What's new

Gen Raheel gets 90 Acre for agriculture

Come on guys, I cant believe the dumbness of some comments on this thread. this article was published by Geo group, by Mir Ibrahim's people and its meant to stir up a controversy since Gen Raheel had been tough on Geo (which was well deserved in my opinion) but, this kind of allotment is a norm even in bureaucratic circles also and even parliamentarians get such benefits. and yes, its called a DSOP fund where you deposit money from your salary all your life of service and in the end that money goes towards the benefits. These benefits have been given since the beginning (A tradition in the Colonial Indian Army and in East India Company before that) and they are awarded at intervals like after 15 years of service. and if you make it to 25 years, that first benefit is upgraded from a residential to agriculture and then to even commercial prolly at 30 years of service. its completely normal and legal. My wife worked at an MNC and even in a couple of years she was able to save enough in her equivalent of the DSOP fund. Point is, all organizations rewards dedication and loyalty and commitment. Sarney waley ka mounh kaala lol

Kiddo and me really?

Bachay, every general get this and it's usual everywhere. Secondly every govt employee in Pakistan after retirement get money amounting 3-4 million. One of my father friend who retired as a 17th grade teacher received 3.5 million retirement package. General Raheel retired as an APEX-scale general. APEX is above Grade 22. The price of that land has been deducted from his monthly salary during his career and it was not given by govt or anyone else so you shouldn't worry about it.

I don't need your suggestions on praising anyone because the way you are being ignorant pretty much tells me who you could be so leave this discussion, have a cup of coffee and go to sleep.
Munna,You are entitled to your own opinion,Pak Army is institution,it has produced several Generals to date,General Raheel was one of them,nothing special in that...

90 Acres is tooo much, what can one person do with that? (Other than to sell some of it for a profit)

I think that person doesnt recognise how much 90 is actually is, its big enough to be a town on its own.

Especially its located in prime area, where schools or hospitals could be built instead.

Corrupt to the core.....

Munna,You are entitled to your own opinion,Pak Army is institution,it has produced several Generals to date,General Raheel was one of them,nothing special in that...

and you are chunna munna from your head :D

PA has produced a lot of generals but only General Raheel Sharif led operation against terrorists and eliminated them too. He led Pakistan foreign policy too. He completed half of CPEC roads. He made CPEC start in Pakistan by eliminating terrorism from which Pakistan was suffering since 2001 when you was in nursery class. He was ranked the best General in the world last year.

And all the generals that you mention above enjoyed similar benefits as was their right. IDK what the cry and hue is all about

And all the generals that you mention above enjoyed similar benefits as was their right. IDK what the cry and hue is all about
Because,in world of professional,there is nothing to be boosted upon that,for which you got paid.

Because,in world of professional,there is nothing to be boosted upon that,for which you got paid.
SIr, with all due respect, it is the duty of the institution to follow the leader and promote the leader's vision. The Chief has an important function in not only maintaining National cohesion but in making sure the Nation is on the right path, may not be a constitutionally defined role but its one that has fortunately or unfortunately fallen upon Pak army to perform. So by promoting the chief's vision, they were actually promoting the instution and showing the institutional stregth. Noone was unduly glorifying Gen RS. If you havent notices, the current chief and his team plan on following the same path and if my analysis is right, this is the new strategy to make sure the Chief stays relevant.

SIr, with all due respect, it is the duty of the institution to follow the leader and promote the leader's vision. The Chief has an important function in not only maintaining National cohesion but in making sure the Nation is on the right path, may not be a constitutionally defined role but its one that has fortunately or unfortunately fallen upon Pak army to perform. So by promoting the chief's vision, they were actually promoting the instution and showing the institutional stregth. Noone was unduly glorifying Gen RS. If you havent notices, the current chief and his team plan on following the same path and if my analysis is right, this is the new strategy to make sure the Chief stays relevant.

It would have been better if you search something before just saying what comes in your mind. Today in PDF, an article was published in which it is clearly mentioned that 90 acre land given to General Raheel Sharif is not something unusual. It is happening here since British rule. Secondly 20 acre land from that 90 acre agricultural land is waterlogged means 20 acre is useless and in that article is was clearly mentioned that the price of that 90 acre land is NOT above 1 billion. How can price of 90 acre land from which 20 acre is waterlogged and that land itself is far away from cities can worth 1 billion? :D :D :D

As far as what he did is concerned, browse below:-

1. Karachi Operation

Karachi Operation has seen a significant decline in Terrorist Activities. 69% decrease in Target Killing, 85% reduction in extortion and 90% drop in kidnapping activities across the city.

2. Zarb-e-Azb

Over 8,000 terrorist eliminated in light of Zarb-e-Azb bringing down terrorist activities by more than 60% in Pakistan. Zarb e azab is the biggest operation against terrorists in the world.

3. Playing a vital role in economic growth

General Raheel Sharif’s unconventional support to the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor is the main driver to future prosperity that the country will one day enjoy. Pakistan Army is providing full proof security to the CPEC, playing a vital part in the economic growth of the country. Project upon completion will benefit 3 billion people in the world and is being considered the biggest project in the history of the world.

