regional issues. In my opinion, both Japan and Indonesia are missing the opportunity to forge a closer tie using these conflicts as opportunities.

The spoiler in this region is the outside balancer, the US. The goal of all Asians should be to eventually oust the outsider including all its bases. For that to happen, we need balance and that balance can only be achieved if Japan and South Korea formally joins ASEAN (creating ASEAN+2) with a green signal from China, with the understanding that if and when this ASEAN+2 is a viable security guarantee for both Japan and South Korea, then US bases from both Japan and Korea will be asked to move out.

China is not in a position to create a unified ASEAN+3, that simply does not sound feasible. It will not be good for China, nor will it be good or acceptable for the rest. China has bigger fishes to fry and bigger problems to worry about. ASEAN+2, with China's blessing would be of greatest benefit for the peace, stability and development of the region.

For Asia, China is obviously becoming the leading nation. Asian landmass can be roughly cut into 4 regions with a cross. There is China sitting in Northeast (quadrant I) and India sitting in Southwest (quadrant III). These two regions are already integrated into 2 nation states. The challenge for China and all of Asia is to avoid conflicts breaking out between these 4 corners/quadrants, within the 2 divided corners (quadrants II and IV) and also to integrate the divided corners:

example-2.gif

The North West: Russia, Central Asia and Middle-East (quadrant II)
The South East: ASEAN+2 and few other countries (quadrant IV)

I believe it is time for Japan and Indonesia to make some bold moves and take the lead, then other middle tier countries like South Korea, Vietnam and Philippines will follow. If the current crop of leadership in China do not understand their long term benefit from these regional moves, I believe the future generation leadership will.

Kalu, please summarize the large systems hypothesis, as I did not read this comment.

As for you theory on Human behaviour, I partially disagree. I do not believe that it is innate Human behavior to continue conflict, for one reason or another, especially as virtually all fully developed nations have citizens that are largely passive and uninterested in conflict. Only the US seems to have bucked the trend, but today most Americans want nothing to do with even potentially threatening countries (like North Korea, which I would have called for a full military invasion to unite the two peoples').

So I don't really agree. And as for your hypothesis on the lack of development of non-Western peoples (excepting Japan), I disagree as well. Korea has had issues with many different countries attempting to exert influence and create puppet states, yet S. Korea has come out fine.

I think that the differences are largely (though not entirely) genetic. If you take IQ's to be good indicators of intelligence (which most of the scientific community does) then it becomes clear that there are differences in intelligence. The argument is how much of this IQ-gap (as they call it) is due to the environment and how much is due to the genes.

There are many studies that more-or-less prove that the differences between groups within the same country are (almost) entirely genetic, and differences between nations the same (though less so).

Kalu, please summarize the large systems hypothesis, as I did not read this comment.

As for you theory on Human behaviour, I partially disagree. I do not believe that it is innate Human behavior to continue conflict, for one reason or another, especially as virtually all fully developed nations have citizens that are largely passive and uninterested in conflict. Only the US seems to have bucked the trend, but today most Americans want nothing to do with even potentially threatening countries (like North Korea, which I would have called for a full military invasion to unite the two peoples').

So I don't really agree. And as for your hypothesis on the lack of development of non-Western peoples (excepting Japan), I disagree as well. Korea has had issues with many different countries attempting to exert influence and create puppet states, yet S. Korea has come out fine.

I think that the differences are largely (though not entirely) genetic. If you take IQ's to be good indicators of intelligence (which most of the scientific community does) then it becomes clear that there are differences in intelligence. The argument is how much of this IQ-gap (as they call it) is due to the environment and how much is due to the genes.

There are many studies that more-or-less prove that the differences between groups within the same country are (almost) entirely genetic, and differences between nations the same (though less so).

