What's new

Gen (R) Hamid Gul to India | We have to 'walk together,for peace'

Ya, we should walk together like loving neighbors :laughcry:

funniest thing I read today was the story line running on that interview, Will Nawaz Sharif hand over Hamid Gul to India

ffff me I almost died laughing, i admit I cant watch India TV news channels anymore or i will die laughing

just a question, where do indian educate their journalists

Contrary to what many Indians may believe, its actually in Pakistan's interest to have good relations with India. Otherwise Pakistan in the long run is open to manipulation from China and Middle East, who will exploit our fears that may never come true. India will be exploited by America and EU. I always propagate to my friends and some folk from India who still have logical thinking before jingoism on their priority list, to 'look beyond Kashmir'.

If Kashmir issue is solved today - i bet you within 10 years, the whole S.Asia/C.asian territory will start to lose the 'rigid identities' when the 'tit flashing contest' stops. Peace between India and Pakistan is a 'threat' to a 3rd force, and its our duty to achieve that peace regardless of what happens in between. We have a choice between defeating them by moving on or keep being manipulated while everyone else surpasses us.

Well Even i believe it is pakistan's Interest to have a good relationship with India (and vice versa).... My take on this is... We believe that kashmir is the issue..... Yes it was.... But today the way things are, i doubt even if Kashmir get resolved the mistrust is gonna stay... Because there are forces who doesnt want both of us to have a friendly relationship....

If We both become friends not only us but our other neighbors also get benefited (eg: SAARC - Which is literally held hostage for our differences)......

But then it reminds me of a dialogue of arms dealer of MI Ghost protocol : My friend... War means More business......

That wont solve the issue.

Kashmir needs to be given a 'special status' by both sides with maximum degree of autonomy [Kashmir doesn't belong to us or Indians, it belongs to the Kashmiri people], followed by 'mutual military withdrawal' - unrestricted access to the divided sides so they can see their families and live on both sides. Give them 20 years mandate to integrate - and then they can decide via a free and fair referendum 20 years later.

If

* They want to become a country
* They want to join India
* They want to join Pakistan
* They want to join India as a fully autonomous state
* They want to join Pakistan as a fully autonomous state.
@Armstrong What do you say?

That will never happen, realistically speaking. The best possible solution is only what I have suggested. If we are lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but tell me one politician in present history who has the guts to take that decision. So much will happen to them if they do something like that. :D

Baatein insaanon se kee jaati hain.. Every time peace efforts has been made from India's side and it is India who got stabbed in the back in the end. There is no point talking to extremists, religiously corrupt, hate filled people. They live lives built out of lies that are constantly fed to them and they hold enormous hatred for other religions which they display quite freely.

India need to ignore Pakistan as much as possible and just reply them back twice the vigor every time there is some misadventure from Pakistan's end.

That will never happen, realistically speaking. The best possible solution is only what I have suggested. If we are lucky.

Your solution will work only if LOC doesn't become DMZ. Kashmir problem is 'humanitarian' before anything else.

Does NOT or does become a DMZ? :confused:

I mean DMZ in its 'current state'. As long as there are thousands of families divided, as long as there are a million men marching on the LOC - its not working!

I believe, we need to empower the Kashmiris, they are the owners of that place, they should decide what they want and what they don't want.

I mean DMZ in its 'current state'. As long as there are thousands of families divided, as long as there are a million men marching on the LOC - its not working!

I believe, we need to empower the Kashmiris, they are the owners of that place, they should decide what they want and what they don't want.

Careful there Bossman Sir. We would not want the same right applied to other areas of the country, now would we?

Baatein insaanon se kee jaati hain.. Every time peace efforts were from India's side and in the end India got stabbed in the back. There is no point talking to extremists, religiously corrupt, hate filled people. Indian need to ignore Pakistan as much as possible and just reply them back twice the vigor every time there is some misadventure from Pakistan's end.
For how long can we afford this?

Wouldn't it be better if we let the cynic inside us die and follow a logical approach to this problem? Even if we we win wars, what would we get out of em? This name calling hasn't and wouldn't work, for both sides. War leaves us all bereft brother.

Every single war fought in the modern world was business, period! Ham toh bas gaand khujaate reh jayenge bhai. Pakistan ko harake aapko kya mil jayega, poverty ke ilawa.

And even the Pakistanis need to understand its about time they stopped listening to the **** which goes on there. Don't let yourself brainwashed.

Both countries need a Hugo Chavez each, instead of these goons who are ruining instead of running them.

For how long can we afford this?

Wouldn't it be better if we let the cynic inside us die and follow a logical approach to this problem? Even if we we win wars, what would we get out of em? This name calling hasn't and wouldn't work, for both sides. War leaves us all bereft brother.

Every single war fought in the modern world was business, period! Ham toh bas gaand khujaate reh jayenge bhai. Pakistan ko harake aapko kya mil jayega, poverty ke ilawa.

And even the Pakistanis need to understand its about time they stopped listening to the **** which goes on there. Don't let yourself brainwashed.

Both countries need a Hugo Chavez each, instead of these goons who are ruining instead of running them.

And do you really think some body in Pakistan extremists forces and Army will listen to all these peace advise?

You are expecting too much from them. Their hatred for India is much more than anything you can quantify.

Just here on this thread, listen to their talks of empowering others. Somebody needs to tell them first empower yourself and then think of others.

Why not? - Azad Kashmir, belongs to the Kashmiris not to us.
Indeed. What's the problem in being fair to everyone and doing whatever is right.

That said, I agree that it is realistically not possible. The "forces" won't let it happen.

And do you really think some body in Pakistan extremists forces and Army will listen to all these peace advise?

You are expecting too much from them. Their hatred for India is much more than anything you can quantify.

Just here on this thread, listen to their talks of empowering others. Somebody needs to tell them first empower yourself and then think of others.
You are right in what you are saying. I don't deny that. But then someone has to change in order to progress right. Thoda wo badlein, thoda hum. You need to be the change to see the change.

Being patriotic and being egoistic are two different things.

Back
Top Bottom