What's new

[Gallery] Iran - Iraq war

Well, it's not exactly a secret. Anybody that says otherwise is either uniformed or lying. It was Iraq and arabs that started the war and it was Iran that kept it going after 82. I've never been able to criticize the akhoonds on this specific case b/c of what I said earlier. A ceasefire could have been a very costly mistake in 82. Iraq would have ended the war at a high at that point and by a large margin (Saddam's military was better than what he had in the beginning, Iran was sanctioned while Iraq wasn't, Iraqi oil infrastructure was still doing okay, arab cash was flowing in, Iraqi civilian infrastructure was still okay etc...). Iraq needed to be crippled before a ceasefire was signed. That makes too much sense to me.

P.S. was in Calgary for half a day yesterday and holy fuckity **** the Iranian food in Calgary is head and shoulders above the garbage you find in Vancouver. In Vancouver they've all turned into fast food joints with garbage meat. Atlas in downtown Calgary, if you go there hit it up. Just don't blow up the place. Need that place standing for next time I go there.

LoL. That's a wicked joke. I take it with a smile. Let's fight some time next week.

Saddam was responsible for the first 20 months of war, in which Iran managed to drive them out of Khoramshahr, and important regions of Iran. Iran had 10% of her casualties during this time.
Mullahs are responsible for the 74 months of war after that, in which they gained nothing and also lost the compensation for war, offered by islamic and arab countries on behalf of Iraq. Also, 90% of casualties of Iran happened during this time. Iraq used chemical weapons during this time, mullahs sent child soldiers to the fronts during this time, and also political prisoners were massacred during this time.

1- In 1975 Algiers Agreement was signed between Iran and Iraq to solve boundary disputes amongst 2 countries which was torn to pieces later on by Iraqi president Saddam on Iraq's national TV in 1980.
2- 5 days later Saddam started his invasion by more than nine tank divisions against Iran.
3 - Therefore we were not aggressor.
4 - Non of the ceasefires proposals and resolutions offered and made by different players during war didn't determine aggressor and compensation and respecting pre-war borders until 598 resolution, indeed there was no serious peace proposal till 1986 except some "no peace no war" ones while Iraq was in our soil.
5 - Iran liberated Khoramshar while 5000 kms of Iran territories were still in the hands of Iraqis which made it impossible for Iran to think about peace, Saddam could have withdrawn from Iran territories to back Iran-iraq borders base upon Algiers Agreement what he didn't.
6 - Saddam attacked its own people by chemical weapons who can trust him?

Therefore it wasn't possible for Iran to trust Saddam, no one from outside came to our aid we were on our own.​

Last edited:
Tenth armoured division - 15/03/85
5d2e1dd4275ca3a3e34be4da0f72c1fd.png

Air defence

7f5509ea6f9b52f31846621740965484.png

Picture of General Noori Dawood - commander of the second armoured regiment - 1988 during the battle to free al faw

9be5e7c9fb61aa05e7d0690b0324f6f0.png

47e4bb739c84dc90bae46fd379abe756.png

1988 generals of intelligence and reconnaissance in Basra

24f452b57d7851c3ca02ddfad1768249.png

artillery team

f235164978f97c39555b82875b32029d.jpg

Scud missile

d4b26160056bad08d50cd9dd3afcac96.png

34e04ddbf47abb6c1e3584ce07086d88.png

f6333be711fbcc8b4ca8f3d69f170062.png

3c2db4387d29eeef54fbe95ce7ff5cd2.jpg

Iraqi soldiers stand inside Iranian Mahrma port 1980
4786d66cabc28ba8e5e7d6b7e2927d99.jpg

I wish that my Iranian friends for the sake of our neiborhood for the sake of our partisipated long history for the sake of our relationship shut and delete this thread.

this one is the darkest period in our time and history I mean this war.

there is no any prideness in it we just killed our people in that war.

we need to forget it we need to pass on I hate every single second of it.

That's my hope to you to shut this thread thanks.

I wish that my Iranian friends for the sake of our neiborhood for the sake of our partisipated long history for the sake of our relationship shut and delete this thread.

Mate , it's ok . take it easy. that war is over . look at Germany and France. they had dark history too but how about now ?

i would like to assure you that this thread is not made to spread hate and people are not here to judge each other .

it's just about history and the lesson all of us should get . we shouldn't forget it . if we forget we may repeat it again . but

if we feel the pain of war, we will never repeat it .indeed it's a nice place for peace . all Iraqi and Iranian friends can

post photos from all perspectives of that war . here is a place to enjoy the valuable peace . That's it man .

Mate , it's ok . take it easy. that war is over . look at Germany and France. they had dark history too but how about now ?

i would like to assure you that this thread is not made to spread hate and people are not here to judge each other .

it's just about history and the lesson all of us should get . we shouldn't forget it . if we forget we may repeat it again . but

if we feel the pain of war, we will never repeat it .indeed it's a nice place for peace . all Iraqi and Iranian friends can

post photos from all perspectives of that war . here is a place to enjoy the valuable peace . That's it man .
Although I have for long shouted for this thread not to be updated, and that literally positions me against your post here, but I think the mentality behind this post demands a positive rating, don't you think dear @Serpentine ?

