What's new

Gaza-Israel Conflict | October 2023

Hossein Amir-Abdollahian
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Iran :

4682352.jpg

Iran TV interview:

We told the United Nations to use the limited opportunity to stop the crimes otherwise new fronts
will be opened against Israel.

Question: Iran cannot be a spectator in the Gaza war? and other questions, will Iran enter the war?

Amir Abdollahian: Anything is imaginable and no one can remain silent about
these crimes.

Can you tell us a little about Seyyed Hassan Nasrallah's and yours?

Amir Abdollahian: I had a conversation with Seyed Hassan Nasrallah for three hours, of course, Hezbollah plays a very important role. Regarding the scenarios he has set up against the resistance in Lebanon, all options and scenarios are in front of Hezbollah.

If Hezbollah joins the war from Lebanon and Syrians groups from their side start the insurgency, they can have the destruction of Israel within three years.
@haman10
...you can't raise insurgency inside Israel, I am pretty sure Israel does not have any plan to invade Southern Lebanon....

The only way for Hezbollah to get involved is either bait Israel into going into Southern Lebanon for no reason at all, or they will have to get into Northern Israel to fight. Which will not be optimal for them. And frankly I don't see how or why Hezbollah would particularly want to do that, because you will need 3 to 5 against 1 to do that in Israel, and they don't have that amount of number and equipment.

Hezbollah's military power and why it's feared by the West, and the difference with Hamas.
1. Hezbollah vs. Hamas difference:
Hamas is a flat land under blockade by Israel. It's very hard to smuggle weapons, especially if they are big. Iran and Hezbollah transferred manufacturing technology, and Hamas is now producing its own weapons from the raw materials they find in Gaza. Hezbollah, on the other hand, has an open corridor from Beirut to Tehran. Everything Iran has, Hezbollah has.
2. Hezbollah's missile power:
The major difference in power compared to Hamas is PRECISION.Hezbollah's missiles are guided. They have hundreds of thousands of missiles, and they set up factories to refurbish their unguided missiles into precision missiles. They have factories and produce weapons. They also have all the types of drones you can imagine. Suicide drones, surveillance, etc. They are hidden in mountains in Lebanon and Syria. What can precision missiles do ?They can target strategic assets :Power plants, airports, bases, Dimona nuclear plant, factories, storages, gas platforms on the sea, ports, Everything. Palestine is not Ukraine. It's a very small country, every single point is under reach of precision missiles. These missiles can de-industrialize Israel.
3. Hezbollah's elite ground forces :
We all saw what Hamas was capable of. You can imagine yourself, no need to explain.

Israelis dropped bunker buster bombs on their soldiers:
Urgent: Abu Ubaida: The Israeli occupation’s bombing of Gaza resulted in the killing of 22 Israelis

عاجل : أبو عبيدة : قصف الاحتلال الإسرائيلي على غزة أسفر عن مقتل 22 إسرائيلي .

Hezbollah has showed a master genius they are

Everyone said Merkava has APS trophy impossible to be defeated by modern ATGM

what did Hezbollah do ?

They built a 2 stage ATGM system where the first missile activated the trophy defense and then the second takes out the tank

This is one hell of a system

Merkava as usual Israeli stuff is overrated rubbish

I had this exact discussion with an Israeli online and you know what he said? "That's no good because it will take you 2 shells to destroy a tank". I paused for a second because I wasn't sure what he meant. So I said "yeah, so what?" loool. He thought that just because it would take 2 shells instead of 1 that somehow that wouldn't work or wouldn't be worth it hahaha. Any army would fire 2 shells at a tank if that's what it would take to get past an APS and destroy it. Not sure what the hell he was thinking.

Carrier groups are no answer for a sustained campaign against a large foe. But they provide the initial momentum till logistics may be arranged from nearby bases. In previous declared wars over the last thirty years, where there is ample time for preparation and battle planning, the war typically starts on a new moon night at the target using B-2 bombers with anti-radiation missiles to take out radar. Obviously, that can't happen if there is a sudden attack. But Carriers still carry enough HARM to start the war.

Precisely what the EA-18G (preceded by the EA-6B Prowler/Intruder) was designed to do. Not only does it spoof and jam, but also carry & fire AGM-88 HARM missiles to destroy radar stations during those initial interdiction missions. This exact, dedicated military tactic was primarily developed during the Vietnam war with USAF Wild Weasels squadrons. Which ironically is how the apartheid state learned how to perform the same missions in 1982 against Syria.

The trick is early detection at long distances which the Russians & Chinese have been developing with their OTH radars.

Back
Top Bottom