What's new

Gen (R) Hamid Gul to India | We have to 'walk together,for peace'

Correctly said, how every olive branch from Pakistan is interpreted as a 'weakness' in India.

No one is saying about weakness Aero.. Just look at the last three so called peace talks.. What we get in return? Parliament attack, Kargil and Mumbai attack.. Tell me who done that? Dont blame us when your government and other establishments didnt have the commitment for peace!!

When the same guy was talking about OBL, you chaps were dismissing him and yet you expect us to take him seriously? What is his locus standi here?

One man can't be right everytime.

No one is saying about weakness Aero.. Just look at the last three so called peace talks.. What we get in return? Parliament attack, Kargil and Mumbai attack.. Tell me who done that? Dont blame us when your government and other establishments didnt have the commitment for peace!!

Maybe there is a 3rd force at play. If India,Pakistan are serious about the peace process, than there is someone who clearly isn't.

An interview with Hamid Gul, where he is boasting on how he created Taiban. Please read the first Q&A

A Talk with the “Taliban-Maker”, Former Pakistani ISI Chief Hamid Gul | ThereAreNoSunglasses

Trash source.

Gen-hamid gul was deputed to ISI for only two years and retired before the Taliban movement had started -as talibans-. The Taliban are no other than the Mujahideen, they were just rebranded after the war. The creator of the Mujahideen was Gen|Akhtar Abdul Rehman Shaheed.

Kya Baat hain jenaab,Hamid Gul itne pyaar se baatein kar rahein?

apart from when tensions were high following 26/11 thing, i'd say he's never been a war-mongerer or chest thumper on TV

the fact that he always appears as guest on indian talkshows (even on the unprofessional and incredibly annoying times now debate of that guy arnab goswami) and answers the questions frankly, i dont see why you should think he either talks with ghusa nor pyaar

An interview with Hamid Gul, where he is boasting on how he created Taiban. Please read the first Q&A

A Talk with the “Taliban-Maker”, Former Pakistani ISI Chief Hamid Gul | ThereAreNoSunglasses

he's not the "Creator" of taleban....only he worked and collaborated with ELDER members of the Afghan resistance, many who would later BECOME taleban (after the jihad against soviets was over)

Creator of taleban are Afghans...its an Afghan movement

Yeah but any surprises there,the Mahol is so bad what can we do about it?

Exactly what Germans,French,Brits ,Japs and Americans did after WWII. It will require tough measures, but once peace is established, its dividends will let go any memories of the past. In the modern world we are fighting over 'territories' when rest of the world is busy making 'territories irrelevant'. There is a clear stake for the great powers to maintain a state of simmering war between us. We buy their weapons, buy their debt, kill each other and allow them to subvert our countries. Not very genius is it?

His role in the Afghan Jihad as DG ISI and later the act of diverting the Mujahideen to Kashmiri,the Pandit Massacre and he has too many achievements to his credit.

Oh, bhai - he was NOT the father of the Mujahideen, he was deputed to ISI for only two years AFTER 1987 and he was retired before his tenure was suppose to end. There were some great fiascos that unfolded during his tenure with the ISI.

Every time they proposed peace talk with us, its us who was bleeding due to external attack.. Thanks but no thanks Mr. Gul. We cannot let our people die in the name of peace..

its not up to you, mr singh will talk to our prime minister and there is nothing you can do about it.

its not up to you, mr singh will talk to our prime minister and there is nothing you can do about it.

My dear friend..... Mr. Singh has almost lived his life as PM of India.... and he wouldn't be in a position to Hold any meaningful talks to NS anymore as the elections are nearing and he verywell knows that INC wont be back in power....

@ topic..... Everyone knows Hamid gul's role as a terrorist supporter.... even USA does.... though some of those terrorists were created jointly by GUL's ISI and CIA.... . He has been portrayed here as the ambassador of peace.... But i am sure everyone remember how close he is with HZ (another ambassador of peace to india) and how HZ was spewing venom on gul's presence

Btw : I wish to have good relationship with pakistan as once we lived together and noway we can avoid each other... as mms said you cant choose your neighbors.....

Maybe there is a 3rd force at play. If India,Pakistan are serious about the peace process, than there is someone who clearly isn't.

Well said. People have to understand that third parties have a vested interest in fueling the enmity between India-Pak. There so much more to the equation than most us see.

Absolutely...... There are lot of people who can be benefited with our differences.. .. But then it is for both nations to decide who are they.......How to keep them away.....The problem is some of those people can be in key influential positions....

Absolutely...... There are lot of people who can be benefited with our differences.. .. But then it is for both nations to decide who are they.......How to keep them away.....The problem is some of those people can be in key influential positions....

Contrary to what many Indians may believe, its actually in Pakistan's interest to have good relations with India. Otherwise Pakistan in the long run is open to manipulation from China and Middle East, who will exploit our fears that may never come true. India will be exploited by America and EU. I always propagate to my friends and some folk from India who still have logical thinking before jingoism on their priority list, to 'look beyond Kashmir'.

If Kashmir issue is solved today - i bet you within 10 years, the whole S.Asia/C.asian territory will start to lose the 'rigid identities' when the 'tit flashing contest' stops. Peace between India and Pakistan is a 'threat' to a 3rd force, and its our duty to achieve that peace regardless of what happens in between. We have a choice between defeating them by moving on or keep being manipulated while everyone else surpasses us.

Yes, but its people like you and me who need to initiate. Change and the world will change with you.

Contrary to what many Indians may believe, its actually in Pakistan's interest to have good relations with India. Otherwise Pakistan in the long run is open to manipulation from China and Middle East, who will exploit our fears that may never come true. India will be exploited by America and EU. I always propagate to my friends and some folk from India who still have logical thinking before jingoism on their priority list, to 'look beyond Kashmir'.

If Kashmir issue is solved today - i bet you within 10 years, the whole S.Asia/C.asian territory will start to lose the 'rigid identities' when the 'tit flashing contest' stops. Peace between India and Pakistan is a 'threat' to a 3rd force, and its our duty to achieve that peace regardless of what happens in between. We have a choice between defeating them by moving on or keep being manipulated while everyone else surpasses us.

What stops India and Pakistan from declaring the LoC as a confirmed international boundary and move one from there?

Good to see someone who has real knowledge about what's going on in this world. Kudos to you brother.

What stops India and Pakistan from declaring the LoC as a confirmed international boundary and move one from there?
The answer so so long that it would take at least 10 posts only to get started.

That wont solve the issue.

Kashmir needs to be given a 'special status' by both sides with maximum degree of autonomy [Kashmir doesn't belong to us or Indians, it belongs to the Kashmiri people], followed by 'mutual military withdrawal' - unrestricted access to the divided sides so they can see their families and live on both sides. Give them 20 years mandate to integrate - and then they can decide via a free and fair referendum 20 years later.

If

* They want to become a country
* They want to join India
* They want to join Pakistan
* They want to join India as a fully autonomous state
* They want to join Pakistan as a fully autonomous state.
@Armstrong What do you say?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom