What's new

Gaza-Israel Conflict | October 2023

Good point, I can visualise Jordan as a launch pad, slowly chaos takes place, jordan will attack the Palestinians for using their territory and slowly rebellion will take place, even ISIS could come, then the excuse of fighting terrorism Israel could annex territory in to Jordan.

Iraq, Syria, Lebanon are a piece of cake, they are already destroyed, with instability. I understand some will say israel will face resistance, yes I agree but Israel can easily overtake, they have no army.
View attachment 972219

Mostly I agree with you but I don't foresee any 'Greater Israel' for years. Israel is based upon continued large influx of immigrants and that's not going to work for next several years: Who the hell would want to leave Europe or America to come to a conflict zone surrounded by millions of angry hostile people??
Israel is not only incapable of taking over any more land with the possible exception of Gaza Strip. Israelis are very averse to casualties and any more expansion into Jordan, Lebanon, Syria would make Israelis easier targets by the militias.
Bolded Part: Armies are not needed to bleed Israel. Hezbollah proved that even before 2006!! I think we can go all the way into the 1980s to see that.

1699472302203.png

It is also clear that Israel's assault on Hamas is causing terrible bloodshed. The latest figure for Palestinian deaths from Gaza's health ministry, run by Hamas, has exceeded 9,000 - of whom around 65% are children and women.

It is not clear how many of the men who have been killed were civilians or fighting for Hamas or Islamic Jihad. US President Joe Biden and the Israelis do not trust the ministry figures. But in past conflicts, Palestinian casualty statistics have been considered accurate by international organisations.

One grim milestone is fast approaching. The United Nations (UN) says around 9,700 civilians have been killed in Ukraine since the full-scale Russian invasion 21 months ago.

Some of the Palestinian dead would have been part of Hamas. But even if that proportion is as high as 10%, which is unlikely, it means that Israel is on course to have killed as many Palestinian civilians in just over a month as Russia has killed in Ukraine since February 2022. (The UN says its data for Ukraine is incomplete and the true number of civilians killed is likely higher, while in Gaza the number of dead is also likely to be higher as many Palestinians are believed to be buried under rubble).

But by releasing a few to get even 1-2 days of respite from the military action in exchange for a few hostages, the Gazans get to 'regroup'.
I guess it is some mathematics 'calculus' which both sides understand well!!
I dont think Hamas are that affected by the bombing. they can regroup even now. a ceasefire will not let them do anything with so many israeli assets not he ground and in air. But anyway. let's see what happens.

Westerners are already in prison states. It's not going to be long before that spreads to everywhere else via the lackeys. They will disseminate the techniques under "democracy" to achieve it. Dictators are our only hope.

Well apparently those prisons are heaven since there are far more Easterners going West than the other way around.

I dont think Hamas are that affected by the bombing. they can regroup even now. a ceasefire will not let them do anything with so many israeli assets not he ground and in air. But anyway. let's see what happens.

On the contrary, there is a reason as to why Netanyahu rebuffed Blinken's earnest 'humanitarian pause' request.
But we will see...

Three Israelis, a former peace negotiator, the ex-head of the Shin Bet (Israel's internal intelligence agency) and a tech entrepreneur, wrote an article in the journal Foreign Affairs saying that Mr Netanyahu should not have any part of the war and whatever follows. The Israeli PM has loyal supporters, but he has lost the confidence of prominent figures in Israel's military and security establishment.

Noam Tibon, the retired general who fought his way into kibbutz Nahal Oz to rescue his family, compares Mr Netanyahu to Neville Chamberlain, the British prime minister who was forced to resign in 1940, and replaced by Winston Churchill.

Tibon told me: "This is the biggest failure in the history of the state of Israel. It was a military failure. It was an intelligence failure. And it was the failure of the government… the one really in charge - and all the blame is on him - is the prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu… He is in charge of the biggest failure in the history of Israel."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom