What's new

Gen Ashfaq Nadeem and Gen Ramday, not resigning

Farah Sohail

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Rauf Klasra, told in his prog 2-3 days ago, tht Gen Ramday, may not retire, now tht Gen Bajwa has been made COAS, because according to my sources, Gen Bajwa, had told Gen Ramday, even before he got selected as Chief, tht if i am made, COAS, then i will not let u retire, and if u become COAS, then it will be upto you, whether you want me or not... So Rauf Klasra had told this couple of days back, tht there are chances tht Gen Ramday may not retire.. However he wasnt sure abt Gen Ashfaq Nadeem

Mateen haider, Dawn news journalist on defence and foreign affairs has now told on twitter, tht both Gen Ashfaq Nadeem and Gen Ramday, have decided not to resign, after Gen Bajwa, becomes army chief

Last edited:
Mateen haider, Dawn news journalist on defence and foreign affairs has told on twitter, tht Gen Ashfaq Nadeem and Gen Ramday, have decided not to resign, after Gen Bajwa, becomes army chief
Well that is good. This also happened at time of General Karamat. He was third in line and when he became Army Chief he requested both the guys not to retire and keep working, so they accepted the request and kept working and retired on their scheduled date.

Last edited:
Mateen haider, Dawn news journalist on defence and foreign affairs has told on twitter, tht Gen Ashfaq Nadeem and Gen Ramday, have decided not to resign, after Gen Bajwa, becomes army chief
This will be a very good step not only for now but for the future
"The Distance between Dream and reality is called Discipline"

A good and welcoming development. I hope Gen Ashfaq also do not retire in haste but rather complete his tenure of service in the army which i believe is till 2017.

All the more reasons for these gentlemen to stick around. Good news.

Yes... Also since both of them are experienced men, and Gen Nadeem being CC Multan, right now, and Gen Ramday, is CC Bahawalpur,/Gujranwala, if i am not wrong, so right now, as there are tensions with India, its better tht both of them stay....

However i am just confused..and i hope tht their undercommands dont see it as ...both of these gentlemen lacking the selfrespect to resign, after Gen Bajwa has become coas

Yes, Mateen Haider has told tht both of them have decided, not to resign

ویسے جنرل اشفاق ندیم نے شاید ابھی تک فیصلہ نہیں کیا ہے، لیکن اگر جنرل باجوہ ان کو منانے میں کامیاب ہوجاتے ہیں تو شریر فیملی کے سارے پلان کی تو مٹی پلید ہوجائیگی

ویسے جنرل اشفاق ندیم نے شاید ابھی تک فیصلہ نہیں کیا ہے، لیکن اگر جنرل باجوہ ان کو منانے میں کامیاب ہوجاتے ہیں تو شریر فیملی کے سارے پلان کی تو مٹی پلید ہوجائیگی

Ermm... I think I read on twitter somewhere, tht both these gentlemen were asked in yesterday's ceremony...tht whether u will resign..and both of them said, tht we will continue, and Gen Ishfaq Nadeem said, tht we will continue, however its upto the COAS, to make any decision

So apparently, it seems tht both of them have decided, not to resign

Ermm... I think I read on twitter somewhere, tht both these gentlemen were asked in yesterday's ceremony...tht whether u will resign..and both of them said, tht we will continue, and Gen Ishfaq Nadeem said, tht we will continue, however its upto the COAS, to make any decision

So apparently, it seems tht both of them have decided, not to resign

This is a very good news..

Rauf Klasra, told in his prog 2-3 days ago, tht Gen Ramday, may not retire, now tht Gen Bajwa has been made COAS, because according to my sources, Gen Bajwa, had told Gen Ramday, even before he got selected as Chief, tht if i am made, COAS, then i will not let u retire, and if u become COAS, then it will be upto you, whether you want me or not... So Rauf Klasra had told this couple of days back, tht there are chances tht Gen Ramday may not retire.. However he wasnt sure abt Gen Ashfaq Nadeem

Mateen haider, Dawn news journalist on defence and foreign affairs has now told on twitter, tht both Gen Ashfaq Nadeem and Gen Ramday, have decided not to resign, after Gen Bajwa, becomes army chief

As per my knowledge, four senior most Lt. Generals already got early retirement

This is not a rule in the Army.

This is only customary tradition that when a junior officer is promoted and made the Chief, then the senior Lt Generals (if any) opt to retire due to service pride.

It depends on the understanding amongst the officers. If they decide to stay, it would be beneficial for Pakistan
Army.

Both Gen Ishfaq and Gen Ramday are due to retire on 8th August 2017. They still can serve well for Pakistan Army.

Back
Top Bottom