What's new

Gaza-Israel Conflict | October 2023

CNN just released an exclusive video of a alleged dead Hamas fighter go pro footage captured by IDF

The alleged footage is 104 minutes long, I have not seen the entire footage as CNN got this footage directly from IDF. (I have no source unless it went thru US Military) but from what I see or what CNN allowed you to see, I have the following observation

1.) OPSEC - They shot the footage from when they are still in the tunnel. It show their base, this is a big no-no for OPSEC, even if you didn't show how to get to your base (I don't know if he is stupid enough to show from the tunnel to the IP), you still show the base as if what the IDF is expecting in those tunnel, how wide it was, what kind of structure, what kind of defense and obstacle it poses. This is not really a good habit

2.) The man in this video is on a suicide mission - Suggest minimal training, or just enough to carry the task, now I don't know if this is just what it was this group or all of them didn't count on coming back. From this, but that show me that their training and tactics is primitive at best. Which I will explain further down

3.) The fighter picked up an IDF Tavor and use it. This is another big No-No, now, I don't know what kind of weapon training that guy went thru, but picking up an unfamiliar weapon and use it as primary weapon is not the brightest move, because

A.) If you don't know how to service it, it's pointless, you don't know how to feed the weapon properly, how to clear jam, how to change barrel then this is going to be one off, if not it will bite your *** back if you don't know how to clear a hot weapon, it would blow it up your face. Now, he might have trained with Tavor (Doesn't look like it by the way he is holding it) I don't know

B.) He was carrying AK, which is a different calibre than the Tavor (Tavor uses 5.56x45) which mean he wouldn't have enough nor can he borrow his buddy for ammo if push comes to shove, because they don't use 5.56 either, so whatever he can get from the dead IDF soldier would be it.

And C.) and this is the most important issue, you don't use your enemy weapon in battle because sometime people engage based on what they hear, especially without personal communication, not everyone is going know where you are, and when you firing an Israeli weapon in the mix of Hamas fighter when they all use AK and they don't know it was you? that's asking for friendly fire. Most military won't do it unless you are alone and you have no weapon to use (Kind of like when Dick Winter jump into Normandy and went commando), then you pick up an enemy weapon and use it until you can find your own replacement.

4.) The way he assaults the barrack compound.......Well......that's just.....I don't even know where to start. You don't go straight up on a bee line, you don't stand out to engage your enemy. Cover and Concealment is the most basic of the basic on how you move tactically, you identify your surroundings, what can offer you cover, and identify what can offer you concealment., this guy uses neither. And the other in the group did not provide mutually support either, I don't see any leader direct them to the target, any base of fire being lay (strange considering they had RPG and automatic small arms) At 6;11, you can see 3 dude crouching behind the car and the guy is keeping watch on the back of the car, yet he decide to go pass thru the front of the car, and at 6:16, you can see 2 guys running to his right side, one toward a cover, the other I don't know, yet he continue down that road without cover and try to close into the gate. Well, you just don't go out in the over on a weak side, that mean either he was taught and forgot about how to assault a static position, or he wasn't taught at all, this is really not good maneuver

And looking at the way he came across like he is in a picnic instead of a firefight itself says all that it has to. This guy is either not very well trained, or even untrained. To be honest, judging from the damage the Hamas done, I am expecting a more effective and fluid approach......

I mean, maybe the rest of the video will show him a lot of tactical sense? And this is what they want to show you? I don't know but judging from a point of view as a soldier and as a platoon leader. This wouldn't be a good example I would say for anyone to look and try to learn how to assault an objective.

@RescueRanger what is your thought?
I think people are more focused on the worst genocide in history taking place rather than body cam footage of a Palestinian soldier. There are tons of videos of Hamas soldiers neutralizing Israeli soldiers and taking over their bases.

I think people are more focused on the worst genocide in history taking place rather than body cam footage of a Palestinian soldier. There are tons of videos of Hamas soldiers neutralizing Israeli soldiers and taking over their bases.
Well, not like this they don't.......

I don't know, but I would think an airsofter probably will have done better than this....

I don't know, but I would think an airsofter probably will have done better than this....
They took over every military base and installation for the IDF Gaza division corp. They're definitely competent.

You can make a analysis thread of the whole command raid on October 7 with pertaining to the operation against the IDF Gaza Division. But please be respectful and post in it in the Arab defense forum. If you need footage you can tag me. I'm sure your analysis will be interesting for people to read.

They took over every military base and installation for the IDF Gaza division corp. They're definitely competent.
Well, when you push 1000 men into a company size garrison, you are going to overwhelm that garrison, That does not mean they are competent.

On the other hand, there are only 340 military dead. Most of the people who died are unarmed. It's not the same, I mean, yes, maybe for the first 2 hours or so, but what happen when the organise defence started kick back? And do remember, IDF prepared now for over 2 weeks to attack, this IDF in Gaza right now is not the same IDF that Hamas surprised back in Oct 7. That's some big different you know.

I mean, they already took almost half of the Gaza city as per ISW

Gaza Clearing Map November 17,2023.png

And we aren't even in a month yet.....

This is a check point, not a divisional HQ, and I see the same thing I saw on the other video....

For hours, the Mujahideen have been engaged in fierce clashes west of Jabalia, as the enemy is trying to penetrate this steadfast and stubborn town after failing to do so over the past days.

Well, when you push 1000 men into a company size garrison, you are going to overwhelm that garrison, That does not mean they are competent.

On the other hand, there are only 340 military dead. Most of the people who died are unarmed. It's not the same, I mean, yes, maybe for the first 2 hours or so, but what happen when the organise defence started kick back? And do remember, IDF prepared now for over 2 weeks to attack, this IDF in Gaza right now is not the same IDF that Hamas surprised back in Oct 7. That's some big different you know.

View attachment 1030121

This is a check point, not a divisional HQ, and I see the same thing I saw on the other video....
Israel has thousands of troops and security forces in the Gaza envelope. Not a company sized Garrison like you claim. Hamas commandos split into teams each with seperate missions. No one thinks that Hamas can defeat Israel. Not even Hamas itself. Hamas made a strategic operation to change status quo of conflict.

Hamas was outgunned badly on October 7. Israeli armor and Air Force were also present. Yet Israelis lost all their military bases to them. That means the Hamas commandos are militarily competent. Israeli military death toll is close to 800. The list was published. BBC didn't mention the other dozens of Israeli military bases and installations in the area which all those red dots near Gaza border represent.

1700417960930.png

@LeGenD Give Adir and Benny another chance. Let them contribute.
This has been debunked. They cut off the footage at 1:13 to a different clip.

View attachment 1030121

By Gaza division I mean the Israeli army brigades based around Gaza in the Gaza envelope:

143rd Division also known as Gaza Division is a division of the Israel Defense Forces, subordinate to the Southern Regional Command. Its area of operation is the Gaza Strip and the area surrounding it. The division's commander is Brigadier-General Avi Rosenfeld, who replaced Nimrod Aloni in August 2022. Wikipedia

Israel has thousands of troops and security forces in the Gaza envelope. Not a company sized Garrison like you claim. Hamas commandos split into teams each with seperate missions. No one thinks that Hamas can defeat Israel. Not even Hamas itself. Hamas made a strategic operation to change status quo of conflict.

Hamas was outgunned badly on October 7. Israeli armor and Air Force were also present. Yet Israelis lost all their military bases to them. That means the Hamas commandos are militarily competent. Israeli military death toll is close to 800. The list was published. BBC didn't mention the other dozens of Israeli military bases and installations in the area which all those red dots near Gaza border represent.

View attachment 1030125
I was referring to the original action on Oct 7, now they have a few division into the mix and that's why I said the IDF in Gaza now is not the same IDF that was surprised by Hamas back on Oct 7.

And I wouldn't say Hamas defeated IDF either, progress maybe, but all those are rolled back almost the same day after the attack. And apparently not all of the military base was taken, case in point the very base in that video was not taken by Hamas, and they did died trying to capture it (Otherwise it would be Hamas releasing the video, not IDF)

And finally, even with 800 IDF killed, Hamas still loses 2 to 3 times the soldier IDF loses, and I really doubt 800 military dead in Oct 7 is realistic. Because the entire death toll is only around 1400....and a lot of them are unarmed like the one in the music festival and the resident in those Kibbutz

But I do agree with you, Hamas made move that change the status quo of the situation, probably not the way Hamas wanted, unless you are thinking losing almost half of Gaza City to IDF is Hamas goal all along.......

Private sources: Very violent clashes between the resistance and the Israeli occupation forces, which began to retreat in the Al-Saftawi area amid violent Israeli air strikes on citizens’ homes in western Jabalia, in the northern Gaza Strip.

Back
Top Bottom