What's new

General Bajwa asked US Deputy Secretary of State for 1.2 billion dollars from IMF

Our Reserves went from 28 Billion before Cipher 12 months ago , to 12 Billion

How will 1 Billion fix the issue? when 14 Billion could not ?

The Indian Airline planes are having technical difficulties every day and landing in Karachi to export out mangoe crates full of Money

<Oh Shiat did I said this outloud>

A certain group name PDM is exporting out Dollar out otherwise where is the money vanishing

Last edited:
Bajwa and Co have failed in their regime change task so why would the US help them at all? It was even likely that the foreign enemies planned all this to destroy Pakistan's economy and ultimately force them to denuclearize. No western country wants a muslim country with nukes to become powerful.

Why not go to Iron Brother? I hear there is money in Beijing. Uncle Sam is evil and unreliable, as we all know on PDF. Don't go there!
Already done

"Highly-placed sources told Business Recorder that the recent visit of Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa was a resounding success in procuring a highly valuable package. Sources further revealed that the three services’ team is still in Beijing and negotiations on the economic package are ongoing at present with possibly two phases of assistance; in the first (initial) phase $2.3 billion would be rolled over, a key International Monetary Fund (IMF) loan condition, and in the second phase another $ 2.5 to $2.8 billion would be disbursed, scheduled for November or early December."

Neither surprising, nor new... Bajwa is the king of Pakistan.

To be honest.
The only solution to this mess is 2/3rd majority government of Imran khan.

Not because he is a Miracle Leader and not discounting other Candidates of Leadership of Pakistan but because he have created a narrative and rellied most of the people behind him.Majority of educated Pakistanis follow him. Him in power will not immidietly restore the economy but will restore a lot of stability and confidence.
People have hope in him. And Army should read public sentiments and take a step back.
Dont kid yourself online, anyone can see the opinnion of people on streets around you.

This debate of who will be capable in future is useless. For once let people decide what they believe in.

You are stuck with no reasonable argument.

Except that it is your reliance and admiration for Iron Brother that remains without any evidence in this time of need for Pakistan. :D

They did the IRR and NPV and found it to be negative

Exactly. It is only Uncle Sam to the rescue, but also a favorite target when stoked. That game may not work any more.

But that is the point. Why doesn't Pakistan go to its noble and pure of heart iron brother who is rich rather than evil old and bankrupt Uncle Sam at a time of such dire need?

(Or is it that iron brother is even more evil? :D )

I don't know why are you being so giddy about things or plain old sarcastic, but the topic at hand, for the call, was to get the IMF to approve the loan rather than ask the US directly for money.

China does not have leverage over the IMF as much as the US does, hence the call.

I hope this is the end of cyclic question.

Secondly, China has already given a $2.5 billion loan.

They may try to get money into SBP by fining PTI in Foreign Funding case via Election Commission.
They may think that PTI can quickly recover the loss via donations by ex-pats, but we can't, so let's just fine PTI and get some money that way.

امریکہ سو کا وعدہ کرے گا، پانچ دے گا، کہے گا باقی قسطوں میں، ایٹمی لینے کے بعد بہانے سے مُکر جائے گا

کیون کہ لاھور میں مبینہ طور پر انھوں نے خود کہا تھا کہ
میں نے اُس سے کہا امریکہ ا نام کُھلم کُھلا نہ لیا کرو، اس نے ھمیں پیسے دینے ھوتے ھیں
اور یہ بھی کہا کہ
سعودیہ چائنا سے پیسے میں ھی لے کر آیا تھا (عمران نہیں)

At 0:40
And 2:25

Sorry I'm barging in again on questions directed towards Imran bhai

Even if he's retiring soon, still I think he's compensating for the miscalculation, also probably doing course correction.
Don't want to retire with bag that much full of bad reviews (?)

This video is fake.

I don't know why are you being so giddy about things or plain old sarcastic, but the topic at hand, for the call, was to get the IMF to approve the loan rather than ask the US directly for money.

China does not have leverage over the IMF as much as the US does, hence the call.

I hope this is the end of cyclic question.

Secondly, China has already given a $2.5 billion loan.

Actually, USA does not have as much influence over IMF as is being portrayed. IMF has its own charter to act upon and it will continue to do so. The point here is that expecting any miracles here is futile, from Uncle Sam, or from Iron Brother. There is simply no substitute for sound financial management. Pakistan must go through this hell if it is to emerge on the other side. There are NO shortcuts.

Working government, confidence surging etc. You can be optimistic now and then with Pakistan.

Fair enough. We can revisit these parameters if and when such a working supermajority has indeed been achieved. Right now, the next step remains getting to the next general elections.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, USA does not have as much influence over IMF as is being portrayed. IMF has its own charter to act upon and it will continue to do so.

Nearly all countries are members of the IMF, but the United States is the largest cumulative contributor to the IMF at $155 billion and the largest voting bloc—holding effective veto power for many decisions.

The point here is that expecting any miracles here is futile, from Uncle Sam, or from Iron Brother. There is simply no substitute for sound financial management. Pakistan must go through this hell if it is to emerge on the other side. There are NO shortcuts.

Please don't construct a strawman.

You question was why is the COAS calling US and not China, you have your answer.

Back
Top Bottom