What's new

General Qassem Soleimani and possible Iranian troops seen in Syria

Please notify me when exactly Pakistan sent over its military into Afghanistan?

Oh, I see.

And what was "strategic depth in Afghanistan" all about? Cooking chocolate cookies in Pakistan and spreading it in Afghanistan? That is too many -istans in one sentence.

I implied to you once before on another thread, that such "holier than thou" attitude will take you to nowhere-istan.

Iran has to protect itself against Takfiris. Whether be they in Syria or in Iran itself. If you are standing with Takfiris, Iran should be your last concern. It would be nicer if you shared your concern for the health of Takfiris with PAF and NLI units of Pakistan army who are busy dispatching Takfiris to nowhere-istan, day and night since the past few years.

What is good for goose is good for gander.

Or,

You can not have it both ways.

@Horus

Although this is a complex situation but at the end of day the question is simple. Is Asad government best for Syria. In answering that question we must avoid looking through the sectatian prism which is a bane of the Muslim world.

In my opinion he is the least worse of the options available. What else? Isil? The question is if Asad goes are the alternatives better? A Turkish member here suggested that are alternatives other than ISIL. I am not too sure. Whatever can be said the situation in Syria prior to this conflict was darn sight better then now and Syria enjoyed respectable economic and social indicators. All that has been shot to pieces now.

I must admit I find myself between a hard thing and a rock as I find it hard to chart a way through two differant peoples for whom I have enormous respect who unfortunately hold diametric polar positions. Turks and Iranians.

And I have a gut feeling that all this Syria thing was a external project by certain powers who want to dismantle the last hostile country toward Isreal. Once Asad goes Isreal can have a party. No more Gaddafi, no more Saddam, no more Asad. what is left is all part of the Isreali battle order.

Saeen its even more simple, the reason why Syria is burning has everything to do with external actors, all of them.

@Horus

Although this is a complex situation but at the end of day the question is simple. Is Asad government best for Syria. In answering that question we must avoid looking through the sectatian prism which is a bane of the Muslim world.

In my opinion he is the least worse of the options available. What else? Isil? The question is if Asad goes are the alternatives better? A Turkish member here suggested that are alternatives other than ISIL. I am not too sure. Whatever can be said the situation in Syria prior to this conflict was darn sight better then now and Syria enjoyed respectable economic and social indicators. All that has been shot to pieces now.

I must admit I find myself between a hard thing and a rock as I find it hard to chart a way through two differant peoples for whom I have enormous respect who unfortunately hold diametric polar positions. Turks and Iranians.

He was talking about history.

What's wrong in sending military to Afghanistan? Its an enemy state... right next to our borders?

@Horus

So... how Asad being better alternative justify Iranian troops butchering non compliant Syrians!... leave aside the general sulemani's rise to occasion.

Please notify me when exactly Pakistan sent over its military into Afghanistan?

Please don't split words here. We are not children. You know exactly what I am talking about when I say "strategic depth" and Afghanistan in one sentence or when I refer to the work being done by NLI, SSG and PAF INSIDE Pakistan itself.

Did you note the profuse use of -stan's in above sentence? That is a Persian term, meaning "land of" and historically was used by Iranian empire for the provinces it governed. In the West they started to make fun of it since they were colonial powers and had to denigrate their colonies in order to rule them. The most recent example of which was the Bantustan.

But you coming from a country whose name carries it, should be very careful using the term in a derogatory manner. These things always backfire. Just a friendly reminder.

Saeen its even more simple, the reason why Syria is burning has everything to do with external actors, all of them.

Agreed however we must take a nuanced view. Sledgehammer thinking suits the guilty parties. The question is who were the precipitants? You already know that. This is not to say Syria had internal issues. We all do. Who though decided to throw jet fuel over the problems and "make hay"?

Everything else is reaction to the cause. The fire brigade might be ill advised in the methods being employed but the question is who started the fire. Don't benchmark "reaction" as equal to the "action".

Is that only applicable to Syria and not yemen for ex. ?

and yeah . fighting ISIS equals being on expansion mode yet arming them with TOW missiles is fight on the evil .

#khadim #al-haramain #al-sharifain

lol , he is the site owner bro :D

dargir nasho banet mikone dadash

ironically the same ISIS assad deliberately ignored and had a tactic understanding not to attack because they were fighting FSA ?

@Horus

And I have a gut feeling that all this Syria thing was a external project by certain powers who want to dismantle the last hostile country toward Isreal. Once Asad goes Isreal can have a party. No more Gaddafi, no more Saddam, no more Asad. what is left is all part of the Isreali battle order.

Dear Atanz, there is no alternative.

We saw the alternative in Libya. Thank God for Libya being there to remind us of the fact that there is no alternative even if Iran, Russia and China did not stop US and its allies over-running Syria.

In medical research term, Libya is our control case.

The funny thing here being the fact that Pakistan's most staunch ally is China and the Chinese foreign policy on Syria should be a guiding beacon for Pakistanis here. But I guess prejudices are too strong for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Horus So you would rather have ISIS or FSA in their place?
Do you even know how FSA came into being how the trouble begin and why Syrian army defected?
Isis head quarter is in land locked Mosul having free run.... better cut their roots?

Dear Atanz, there is no alternative.

We saw the alternative in Libya. Thank God for Libya being there to remind us of the fact that there is no alternative even if Iran, Russia and China did not stop US and its Takfiri allies over-running Syria.

In medical research term, Libya is our control case.

The funny thing here being the fact that Pakistan's most staunch ally is China and the Chinese foreign policy on Syria should be a guiding beacon for Pakistanis here. But I guess prejudices are too strong for that.

How is that personal opinions of Pakistanis become an official view of Pakistan ?

Please don't split words here. We are not children. You know exactly what I am talking about when I say "strategic depth" and Afghanistan in one sentence or when I refer to the work being done by NLI, SSG and PAF INSIDE Pakistan itself.

Did you note the profuse use of -stan's in above sentence? That is a Persian term, meaning "land of" and historically was used by Iranian empire for the provinces it governed. In the West they started to make fun of it since they were colonial powers and had to denigrate their colonies in order to rule them. The most recent example of which was the Bantustan.

But you coming from a country whose name carries it, should be very careful using the term in a derogatory manner. These things always backfire. Just a friendly reminder.

Our strategic depth concept is to deny India to use afghanistan land so they dont spread terrorism inside Pakistan. Dont spin the entire strategic depth concept in other direction

Did FSA spread any terrorism inside Iran but you began helping Assad back in 2012 when there was no ISIS and the fight was purely assad against FSA back then ?

Back
Top Bottom