You seem to underestimate Persians' nationalistic mind-set and their ability to hold grudges. Documentaries about the 8 years war are regularly broadcasted in Iranian TV. Pictures of the war’s killed soldiers are widely seen around the streets of big cities, and perhaps small towns. The soldiers' cemeteries are another story all together that they would even look like touristic areas (given the number of visitors that go in). In short, they live the war’s memories day and night. I must also say that the Iranian Regime considers the war's alleged victory to be one of its few widely recognized achievements (inside Iran at least).

I know of course how you will respond to this with your usual sectarian based B.S - but it doesn't harm anybody to hear words that they don't like to hear.

Last edited:
You seem to underestimate Persians' nationalistic mind-set and their ability to hold grudges. Documentaries about the 8 years war are regularly broadcasted in Iranian TV. Pictures of the war’s killed soldiers are widely seen around the streets of big cities, and perhaps small towns. The soldiers' cemeteries are another story all together that they would even look like touristic areas (given the number of visitors that go in). In short, they live the war’s memories day and night. I must also say that the Iranian Regime considers the war's alleged victory to be one of its widely recognized achievements (inside Iran at least).

I know of course how you will respond to this with your usual sectarian based B.S - but it doesn't harm anybody to hear words that they don't like to hear.

And you are too obsessed with Persians. Here I thought you were a decent and knowledgeable person, again I'm proved wrong, and disappointed. You are no different than your counterparts, especially those hot headed teenagers who are full of empty nationalism and void Pan Arab sentiments, just like any other stupid Pan- ideology.

We do remind ourselves of war times a lot, we do remember our martyrs a lot, but keep that in your mind, we don't hold even smallest amount of grudge against Iraqi people and they know it better than you. They also suffered a lot under the madmen and if they are to hold grudge against anybody, it's the fat sheikdoms that with their dirt cheap oil money, marched on Iraqi blood to reach their agenda, and they failed badly.

It wasn't only 'Persians' who fought in this war, it was all Iranians, from all different races, colors and ethnicity who stood against the madman's aggression and ironically, the first people who stood against the madman in very first days, were Iranian Arabs, who along with their compatriots, fought the aggression and resisted for days, but Iraqi people are our great friends, we don't hold anything against them.

It was Turks, Lurs, Kurds, Persians, Balochs, Gilaks and others who held each others' hands and kicked out the enemy.
I know as a person living in country with basis of tribalism with no true history as a nation state, such terms might not be so easy to understand for you and I wouldn't blame you at all. In a country that is built on the basis of tribes and families, such senses of patriotism may not have been defined very well.

Last edited:
You seem to underestimate Persians' nationalistic mind-set and their ability to hold grudges. Documentaries about the 8 years war are regularly broadcasted in Iranian TV. Pictures of the war’s killed soldiers are widely seen around the streets of big cities, and perhaps small towns. The soldiers' cemeteries are another story all together that they would even look like touristic areas (given the number of visitors that go in). In short, they live the war’s memories day and night. I must also say that the Iranian Regime considers the war's alleged victory to be one of its widely recognized achievements (inside Iran at least).

I know of course how you will respond to this with your usual sectarian based B.S - but it doesn't harm anybody to hear words they don't like to hear.

Iranians' interest and respect for their pure martyrs and their effort for keeping the memories of war alive has nothing to do with regime or racism .

We respect them and try not to forget their bravery and sacrifices because we owe them till the last day of our lives .

They'll be part of us as long as the sun rises and sets , They're the reason of today's stability and security in Iran , They are the reason of whatever we have .

So please stop ruining this thread with your hate against Iranians .

Last edited:
And you are too obsessed with Persians. Here I thought you were a decent and knowledgeable person, again I'm proved wrong, and disappointed. You are no different than your counterparts, especially those hot headed teenagers who are full of empty nationalism and void Pan Arab sentiments, just like any other stupid Pan- ideology.

We do remind ourselves of war times a lot, we do remember our martyrs a lot, but keep that in your mind, we don't hold even smallest amount of grudge against Iraqi people and they know it better than you. They also suffered a lot under the madmen and if they are to hold grudge against anybody, it's the fat sheikdoms that with their dirt cheap oil money, marched on Iraqi blood to reach their agenda, and they failed badly.

It wasn't only 'Persians' who fought in this war, it was all Iranians, from all different races, colors and ethnicity who stood against the madman's aggression and ironically, the first people who stood against the madman in very first days, were Iranian Arabs, who along with their compatriots, fought the aggression and resisted for days, but Iraqi people are our great friends, we don't hold anything against them.

It was Turks, Lurs, Kurds, Persians, Balochs, Gilaks and others who held each others' hands and kicked out the enemy.
I know as a person living in country with basis of tribalism with no true history as a nation state, such terms might not be so easy to understand for you and I wouldn't blame you at all. In a country that is built on the basis of tribes and families, such senses of patriotism may not have been defined very well.

Easy ... What @Full Moon said is a correct fact.
Most Persians(and many other Iranians) did/do not care about martyrs or their family, but as long as it can be used as a source of hatred against arabs, they will use it. it is an obvious fact. You may want to say that the ones who attended war, or their family had only positive motives, which is right, but it is another story from what typical Persians think.

Back
Top Bottom