What's new

General Kayani says militants’ back broken

terrorists are snakes much like reptiles. they have no back. so i think Gen kayani is dreaming. lets hope things get better.

Heh.. Not by a long shot in my opinion.. The real threat is sitting in NW where Pak army has not yet ventured into

They should not venture there either. The real threat is in Afghanistan, most militants are there, not in Pakistan as Hamid Karzai likes to say. And of course, American drones are creating ever more militants within Pakistan, and any venture into North Waziristan would only create more militants and would break the back of Pakistan, not of the militants. I don't know if your posts are meant to inflame Pakistanis, or are simply due to lack of understanding of any subject you speak about, but please, do stop and think before posting.

Very nice message in that picture, very insightful. One man's collateral damage is another man's son.

am afraid that mr. Kayani has nothing but turned into a politician.....it is sad but you cant help it.....attacks are taking place nearly everyday in Pakistan, even ISI bases/offices are being targetted sucessfully and here he is giving such a speech..........i know how you Pakistani's love your military ...but i just feel sorry that they dont live up to it.....yesterday an army post was attacked ....and still the Pakistan army gen . claims of having broken the terrorists back ....how by not taking any action?...by not venturing into NWFT ?....if any terrorist lives have been claimed ..its because of US's drones nothing by Pakistans military....i agree that some civilians have got killed in the drone attacks ....but you could have prevented it if your army had ventured into the territory instad of letting the Americans bomb them...if that had taken place you would not have had to bear the shame of letting another country bomb your territory only to get paid by them.....

i think militants back are not broken yet as kayani said......after he said,there was a suicide bomb and 5 killed and 300 taliban fighters killed 19 pak army persons

During recent months,specially after Raymond Davis case, i now suspect that militancy in Pakistan is CIA backed. They are supporting all sorts of terrorism inside Pakistan to keep the country involved in their way of WOT . Until the time CIA is operating unchecked and freely in Pakistan, terrorism is unlikely to reduce.

am afraid that mr. Kayani has nothing but turned into a politician.....it is sad but you cant help it.....attacks are taking place nearly everyday in Pakistan, even ISI bases/offices are being targetted sucessfully and here he is giving such a speech..........i know how you Pakistani's love your military ...but i just feel sorry that they dont live up to it.....yesterday an army post was attacked ....and still the Pakistan army gen . claims of having broken the terrorists back ....how by not taking any action?...by not venturing into NWFT ?....if any terrorist lives have been claimed ..its because of US's drones nothing by Pakistans military....i agree that some civilians have got killed in the drone attacks ....but you could have prevented it if your army had ventured into the territory instad of letting the Americans bomb them...if that had taken place you would not have had to bear the shame of letting another country bomb your territory only to get paid by them.....

General was not giving this speech to media but rather he addressed army cadets. How he became a politician? Kindly explain. Speeches given to army men are normally of this type.

So far TTP is active in only one territory i.e NW. So General Kiyani is right in saying that terrorists are losing ground. I don't think that he declared that they have won the war. Please read the full statement.
KAKUL, (SANA): Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani said that the army has broken the backbone of terrorists, adding that the army would overcome these terrorists.

General Kayani said that the Pakistan army was fully aware of the internal and external threats faced by the country. “In the war against terrorism, our officers and soldiers have made great sacrifices and have achieved tremendous success,” this he said in a speech to the 133th passing out parade of the army cadets at PMA Kakul here on Saturday.

He said that we have the ability to face the challenges, adding that the army would continue its efforts to make Pakistan strong and stable.
He said that the army would not hesitate to render any sacrifice for the safety and security of the country, adding that we are successful only because of good training.

General Kayani said that the Pakistan army is one of the best armies of the world, adding that it is a proud for me to check the passing out parade. He said that the people of Pakistan would not hesitate to render every sacrifice for the sake of country.

He said that the sacrifices of Pakistani army in the war against terrorism are unforgettable. General Kayani said that I am sure that the cadets, whom are passing out would not forget the sacrifices of Pak army and they would always remember the achievements of those people who had also passed out from here.

General Kayani said that now it is your responsibility to raise the honor of Pakistani flag, although we are facing a lot of challenges. He said to cadets that now it is start of endless journey and I am hopeful that you people would bear all the difficulties with steadfastness, and protect the oath that you have taken today.

On his Arrival Chief of Army Staff was presented with a guard of honor by a smart batch of cadets and later on, General Kayani presented different shields and swords to the successful cadets.

Those two attacks what you were referring were on PA, not civilians. The war is till going on so naturally it will not end straight away. Even if the war ends, these attacks will continue to occur for some time.

Please don't try to be an expert on Pak affairs. What happens inside Pakistan, only Pakistanis know best.

EDITORIAL: Kayani’s optimism

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Pervez Ashfaq Kayani, while addressing a passing out ceremony in Kakul, has claimed that the Pakistan army has broken the back of militants linked to al Qaeda and the Taliban and the country will soon prevail over this menace. In recent days, the COAS has been publicly vocal in defending the campaign of the military against criticism by the US that it is not doing enough to fight militancy and has no clear plan to overcome the terrorist insurgency. This speech could be read as part of the same voicing of both resentment and a defence of the military. There is no gainsaying the sacrifices of the military, security forces and the people of the country in the struggle against terrorism. However, that does not deal with disquiet about the situation.

Even making allowances for the occasion, which enjoins a morale-boosting address for the new officers about to embark on their military careers, it must be said that the statement of the COAS is highly optimistic and perhaps premature
. Despite successes in the initial military offensives in Swat, South Waziristan and other Agencies in FATA, at best what can be conceded is that the terrorists have been pushed onto the back foot. That is not an inconsiderable achievement when one reflects how the jihadis were full of bluster and intimidating people in Swat and FATA. But it is in the nature of guerrilla and asymmetrical warfare that obvious gains do not always tell the whole story. In the face of the superior firepower and determination of the military to root out the terrorists from their strongholds, it was on the cards that the insurgents would, after some holding operations to allow the main body of their fighters to move away and avoid annihilation, melt away and live to fight another day. One major flaw in the counter-insurgency strategy has been the lack of follow up plans and their implementation on the ground after a particular area has been cleared of insurgents. Swat, for example, is still crying for the re-establishment of an effective civilian administration, the revival of representative politics, and the development tasks required to ensure the well being of the populace and wean any recalcitrants from under the spell of the jihadis. South Waziristan is relatively quiet since the military operation, but that may be due more to the fact that the guerrillas are believed to have scattered to neighbouring Agencies. Proof of this argument is provided by the fact that the Khyber, Mohmand, Orakzai and other Agencies are still restive, requiring periodic clearing operations on ground once cleared already. Kurram Agency’s situation is complicated because of the strategic location of that area, the attempts to stoke sectarian differences, and the continuing effort of the Taliban to intimidate and cow down the tribes that have been resisting their presence. North Waziristan of course is so far untouched, a fact that rankles with the US because of their certainty that the Haqqani network, linked to al Qaeda, is based there. The Pakistani security establishment is therefore accused of not touching North Waziristan because the Haqqanis are still strategic assets in Afghanistan’s endgame.

The most alarming development of late has been the big attack from across the Afghan border in Dir by the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), which yielded some 40 casualties in total on both sides. This action implies the TTP has access to safe havens across the border. This promises trouble since such havens may be beyond the reach of the Pakistani military and could serve to prolong the very campaign the COAS optimistically thinks will not be long in ending.

The intensity of terrorist actions does go through ups and downs, but each lull before fresh storms should not make us complacent or persuade us to slacken and let our guard down. We confront a very motivated and determined enemy in the TTP and other groups of similar ilk, not to mention the continued presence of al Qaeda on our soil in the tribal areas.

Much as one would like wholeheartedly to welcome the rosy prognosis of the COAS, judgement needs to be suspended in the face of the restless tribal areas, the presence of jihadi groups all over the country, and the still looming threat of asymmetrical bombings and strikes in relatively easier places when pressure is mounted in one or the other theatre. This is still going to be a long war. No complacency can be afforded in the life and death struggle against the evil of terrorism.

yeaa :) . . they are snakes they have no back bones . . u just described everything there . . just how india is supporting US by training the talibanis in afghanistan providing weapons and so on . . :) .. so yea they are like snakes :) . . RESPECT!

Claims without Evidence..... No one beleives ur propaganda

Back
Top Bottom