I will summarize both of my theories, as they are related:

1. Theory of Historical Continuity: Human societies or civilizations when they reach a certain size constantly adapt and reinvent themselves, due to internal reorganization and external influence. The longer a society is left intact without too much external interference, the more they can achieve a high degree of internal cohesion and as a result are able to adapt to changing circumstances more quickly and efficiently, as compared to a society that has been the victim of external aggression and forced transformation. In other words, relatively untouched societies retain some competitive edge over societies that were victims of invasion and brutal subjugation.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...ld-order-road-map-future-8.html#ixzz2XL73Rpaz

2. Theory of Large Systems: A larger human social entity usually will win when in competition with a smaller one, provided that they have similar level of integration and homogeneous population (derived from their Historical Continuity) and equal mastery of science and technology.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...ld-order-road-map-future-8.html#ixzz2XL7WbSYj

A 3rd theory is possible about genetic potential of groups of people such as families, clans and nations, as one of the factors, like the above two, that determines competitive edge of nations, which you have embarked upon in a thread now with discussions about the relationship between IQ and genes. I briefly referred to the same study that you posted in OP of that thread with a more recent version. But I kind of avoid this subject, because belief's about genetic potential can be used by people to accuse someone of scientific racism:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence

It can destroy career, because it goes against the established politically correct set of scientific beliefs prevailing in the Western countries.
An ongoing example:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...3ffeba-de58-11e2-a33d-86217a564f01_story.html

So it is a kind of "Taboo" subject. But I am well aware that many people in East Asia, specially South Korea, Japan and China (Taiwan, Singapore and more recently mainland) have a natural tendency to have strong inclinations towards this 3rd theory and to justify their success using this theory. I guess the proof will only become apparent when we see East Asia, specially China reigning supreme as the top super power of the world, hopefully in a few decades.

So, if the 3rd theory becomes finally established, regardless of the taboo of political correctedness associated with it, then we may see a rush of eugenic projects where people from other nations will either be interested in marriage with the more intelligent high IQ nations to gain that "superior" genetic material, starting with the elite, or introduce the "superior" genes in their population through donor sperms or eggs, or just create designer genes with the relevant "IQ" or other parts added from the "desirable" population. So genetic makeup of nations can be changed and I believe will be changed at will, once it is known that it creates competitive edge. Another related interesting idea to look at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterosis

This however, still will not serve to diminish or negate the importance of theories 1 and 2, in my opinion. On the contrary, the 3rd theory can be used to organize neighbor and regional nations in a regional union, so that there can be natural hierarchy and division of labor among the different nations of a particular regional union. As an example, a unified Korea and Japan can together be in the leading position of ASEAN+, if it ever takes shape, which is relevant to the subject of this thread.

I do not think East Asian Union (Japan + Korea + China) is possible, since Japan and Korea would avoid being dominated by a much larger China with the potential risk of getting absorbed and assimilated in China. Every nation treasures its own cultural continuity for their own survival as pointed out in theory 1.

@kalu_miah, what do you think of a presence of an american naval base in Bangladesh or atleast acsa?

Last edited by a moderator:
@kalu_miah, what do you think of a presence of an american naval base in Bangladesh or atleast acsa?

I think a US base will not happen because neither the US or Bangladesh is interested to have it, as there is no significant benefit to either parties.

ACSA:
Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

US has ACSA contract with 76 countries, basically its for logistics, not a security treaty of any kind, that could make war a binding obligation. But I do not see why US would need any logistics passing through Bangladesh, so no possibility for this either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a US base will not happen because neither the US or Bangladesh is interested to have it, as there is no significant benefit to either parties.

ACSA:
Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

US has ACSA contract with 76 countries, basically its for logistics, not a security treaty of any kind, that could make war a binding obligation. But I do not see why US would need any logistics passing through Bangladesh, so no possibility for this either.

World Insight Essay Series: United States Naval Base in Bangladesh, A Review
April 10, 2013 by AIDemocracy Leave a Comment

A timely perspective by Arafat Kabir, contributing author, on the implications of the United States’ naval presence in East Asia.

No sooner had Secretary of State Hilary Clinton departed Dhaka earlier this year, than an influential Indian newspaper claimed that the United States is planning to set up its SeventhFleet headquarters in Chittagong, Bangladesh. The momentum of this news’ rapid spread is easy to imagine in the region where tensions are already running high. The State Department and Bangladesh’s foreign ministry promptly denied any such joint endeavor, however it has been reflected several times in the voice of American envoys in Dhaka. Notwithstanding either country’s denial, the later events that took place both in Dhaka and Washington are undeniably thought provoking.

Indeed, Dhaka had never hosted a number of top-ranked US naval officers in close succession until the news was made public. According to analysts, it is a commencement of laying the foundation necessary to outline a formal treaty. Not surprisingly, neither party has ruled out any such military cohesiveness. The recurrence of their denial appears to be implausible until an erudite politician and member of the current ruling party confessed otherwise. “The US in exerting momentous pressure on Bangladesh to become a part of its strategic partner in the Asia Pacific”, he told in an interview last month. So, now the question remains; is the United States seeking bases in Bangladesh? If so, why, or how will they approach? What is the alternative?

U.S. SeventhFleet:

The Seventh Fleet’s area of responsibility encompasses more than 48 million square miles; from the Kuril Islands in the north to the Antarctic in the south, and from the International Date Line to the 68th Meridian east, running down from the India-Pakistan border. At any given time, there are 60-70 ships, 120-300 aircraft and 40,000 Navy and Marine Corps personnel assigned to the fleet.

US presence in Bangladesh – necessity or absurdity?:

Two of the most important enhancements of the latest Quadrennial Defense Review Report (QDR) were published by Department of Defense (DoD) in 2010. They can be used to draw the premise of future US military presence in Bangladesh by expanding future long-range strike capabilities; and enhancing the presence and responsiveness of U.S. forces abroad.

However these directives outlined in QDR do not suggest any country which could be a future ally. If the U.S needs to dispatch its air strike forces (with its New Generation Bomber- NGB) in order to halt targets either in Iran or China, distance serves as a huge curtailment. The distance between Guam’s Andersen Air Force Base (AFB) and the Chinese capital of Beijing, is approximately 2,200 miles. In addition, the Chinese ballistic missile launch pads in Delingha are 70 miles west of Beijing. In order to drop a bomb on Iranian Nuclear facilities at Natanz, a B-2 bomber plane would need to travel at least 2,700 miles from the US air base of Diego Garcia. Launching US aircrafts from Chittagong would thus prove far more advantageous than their present launching site. In this case, the only impediment is a green light from the government. Even if India rejects an American request to use its airspace, the U.S. would be trespassing over the Indian border while launching an assault from Chittagong to China by deploying its super stealth jets.

Currently the Chinese Anti- Access or Area Denial (A2\AD) installations are denser towards the South China Sea coastal line than those on the the Bay of Bengal. Even the world’s first ever anti-ship ballistic missile developed by China known as DF-21D, relies on a chain of land based networks of installations that can be countered by the U.S. A special kind of radar named Over-the-Horizon Radar, which is used to detect ships can be jammed, malfunction, and ultimately destroyed. A new and complex network of infrastructure would be needed to make the whole system work precisely. This ambitious DF-21D system requires lethal precision to detect ships, process the data and communicate before it fires the missile.

Above all, the greatest advantage that the base in Chittagong can provide is to significantly shorten the NGB’s refueling time to increase its effectiveness. An aircraft’s true operational “reach” is defined by several different factors other than its mere combat radius. Combining aerial refueling with standoff weapons can extend an aircraft’s effective strike radius commendably. For instance, an aircraft with a 2,500 mile combat radius (or a total of 5,000 miles between aerial refueling) could reach any target in China. Extending this example, the Congressional Budget Office concluded that a future bomber with a 2,000–2,500 mile combat radius, refueled prior to combat, “would fully cover all countries” in the world.

Thus, a base in Bangladesh will help the United States broaden as well strengthen its power projectile while also fortifying the Obama administration’s position of “Containing China.” A new base in the Bay of Bengal will not only contain Chinese militarily but also have an impact economically. The Bay of Bengal is used to transport most of Japan’s imported petroleum; an American presence will push off any Chinese intention to threaten this route. Furthermore, the Bay of Bengal is assumed to be abundant in many natural resources. Several U.S. companies have already began working with Bangladesh offshore and have been planning to extend its operation in Myanmar. An incipient entente between the US and Myanmar sends China the message that the U.S. will offer no concession in sharing the resources located within the Bay of Bengal. An American naval base has potential to be the ultimate outcome of this long term strategy.

The unavoidable impediments and solutions:

First and foremost the U.S. must use each and every opportunity to win the support and confidence of the Bangladeshi people. The U.S. could utilize existing channels in society to relay its message. For example parties like liberal intellectual circles, the media, businessmen and representatives from different walks of life with a view to defending the aim and operational functionality of an American base. In this regard, the toughest task will be to appeal to the Bangladeshi political parties opposed to the installation of a base. The U.S. would be most effective by capitalizing the points where there are converging security interests. It would also be wise to guarantee Bangladesh that it will safeguard and respect its coastal sovereignty, and vow to help it practice good governance and democracy. Foreseeable requests on the Bengladeshi side include duty free access to its largest exporting good, ready-made garment. This fits with the likelihood that Bangladesh will ask that the U.S. exponentially increase its Foreign Direct Investment (FDI). Above all, the U.S. should offer Bangladesh a complete package of benevolent assistance extending from military to education, to trade, to the re-opening of Diversity Visas (Dvs) availability.

In addition to the challenges the U.S. will face politically in Bangladesh, appeasing India’s apprehension will be perhaps the most daunting of tasks. The present rapprochement between the two partner countries does not win the U.S. India’s assent. The U.S will seek India’s support for using its military and strategic installations off the Indian coast. Notwithstanding its shared interest in limiting Chinese influence in South Asia, India is better served to counter it autonomously. Being monitored by and American fleet floating nearby far exceeds the current relationship of developing weaponry. India is now seen to be in the race to become a commendable superpower by 2030. Thus, the US will be operating within a tremendously critical, regional balance of power equation before it can progress with its plan for base.

Alternative location:

All of this begs the question of what a feasible and appealing alternate location in South Asia will look like, should the Chittagong Port in Bangladesh be unsupported. One possibility is Myanmar’s Akiyab Port on the Bay of Bengal. The pace of lifting economic sanctions on Myanmar was accelerated when Secretary Clinton returned to the U.S. following her Asian tour that also included Dhaka. The American move to reward Myanmar with several “life-saving” incentives has been labeled quite hasty by many. Among the challengers is the Myanmarese opposition leader and Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi, who is afraid that the current ruling party may have subsequently received more credit than it actually deserves. Although human rights have always been a flagship issue in American foreign policy, the U.S. has not utilized its typically strong rhetoric on these issues recently. One such instance includes a recent clash between Buddhists and the Muslim minority group of Rohingya, alleged by some to have been government sponsored and aimed at ethnically cleansing Myanmar. Similar clashes have continued to have been reported after U.S. President Barack Obama’s unprecedented state visit to Myanmar. Such an American indolence to appropriately warn Myanmar over its intermittent violation of human rights has caused some to speculate that the United States may have further plans to utilize Myanmar to build a strategic shield in this region led by the U.S. Pacific Command (PACOM)

Based on this it seems likely that either Chittagong or Akiyab or another naval port in Myanmar is an option being debated at PACOM. It can be conclude that China appears will provide the same deterrence to this as India serves in the case of Bangladesh. However, present situation implies that Myanmar is more interested in rebuilding a warm relationship with western powers than pandering to the issues dominant in its relations with China. Especially with the emerging tensions between North and South Korea, it is the U.S. which appears eager to be the vanguard of global security in South Asia. These diverse and interwoven situations will leave the U.S. to ponder its navigation toward a collaborative approach to regional stability.

http://www.aidemocracy.org/students...ted-states-naval-base-in-bangladesh-a-review/

The report above was written by some Arafat Kabir, I am guessing a Bangladeshi. Major flaws with his reasoning:

- a US base in Bangladesh or Myanmar will not be acceptable to either China or India, for both it will be too much of an unnecessary provocative step by the US
- US pivot to Asia may be a serious effort, but creating a base this close to soft underbelly of India or China would be too big a move and the geopolitical situation in the neighborhood does not warrant it for the US to spend the time, resource and diplomatic capital

So it sounds more like a wishful thinking by a Bangladeshi. We would have to see some official news from any US govt. news source or some govt. affiliated policy think tank to take this idea seriously.

Instead what the US could do is look at ASEAN+ as a model for creating a US allied security alliance, that could work to contain both China and India and limit their influence in ASEAN+ region.

Eventually ASEAN+ could conveniently ditch the US, when China starts winning the war of supremacy on the global arena. That would also be an appropriate time to liberate South Tibet as well.

But the US/EU do not believe that the above reality would ever come into reality, so they will not worry about this eventuality.

Actually, Hindustan is a nonissue, since they themselves are a US lapdog.

The problem is that a US base will not be acceptable to Bangladeshis (talking about 160 million Bangladeshis+ most of 9 million overseas expatriates), not some Bangladeshis living in Western countries and toeing the Western line to appease them.

Also, kalu_bhai, another request, do not ever use Wikipedia. You only ruin your reputation by using Wikipedia. It's meant for low IQ beings that consume no iodized salt as a source or reference.

Otherwise, even though there are major disagreements with you on some points (e.g. your pandering to Westerners - probably because you live in the West, and so you are probably afraid of their governments snooping on you, and picking you up some night), I think, compared to the low IQ non-iodized salt consuming population from the world's worst humanitarian crises afflicted fake "country', your posts are very insightful.

Keep going kalu_bhai. Try to bear some of my advice in mind, if possible. The choice is ultimately yours.

Actually, Hindustan is a nonissue, since they themselves are a US lapdog.

The problem is that a US base will not be acceptable to Bangladeshis (talking about 160 million Bangladeshis+ most of 9 million overseas expatriates), not some Bangladeshis living in Western countries and toeing the Western line to appease them.

Also, kalu_bhai, another request, do not ever use Wikipedia. You only ruin your reputation by using Wikipedia. It's meant for low IQ beings that consume no iodized salt as a source or reference.

Otherwise, even though there are major disagreements with you on some points (e.g. your pandering to Westerners - probably because you live in the West, and so you are probably afraid of their governments snooping on you, and picking you up some night), I think, compared to the low IQ non-iodized salt consuming population from the world's worst humanitarian crises afflicted fake "country', your posts are very insightful.

Keep going kalu_bhai. Try to bear some of my advice in mind, if possible. The choice is ultimately yours.

The Bangladeshi mentality can be changed within 6 months using mass media......thats not an issue. I work with a major advertising agency. If Awami League can cover the slaughter at shapla chattar, this is a joke. Even BAL wouldn't oppose a base.

Not sure what you mean.

Mass media has major impact, true, but that's why almost nobody in Bangladesh nowadays trusts mass media. Even in BAL sponsored media, apparently politically non-involved columnists are saying that nobody believes BAL media.

http://www.kalerkantho.com/print_edition/index.php?view=details&type=gold&data=news&pub_no=1283&cat_id=2&menu_id=20&news_type_id=1&news_id=358870&archiev=yes&arch_date=24-06-2013#.UcuIoztHLKg

গণতন্ত্রে ভিন্নমত প্রকাশের স্বাধীনতা হলো একটি অত্যাবশ্যকীয় উপাদান। আওয়ামী লীগ নেতাদের কাছে ভিন্নমত যেন অসত্য। দেশের মানুষের স্বাধীনভাবে মত প্রকাশের অধিকারটুকু যেন হারিয়ে যাচ্ছে। ভিন্ন মতের কাগজ বন্ধ করে দেওয়া হচ্ছে। ভিন্ন মতের টিভি চ্যানেলেরও একই অবস্থা। কেউ জানে না দিগন্ত আর ইসলামিক টিভি বন্ধ কেন। দেশে এত সব টিভি চ্যানেল চালু আছে, অথচ চালু নেই দিগন্ত আর ইসলামিক টিভি। অথচ এই দুই টিভি চ্যানেলের দোষ কী সেটা সরকার কোনোদিন ব্যাখ্যা করেনি। এখন দেশের প্রায় সংবাদমাধ্যম ও টিভি চ্যানেলই এক ধরনের সরকারপন্থী। ফল হয়েছে এসব চ্যানেল যা কিছু বলে, লোকে ঠিক যেন উল্টোটাই বোঝে।

Around 33 million Bangladeshis use the internet today, in one way or the other, and many more can be reached by the internet.

What do you mean by BAL "can cover the slaughter at shapla chattar (water lily square)..."? Not sure what you mean by this statement, but people don't take BAL media seriously nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom