u7gt0489lutwsvptuev2.jpg

kgx4l5meytynnzoptbj.jpg

i2rl7v7zqd79bdo63gc.jpg

IRIAF F-4 over Iraqi airfields

iraq-122.jpg

iraq-123.jpg

iraq-124.jpg

cphoto05.jpg

Within only few days after the start of the war, the Iraqi troops already learned to fear the attacks of the Iranian air force - especially the AGM-65 Maverick-armed F-4Es: the crew of this BMP-1 is evacuating their vehicle in hurry because of two Phantoms that appeared over the horizon.

op48h1ic0tob6of4c6c.jpg

Iranian_Soldiers_exit_a_Sikorsky_CH-53_of_IRIN.jpg

rmpzjycuum50j3dvt4bx.jpg

iraqi-Mirage-F1EQ.jpg

A French Air Force Mirage F1EQ (left – picture source: Ejection History website ) and another Iraqi Mirage F1EQ which was shot down near Ahvaz on January 15, 1986 (right – picture source: Farzad Bishop) – the doomed Mirage exploded in mid-air when struck by a HAWK ground to air missile – note smoke still emanating from the wreckage

babaie-Phantom-Iran.jpg

An F-4E lands after the conclusion of a successful mission during the Iran-Iraq war (date unknown). At the back-seat is war hero Lieutenant-General Abbas Babaie, who was at the time deputy-commander of the Iranian air force. Babaie also flew combat missions before finally being reportedly killed by Iraqi anti-aircraft fire (Picture Source: 2000, Air Forces Monthly Special: Classic Aircraft Series Number 1, “Combat over Iraq”).

Egyptian-Mirage-in-iraiq-service.jpg

An Egyptian Mirage 5-SDE on an Iraqi airfield partaking in special combat (electronic warfare) operations against Iranian forces at Fao in 1986. Note that the Egyptian markings have been removed (Picture Source: Cooper & Bishop, 2003, pp.243).

Su-25-shot-down-baneh.jpg

An Iraqi air force Su-25 (left – Picture source: Iran Defense Net - original owner of photo is Christopher Foss) and a Su-22M shot down near Baneh in northwest Iran on October 16, 1987 (right – picture source: Farzad Bishop). The doomed Sukhoi was first targeted for termination by an Iranian Tomcat forcing the Iraqi jet to dive extremely low - the Su-22 did this to avoid being blasted by the Tomcat’s Phoenix missile. This only led the doomed jet into the sights of Iranian 35mm anti-aircraft guns which shot down the aircraft.

k5cyh3dlfybrr94vu8qf.jpg

Baghdad air port during *Kaman-99* operation

xkcw7umqiu4jjzkokgg.jpg

Iraqi refinery (maybe in Kirkok city) during *Kaman-99* operation

GunCamera1_(640x530).jpg

Iraqi fighter burning in the air

Iranian frigate "Sahand" attacked by multiple rounds of AGM-84 and AGM-123 from both sides fired from US navy ship and US navy jets :

Photo%20011.jpg

sahand-prayingmantis.jpg

IranianNavy.jpg

Tomb of Iranian soldiers martyred by American Navy

Mantis_memorial.jpg

I'm always shocked when I see those pics of Iranian jets bombing Iraqi jets/tanks right on their bases. Same thing happened in 91 and 03 when USA attacked them.

That's why whenever I see all these arab countries ordering all these jets and equipment I think nothing of it. They seem to order stuff the same way some women buy shoes (just for the shits and giggles). They neither have any way of protecting their stuff nor can they even get them off in the air on time. I believe Israelis have similar pics of their wars against arab armies from the old days.

In a blink of an eye 40-50 jets and billions of dollars of equipment in the base can go up in flames with just one attack.

I'm always shocked when I see those pics of Iranian jets bombing Iraqi jets/tanks right on their bases. Same thing happened in 91 and 03 when USA attacked them.

That's why whenever I see all these arab countries ordering all these jets and equipment I think nothing of it. They seem to order stuff the same way some women buy shoes (just for the shits and giggles). They neither have any way of protecting their stuff nor can they even get them off in the air on time. I believe Israelis have similar pics of their wars against arab armies from the old days.

In a blink of an eye 40-50 jets and billions of dollars of equipment in the base can go up in flames with just one attack.

Iraqi air force was no match whatsoever to the Iranian air force and nevertheless managed to throw Iran 30 years back which is bigger and more populated by several times. Iraq forces killed 320,000–720,000 Iranian soldiers with more than $500 billion loss.

However, do you know what are those? Those are some of Iranian equipment were captured by Iraq and handed over to Jordan:

Iraq
R: Jordan 36

M-60A1 Patton-2 Tank 1980 1980 36 Captured from Iran and transferred to Jordan; aid
m60j.jpg

- 1 Chieftain Mk-3 Tank 1988 1988 1 Ex-Iranian; captured by Iraq and given to Jordan
- (89) Chieftain Mk-5 Tank 1988 1988 (89) Ex-Iranian; captured by Iraq and given to Jordan; incl some Chieftain ARV version

1283538493_Khalid.jpg

- 35 M-113 APC 1988 1988 35 M-113A1 version; captured by Iraq from Iran and transferred to Jordan; aid

M113A2_MK-1J_KADDB_Jordan_Sofex_2004_01.jpg

- (60) M-47 Patton Tank 1988 1988 (60) Ex-Iranian tanks captured by Iraq and given to Jordan; incl some M-48A5 tanks
MAP_II_heavy_tracked_armoured_vehicle_personnel_carrier_KADDB_Jordan_Jordanian_002.jpg

- 19 Scorpion Light tank 1988 1988 19 Captured by Iraq from Iran and transferred to Jordan; aid

wh65830865.jpg

So plz get down to earth and be real...

After the liberation of Khoramshahr in 82, Saddam ordered all his troops back to the Iran-Iraq border and completely out of Iran. He then executed General Juwad Shitnah, General Salah al-Qadhi, and Colonel Masa abd al-Jalil as punishment for losing all the Iranian territory that they had gained.

I searched for their pics online but couldn't find any. There seems to be a huge lack of pics/videos from the Iraqi side. You go on youtube and it's all from our side. Even Western sources always use Iranian sources and even mostly post Iranian pics and videos.
@BLACKEAGLE

Do you know of a thread like this but on an arab forum? I want to see the war from the other side. There's a video of Saddam ordering a bunch of his own peopel for execution. He walks up to the podium, lights a big cigar and starts reading names. They're all regime people and they're all from the audience. They individually get taken to the back and are shot. Is that from the war or from prior to that???

Last edited by a moderator:
After the liberation of Khoramshahr in 82, Saddam ordered all his troops back to the Iran-Iraq border and completely out of Iran. He then executed General Juwad Shitnah, General Salah al-Qadhi, and Colonel Masa abd al-Jalil as punishment for losing all the Iranian territory that they had gained.

I searched for their pics online but couldn't find any. There seems to be a huge lack of pics/videos from the Iraqi side. You go on youtube and it's all from our side. Even Western sources always use Iranian sources and even mostly post Iranian pics and videos.
@BLACKEAGLE

Do you know of a thread like this but on an arab forum? I want to see the war from the other side. There's a video of Saddam ordering a bunch of his own peopel for execution. He walks up to the podium, lights a big cigar and starts reading names. They're all regime people and they're all from the audience. They individually get taken to the back and are shot. Is that from the war or from prior to that???

Yes, they had used to be his comrades accused of plotting to overthrow him, they were all executed. And yes, Iraqi side lacks pictures and that's because all the spotlights were on Saddam...:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Iraqi air force was no match whatsoever to the Iranian air force and nevertheless managed to throw Iran 30 years back which is bigger and more populated by several times. Iraq forces killed 320,000–720,000 Iranian soldiers with more than $500 billion loss.

However, do you know what are those? Those are some of Iranian equipment were captured by Iraq and handed over to Jordan:

Iran lost 100 Chieftain tanks early in the war. It's actually well known b/c that was the start of the whole "to hell with conventional tactics" era in Iran.

I don't understand why instead of discussing my points you become offensive and throw random info around which aren't even entirely correct.

1) Iran at the time had only a pop'n of 30 mln. I'm not sure where you're getting ""several times" from.

2) Both Iran and Iraq suffered the exact same amount of economic damage (est at more than half a trillion each).

3) By 1999 Iran had recovered. Iran's GDP returned to pre-war lvls by 1999. Iraq's GDP only returned to pre-war lvls in 2007 (thanks to american oil companies).

4) Iran lost more people b/c of our human wave attack tactics, not b/c Iraq was doing smtg better than us. In every operation that we won in the war, we lost more than the Iraqis. We won those operations b/c of our tactics.

5) The number of captured Iraqi equipment by Iran is multiple times higher than vice versa. By 82 we had "captured over 450 tanks and armoured personnel carriers."
Fire in the Hills: Iranian and Iraqi Battles of Autumn 1982

6) Earlier I talked about Iraqi tanks/jets being targetted on the ground. You can read about it. Operation H3 was on the Jordanian border. In total Iraq lost more than 50 jets/hellis on the ground in the first 2 years.

Iran lost 100 Chieftain tanks early in the war. It's actually well known b/c that was the start of the whole "to hell with conventional tactics" era in Iran. Please be respectful, b/c I know you can be. You sometimes go wahabi on us and that's when discussions go south.
:lol:
I am not offensive but real, there is a difference, you showed Iraq like it was wiped out in few minutes without resistance. Iraq sucked at all of it's wars and that's due to factors, mainly for appointing generals based on their loyalty rather than professionalism, and following eastern doctrine in building up massive numbers on the expense of quality and training. But Iran even sucked more at the war and got massive losses.
I don't understand why instead of discussing my points you become offensive and throw random info around which aren't even entirely correct.
What were you talking? You simply were saying that Arabs can't fight and they always get beaten up, and that's not true, they lost wars in 20th century but who haven't lost wars? why do you ignore all that long history filled with glorious victories being thought in Western and Eastern war academies until now after hundreds of years?

1) Iran at the time had only a pop'n of 30 mln. I'm not sure where you're getting ""several times" from.
Sources plz.
2) Both Iran and Iraq suffered the exact same amount of economic damage (est at more than half a trillion each).
Fair ennough.
3) By 1999 Iran had recovered. Iran's GDP returned to pre-war lvls by 1999. Iraq's GDP only returned to pre-war lvls in 2007 (thanks to american oil companies).
OH Really, it's like you don't know what happened to Iraq after 1990?!
4) Iran lost more people b/c of our human wave attack tactics, not b/c Iraq was doing smtg better than us. In every operation that we won in the war, we lost more than the Iraqis. We won those operations b/c of our tactics.

You won battles but what about the war.
5) The number of captured Iraqi equipment by Iran is multiply ties higher than vice versa. By 82 we had "captured over 450 tanks and armoured personnel carriers."
Fire in the Hills: Iranian and Iraqi Battles of Autumn 1982

6) Earlier I talked about Iraqi tanks/jets being targetted on the ground. You can read about it. Operation H3 was on the Jordanian border. In total Iraq lost more than 50 jets/hellis on the ground in the first 2 years.

I think sources are available, I get you more numbers, but let it to people to check, however, when I want to read about wars I avoid reading it from involved parties sources even wars my country involved in because I am intrested in the truth not imagery victories and heroism.

Back
Top Bottom