4. Accountability within the ranks

General Raheel Sharif has not even spared its own and has sacked at least 12 army officers due to corruption charges.

I can write an article here on his achievements but i guess 4 which i mentioned above are more than enough to realize what he did.

This is a standard practice agreed Gen Raheel is no exception agreed. But to say this land is useless is nonsensical! Usually these lands are with the army and they get returns on it.

A single road pushes the price up to billions. People have transferred the land before from far flung areas to cities proportionate to the price. The bureaucratic jumble is what Pakistan is all about sadly.

However, the practice must end because if its continues civil bureaucrats will continue to allot themselves acres of land as well and then transfer it to where they wish!

This is a standard practice agreed Gen Raheel is no exception agreed. But to say this land is useless is nonsensical! Usually these lands are with the army and they get returns on it.

A single road pushes the price up to billions. People have transferred the land before from far flung areas to cities proportionate to the price. The bureaucratic jumble is what Pakistan is all about sadly.

However, the practice must end because if its continues civil bureaucrats will continue to allot themselves acres of land as well and then transfer it to where they wish!

First of all, it is more complicated than just transferring from one place to another. Secondly its about the magnitude of the benefit and the parameters that have been set. Once govt has depleted land resources set aside for such benefits, it has a system set in place which will decide future way to provide benefits which are equivalent in magnitude to what has been provided previously. Every establishment in every country has such a reward set in place. especially at a place like army chief or top bureaucratic posts where corruption is easy, such incentives need to be provided for the person to work diligently and perform duties impartially. this is the prize of staying true to the cause where there are so many temptations. We cannot even fathom the temptation at that level. I have had personally conversations with serving generals on this topic and the magnitude of benefits is on the lower side against such temptations.

General Raheel Sharif is as triggered as feminists these days. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

First Riyal Sharif and now Plot Sharif. :D:D:D

He needs truck loads of burnol. A few trucks should be sent to ISPR as well.

Last edited:
This forum is handled by some men in Khakis and they will delete this thread as they did to previous threads.

Wasn't he surrendered all land to shuhada fund?

Only this charm brings youth to the army , there is no other things like Protect to motherland or something else.

then you may live in your delusional world forever and ever.

It truly astonishes me that people in this thread have peanuts for brains.
Jumping up and down on any article that comes up to meet their "deluded" mindset.

They dont even try to validate such news and its connections.

Ah, Well, Who am I kidding... Peanuts for brains. haah

Not completely useless. I was referring to that article in which it was stated that this land is worth more than 1 billion and that news was declared rubbish yesterday, officially.

20 acre from that 90 acre is waterlogged and in one interview I heard from an army spokesperson telling that the cost of this land/plot is deducted from our monthly salary and in the end we receive it like other government employees receive it.

Anyways, I myself think that such difference between an ordinary employee and big bureaucrats is not good but it happens in most of the countries.

What is wrong if he got few acres of land? He have given his precious life to the army. Many people in Pakistan have more than that. He is only questioned because he was an Army chief?

Not completely useless. I was referring to that article in which it was stated that this land is worth more than 1 billion and that news was declared rubbish yesterday, officially.

20 acre from that 90 acre is waterlogged and in one interview I heard from an army spokesperson telling that the cost of this land/plot is deducted from our monthly salary and in the end we receive it like other government employees receive it.

Anyways, I myself think that such difference between an ordinary employee and big bureaucrats is not good but it happens in most of the countries.

it does not happen in 'most countries' may be in some african countries. the problem is our biases, those who just blindly follow the politicians on ethnic linguistic lines justify even the wrong doings similarly who blindly love the generals do the same!

these are british practices that needed to be dealt with like taking back land from landlords, anyways this land is worth millions and is easily transferable and is just one of the many benefits available. we agree to disagree.

First of all, it is more complicated than just transferring from one place to another. Secondly its about the magnitude of the benefit and the parameters that have been set. Once govt has depleted land resources set aside for such benefits, it has a system set in place which will decide future way to provide benefits which are equivalent in magnitude to what has been provided previously. Every establishment in every country has such a reward set in place. especially at a place like army chief or top bureaucratic posts where corruption is easy, such incentives need to be provided for the person to work diligently and perform duties impartially. this is the prize of staying true to the cause where there are so many temptations. We cannot even fathom the temptation at that level. I have had personally conversations with serving generals on this topic and the magnitude of benefits is on the lower side against such temptations.

Incentives is the right word, but please we live in a practical world and Pakistan sadly is a third world country just because of our biases we tend to favour one side just like for instance an MQM supporter or a sindhi nationalist might justify his occupation of railway lands.
these were rewards bestowed upon by the british and is not right, incentives should be clearly stated and widely understood, you may not know that the civil bureaucracy takes cue from this and has looted the country dry. military also gets 10% quota on civil bureaucracy, so hope u get my point.

Back
Top Bottom