What's new

Gaming PC Builds Discussion (Please post your builds, questions, basic comments.)

sEoulman556

Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of
As the title describes, this thread is for the general discussion about building gaming PCs. If you have any questions or comments, please do your posts as respectfully as possible. Members should post their gaming PC builds to show everybody what they have and at least three games they play on their gaming PC. If you have any questions about building a gaming PC, please DEFINITELY feel free to post your questions. No discussion of politics of any kind, thank you. To start this thread, I will post my build first.

Current games being played - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass Bundle Edition, The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Enhanced Edition

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6Ghz
GPU: GeForce GTX 750 TI EVGA FTW W/ ACX 2GB Edition
RAM: G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-8GAB
Monitor: 1680x1050 Samsung T220HD 22 inch
Hard Drive: Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB
Direct X: DX11
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4
Case: Thermaltake V3 Black Edition
PSU: Thermaltake SP-650P 650W
Headset: Skullcandy Hesh 2
Keyboard: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500
Mouse: Logitech M110

Last edited:
Great thread m8 well i am going to build a new gaming PC in 2-3 months current one is just too old currently playing HOI3, War thunder Red orchestra 2 and ETS2 on pc rest on consoles. But i am confused between 750 and 950 :/

I have not assemble a Gaming PC,but bought a ASUS ROG series from EBAY India,and it's the best system for just 70 k,in India.

Asus ROG GL552 Gaming Laptop With 15.6-Inch Display Launched at Rs. 70,999

by Robin Sinha , 26 June 2015

asus_rog_gl552.jpg

Asus on Thursday launched its ROG GL552 gaming laptop in India, at a price tag of Rs. 70,999. The high-end laptop is available in Black+Gray colour variant to purchase from leading e-commerce websites.

The Windows 8.1-based ROG GL552 features a 15.6-inch full-HD (1920×1080 pixels) resolution IPS backlit display with an aspect ratio of 16:9, and a 178-degree viewing angle. It is powered by a fourth-generationIntel Core i7-4720HQ processor (4 cores, 8 threads, 2.6GHz base clock, 3.6GHz Turbo) with 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM (upgradable) and Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M (N16P-GT) for handling graphic intensive games and applications. Intel HD Graphics 4600 also comes integrated inside the laptop.

Besides an HD webcam, the Asus ROG GL552 houses a 1TB (7200RPM) SATA 2.5-inch HDD and an optical drive. In the connectivity section, the gaming laptop includes a RJ45 Ethernet jack, a headphone and mic combo jack, a VGA port (D-Sub), three USB 3.0 ports, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, and one HDMIport. A SD card reader alongside a built-in speaker and microphone is also included. It weighs 2.6kgs, and measures 382×255×16-32.6mm. It runs on a 48WHr 4-cell Li-ion battery.

Some of the other features bundled with the Asus ROG GL552 gaming laptop are SonicMaster and AudioWizard-powered audio, and easy-touch low profile keys including a highlighted WASD key group. It also comes bundled with a gaming headset, mouse, and carry bag.

"We are extremely elated to announce gaming without limits with the launch of ROG GL552. Backed by high strength, it takes design aesthetics a notch higher with F22 stealth fighter-inspired design that commands the game. It brings the best of Intel and Microsoft integrated into the device to endow it with maximum gaming capabilities," said Peter Chang, Regional Head, South Asia & Country Manager, System Business Group, Asus India during the launch.

Download the Gadgets 360 app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with the latest tech news, product reviews, and exclusive deals on the popular mobiles.

Asus ROG GL552 Gaming Laptop With 15.6-Inch Display Launched at Rs. 70,999 | NDTV Gadgets360.com

A budget build here.
Go for a used i5 2nd Gen + H61 Setup if it's available to you.
you might be able to save some cash which you can utilize getting yourself a decent GPU
also you don't need a fancy motherboard, it won't get you more performance at all by itself.
bear in your mind that i5 2nd to 5th gen all are almost equivalent in performance when used alongside a Dedicated GPU so save cash and go for the 2nd Gen that is almost in every way as good as a 5th gen in performance with a seperate Graphic Card

i want to buy a gaming laptop both for online and install games and my budget is 1500$$ any suggestions guys??

i want to buy a gaming laptop both for online and install games and my budget is 1500$$ any suggestions guys??
If you need a lappy try for ASUS ROG series or Alienware (1400+ i think).

Great thread m8 well i am going to build a new gaming PC in 2-3 months current one is just too old currently playing HOI3, War thunder Red orchestra 2 and ETS2 on pc rest on consoles. But i am confused between 750 and 950 :/
Any thing less than 960 is old now. Infact 960 is becoming pretty standard in most of the laptops now a days. Get a 960 + skylake i5.

I have not assemble a Gaming PC,but bought a ASUS ROG series from EBAY India,and it's the best system for just 70 k,in India.

Asus ROG GL552 Gaming Laptop With 15.6-Inch Display Launched at Rs. 70,999

by Robin Sinha , 26 June 2015

asus_rog_gl552.jpg

Asus on Thursday launched its ROG GL552 gaming laptop in India, at a price tag of Rs. 70,999. The high-end laptop is available in Black+Gray colour variant to purchase from leading e-commerce websites.

The Windows 8.1-based ROG GL552 features a 15.6-inch full-HD (1920×1080 pixels) resolution IPS backlit display with an aspect ratio of 16:9, and a 178-degree viewing angle. It is powered by a fourth-generationIntel Core i7-4720HQ processor (4 cores, 8 threads, 2.6GHz base clock, 3.6GHz Turbo) with 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM (upgradable) and Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M (N16P-GT) for handling graphic intensive games and applications. Intel HD Graphics 4600 also comes integrated inside the laptop.

Besides an HD webcam, the Asus ROG GL552 houses a 1TB (7200RPM) SATA 2.5-inch HDD and an optical drive. In the connectivity section, the gaming laptop includes a RJ45 Ethernet jack, a headphone and mic combo jack, a VGA port (D-Sub), three USB 3.0 ports, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, and one HDMIport. A SD card reader alongside a built-in speaker and microphone is also included. It weighs 2.6kgs, and measures 382×255×16-32.6mm. It runs on a 48WHr 4-cell Li-ion battery.

Some of the other features bundled with the Asus ROG GL552 gaming laptop are SonicMaster and AudioWizard-powered audio, and easy-touch low profile keys including a highlighted WASD key group. It also comes bundled with a gaming headset, mouse, and carry bag.

"We are extremely elated to announce gaming without limits with the launch of ROG GL552. Backed by high strength, it takes design aesthetics a notch higher with F22 stealth fighter-inspired design that commands the game. It brings the best of Intel and Microsoft integrated into the device to endow it with maximum gaming capabilities," said Peter Chang, Regional Head, South Asia & Country Manager, System Business Group, Asus India during the launch.

Download the Gadgets 360 app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with the latest tech news, product reviews, and exclusive deals on the popular mobiles.

Asus ROG GL552 Gaming Laptop With 15.6-Inch Display Launched at Rs. 70,999 | NDTV Gadgets360.com
Prices in india are very high and most of the systems are nearly going out of the market.
Even walmart gives a good system for nearly the same price.
ASUS Metallic 15.6" GL552VW-DH71 Laptop PC with Intel Core i7-6700HQ Processor, 16GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive and Windows 10 - Walmart.com

If you need a lappy try for ASUS ROG series or Alienware (1400+ i think).

Any thing less than 960 is old now. Infact 960 is becoming pretty standard in most of the laptops now a days. Get a 960 + skylake i5.
nah i am a Console gamer actually i only play sims and RTS,GTS type games on PC and not heavy duty games like GTA witcher etc so i don't need such a heavy duty graphic card and pc components are expensive here in ME

nah i am a Console gamer actually i only play sims and RTS,GTS type games on PC and not heavy duty games like GTA witcher etc so i don't need such a heavy duty graphic card and pc components are expensive here in ME
Hmm ok. But keep in mind if you have a 2k monitor these cards wont have the ram/processing power to drive it.

As the title describes, this thread is for the general discussion about building gaming PCs. If you have any questions or comments, please do your posts as respectfully as possible. Members should post their gaming PC builds to show everybody what they have and at least three games they play on their gaming PC. If you have any questions about building a gaming PC, please DEFINITELY feel free to post your questions. No discussion of politics of any kind, thank you. To start this thread, I will post my build first.

Current games being played - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass Bundle Edition, The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Enhanced Edition

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6Ghz
GPU: GeForce GTX 750 TI EVGA FTW W/ ACX 2GB Edition
RAM: G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-8GAB
Monitor: 1680x1050 Samsung T220HD 22 inch
Direct X: DX11
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4
Case: Thermaltake V3 Black Edition
PSU: Thermaltake SP-650P 650W
Headset: Skullcandy Hesh 2
Keyboard: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500
Mouse: Logitech M110

I have a relativly tight budget gaming PC, but still pretty good nontheless. I can run most games on atleast high or very high. Tried playing really graphic intense games like Metro and it ran smoothly. I played Shadow of Mordor aswell, it ran perfectly without any problems(great game aswell, a bit repetitive but great nontheless.)

Current games that i am playing are: Fallout 4, Battlefield 4, League of Legends and Civilization V.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.8Ghz Quad Core (4th gen Haswell)
GPU: GeForce GTX-770 MSI 2GB
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2 x 4GB
Monitor: 1 x LG 23MP67VQ-P Black 23 inch 1920x1080
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD
Case: Aerocool GT Black Edition
PSU: Corsair CX600M
Keyboard: Sharkoon Skiller
Mouse: Sharkoon Dragonia

Cost = ~1000 Euro's.

Latest posts

Back