What's new

Galaxy S3 or S4 Mini??? (IT guys come in)

Neptune

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
@Sinan @WebMaster @Aeronaut @Hyperion @Dillinger @Alpha1 @Slav Defence @Kaan @T-123456 @Armstrong @KingMamba and all...

Alright guys,

I have 1060 TRY ($480) cash. At 23rd March, I'll have YGS exams. I decided to buy a new phone. I've been using iOS for over 5 years (iPhone 4S, iPhone 3 before). I'm sick of it despite the iOS 7 update and I have a crack on it. So I'll buy a new mobile, iPhone is retired from service for me forever. I looked in and found Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S4 Mini as suitable. I can't personally affort S4, so count it out. I'll use the phone mostly for:

1- Web browsing. I connect to net through mobile more than PC.

2- WhatsApp, Tango, