What's new

Geo TV calling Bangladesh as "minnow" and says Pak "crushed" Bangladesh.

Was these right words used by Geo TV..???

• Yes

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Bangalis deserve this

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No, Geo TV is hypocrite

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeric

RETIRED THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
http://www.geo.tv/home/16532.htm

Pakistan crush Bangladesh by 152 runs in 1st ODI

Tuesday, April 08, 2008
LAHORE: Pakistan won their first One-day International of the five-match series by a big margin of 152 runs against minnows Bangladesh here at the Gaddafi Stadium on Tuesday.

After winning the toss, Pakistan elected to bat but they lost three wickets for 70 runs.
However, they compiled the huge total with the help of a fine undefeated hundred by veteran batsman Mohammad Yousuf, who was well supported by captain Shoaib Malik, aggressive Shahid Afridi and stylish Misbah-ul-Haq.

Yousuf scored an unbeaten 108 with the help of 11 boundaries while Malik made 85. They were involved in a fine fourth wicket stand of 145 runs.

Other scorers were Misbah (38), Salman Butt (33), Afridi (27 not out) and Nasir Jamshed (20).

Bangladeshi pace bowlers Moshraf Mortuza and Farhad Raza claimed two wickets each.

Facing an uphill task of achieving the improbable target of 323 runs in the allotted 50 overs, Bangladesh could not resist the accurate bowling from Pakistan’s pacers and spinners.

Bangladesh's target was reduced to 282, after a power failure had forced the teams to go off the field, but it didn't matter after the middle order crumbled without a trace of a fight.

Except tail-ender Mashrafe Mortaza (25) and opener Shahryar Nafees (24) no other batsman batted well and the whole team was shot out for 129 runs including 20 runs of extras.

Pacer Sohail Tanvir and leg-spinner Shahid Afridi captured three wickets each for 29 and 41, respectively while Iftikhar Anjum claimed two wickets for 16 and Shoaib Malik took one wicket for 19 runs. :blah::blah:

Someone should ask Geo why it is calling Bangladesh as "minnow" and why to say Pakistan has "crushed" Bangladesh..?? this same thing can be said in a polite manner... are they again trying to sow the seed of hatered :sniper: ....???!!!!! :tsk::tsk: :cry::cry:

http://www.geo.tv/home/16532.htm
Pakistan crush Bangladesh by 152 runs in 1st ODI

Tuesday, April 08, 2008
LAHORE: Pakistan won their first One-day International of the five-match series by a big margin of 152 runs against minnows Bangladesh here at the Gaddafi Stadium on Tuesday.

After winning the toss, Pakistan elected to bat but they lost three wickets for 70 runs.
However, they compiled the huge total with the help of a fine undefeated hundred by veteran batsman Mohammad Yousuf, who was well supported by captain Shoaib Malik, aggressive Shahid Afridi and stylish Misbah-ul-Haq.

Yousuf scored an unbeaten 108 with the help of 11 boundaries while Malik made 85. They were involved in a fine fourth wicket stand of 145 runs.

Other scorers were Misbah (38), Salman Butt (33), Afridi (27 not out) and Nasir Jamshed (20).

Bangladeshi pace bowlers Moshraf Mortuza and Farhad Raza claimed two wickets each.

Facing an uphill task of achieving the improbable target of 323 runs in the allotted 50 overs, Bangladesh could not resist the accurate bowling from Pakistan’s pacers and spinners.

Bangladesh's target was reduced to 282, after a power failure had forced the teams to go off the field, but it didn't matter after the middle order crumbled without a trace of a fight.

Except tail-ender Mashrafe Mortaza (25) and opener Shahryar Nafees (24) no other batsman batted well and the whole team was shot out for 129 runs including 20 runs of extras.

Pacer Sohail Tanvir and leg-spinner Shahid Afridi captured three wickets each for 29 and 41, respectively while Iftikhar Anjum claimed two wickets for 16 and Shoaib Malik took one wicket for 19 runs. :blah::blah:

Someone should ask Geo why it is calling Bangladesh as minnow and why to say Pakistan has "crushed" Bangladesh..?? this same thing can be said in a polite manner... are they again trying to sow the seed of hatered :sniper: ..???!!!!! :tsk::tsk: :cry::cry:

Yes! Actually we should thank Bangladesh that they visited Pakistan when India and Australia refused to do so. They have showed their support and I think it is a bad move by GEO TV and they should apologize b/c these comments are harmful for the developing relations with our brother Country.

yes u r absulotely right even west indies has refused to visit Pakistan amid the security issues...but i duno when these stupid ppl will understand this..thnx for ur comments buddy...

Dude as I was saying, these words are okay in sporting encounters.

I bet nobody will make a noise if "Pakistan crushes England" or if "Pakistan beats minnows Kenya".

yes u r absulotely right even west indies has refused to visit Pakistan amid the security issues...but i duno when these stupid ppl will understand this..thnx for ur comments buddy...

West Indies refused to come because of their commitments in Canada. Nothing to do with the security concerns. For your information New Zealand is soon to pay a visit before the Champions Trophy.

As far as the issue in the hand is concerned. It is the cricket terminology in which such comments are acceptable. Bangladeshi team has acknowledged the support, people of Pakistan has given them, and we are thankful to the their team in return.

hmmm
i forgot the site where i read this news tht west indies refused coz of the security concerns....i will try to find it again n let u knw ...the headline was sorta.."Another Blow to PCC as West Indies Refuse to come to Pakistan" and in details it mentioned the same reason

i can understand this dear...it may b ok to use these phrases in sport encounters....but my point of concern is one should b absolutely careful to use these words agianst our "owns"...espacailly in todays era when youtube and other stuff is so common, stupid ppl will start posting the match clips with stupid remrks which will further do bad...i m in usa now...i got some remarks on this news therefore it compled me to post this thread..i hope u understand

Yaar its just the bloody newspapers articles which need more words to spice up their story. I believe you that you have read it.

And yes it was a good observation. I hope especially our journalists will look into it.

wht do u think of west indies tour to pak tht was cancelled...???

Are you kidding me? Words like these are used all the time in sports media.. and Pakistan DID crush Bangladesh, look at the score! I'm not a big fan of GEO at all but I don't think anyone is trying to "sow seeds of hatred" with Bangladesh..

May be Geo is mad that they didn't get the rights to show these games.

u guys make a mountain out of a molehill. Maybe some one does not like Geo because they were rightly crictical of Gen M ?

I don't understand the problem here. In the world of cricket, Bangladesh is in fact a "minnow" who was "crushed" by Pakistan in this makeshift series. On a side note, does anyone know what the viewership for this series was, and if it was a profitable venture for the PCB?

its bad words for our muslim brothers .they come for play not war.geo must aplogize now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom