What's new

Gaps in US Missile Defenses

sigatoka said:
lol, i guess getting a high distinction in phyics high school just doesnt cut it anymore.
Do they teach re-entry in high school physics? Escape velocity, Ballistic trajectory is all basic stuff, but not the re-entry.

John, I thot you are a teenager, dont know why ;) Its pretty interesting that you guys decide to settle in Texas those days, coz I heard California was the "in" thing then after NY, CHG areas.

Jay_ said:
Do they teach re-entry in high school physics? Escape velocity, Ballistic trajectory is all basic stuff, but not the re-entry.

Actually they did teach us about parabollic paths and so on, it was the first chapter of the two year course. Its been 2.5 yrs since iv done any though, so dont ask for help.

sigatoka said:
Actually they did teach us about parabollic paths and so on, it was the first chapter of the two year course. Its been 2.5 yrs since iv done any though, so dont ask for help.
Ask for help from a high schooler?? :lol: I specifically asked for re-entry, did they teach about re-entry in that course?

Dude, I have a engineering Masters degree under my belt, so you better watch your attitude.

sigatoka said:
The attack on pearl harbour was by a few aircraft carriers along with their support ships. This armada was not spotted by the U.S. untill the bombs started falling, why would a single ship in the middle of the ocean be very easy to spot now?

The attack on Pearl Harbour was NOT by a 'few' aircraft. And the 'armada' was not spotted because as far as I remember, the Armada stopped well outside the radar range. The incoming aircraft WERE spotted by the land-based radars but were mistaken for US' own bombers coming back. It was the most basic of all 'intelligence failures'.

And there weren't hundreds of spy-satellites in space as there are now. Tracking a single ship or sub these days is no biggie.

Jay_ said:
Ask for help from a high schooler?? :lol: I specifically asked for re-entry, did they teach about re-entry in that course?

Dude, I have a engineering Masters degree under my belt, so you better watch your attitude.

Good 4 u, so u can help build infrastructure for the millions of indians without sanitation, water and electricity. Stick your attitute up your ***.

sigatoka said:
Good 4 u, so u can help build infrastructure for the millions of indians without sanitation, water and electricity. Stick your attitute up your ***.
Did I hit the wrong nerve, anyway, atleast my "attitude" is way better than a high schooler, who wants to shoot ICBM's from a surface ship :lol: :lol: High distinction, my foot :lol:

And btw, the word you are looking for is "attitude"

Jay_ said:
Did I hit the wrong nerve, anyway, atleast my "attitude" is way better than a high schooler, who wants to shoot ICBM's from a surface ship :lol: :lol: High distinction, my foot :lol:

And btw, the word you are looking for is "attitude"

Hey **** for brains, im finishing my degree this semester and do i have to post all my results up?

The problem with you is your indian eduction with emphasis on rote learning. You never ask why, merely accepting everything as is. Had everyone in society been like you, we would still be ploughing land with bullocks. (Oh sorry, indians still are)

Pak. will prob. put nuclear tipped missiles on ships before it does on submarines, so maybe the idea is not so far fetched after all. Not every nation has around 400 billion to piss off, some have to make their budgets count.

sigatoka said:
Pak. will prob. put nuclear tipped missiles on ships before it does on submarines, so maybe the idea is not so far fetched after all. Not every nation has around 400 billion to piss off, some have to make their budgets count.

Not in your lifetime.

sigatoka said:
Hey **** for brains, im finishing my degree this semester and do i have to post all my results up?
I dont know about the "degree" that you got, but for sure, none of the grads here dont want to put ICBM's on surface ships :lol:

The problem with you is your indian eduction with emphasis on rote learning. You never ask why, merely accepting everything as is. Had everyone in society been like you, we would still be ploughing land with bullocks. (Oh sorry, indians still are)
Passing $hit a$$ comments on the fly, arent we?? do you even know where I live and where I got my education :lol:
And what about Pakistan?? Dont they have bullocks anymore? May be yopu should visit China once and see how they do farming :bunny:

You are not going to stop this idiocy?? putting nuclear missiles on surface fleet :woot:

Sid said:
The attack on Pearl Harbour was NOT by a 'few' aircraft. And the 'armada' was not spotted because as far as I remember, the Armada stopped well outside the radar range. The incoming aircraft WERE spotted by the land-based radars but were mistaken for US' own bombers coming back. It was the most basic of all 'intelligence failures'.

And there weren't hundreds of spy-satellites in space as there are now. Tracking a single ship or sub these days is no biggie.

Also, there is plenty of talk now of how Churchill and FDR actually knew about the operation. They both wanted the US in the war. Ever wonder how come the carrier groups left the harbour just 24 hours earlier? A lot of the warships that got hit were actually WWI era. They would have been no match for the likes of the Bismark etc. That's a whole different topic though.

TexasJohn said:
Also, there is plenty of talk now of how Churchill and FDR actually knew about the operation. They both wanted the US in the war. Ever wonder how come the carrier groups left the harbour just 24 hours earlier? A lot of the warships that got hit were actually WWI era. They would have been no match for the likes of the Bismark etc. That's a whole different topic though.

Its funny that people believe this outrageous theory, its just like people who say the CIA was resp. for Sept 11.

Jay_ said:
do you even know where I live and where I got my education

You are not going to stop this idiocy?? putting nuclear missiles on surface fleet :woot:

I dont know, let me guess.......at the back of some dogdy printing shop in some indian village?

Its not idiotic when sub. cost upwards of $200 million a piece. Even Russia doesnt put many strategic nuclear missiles on submarines. Only U.S., Britian and France put a lot of nuclear missiles on their subs, because they have a lot of resources to spend (or waste.)

sigatoka said:
Its funny that people believe this outrageous theory, its just like people who say the CIA was resp. for Sept 11.

Don't you have some homework to do there for your high school?:rolleyes:

sigatoka said:
Its not idiotic when sub. cost upwards of $200 million a piece. Even Russia doesnt put many strategic nuclear missiles on submarines. Only U.S., Britian and France put a lot of nuclear missiles on their subs, because they have a lot of resources to spend (or waste.)

With your idiotic postings, you should go back to high school

From http://www.thebulletin.org/article_nn.php?art_ofn=ma05norris, Russian has 192 SLBMs with a total of 672 warheads. That's more than both the UK and France combined.

Back
Top Bottom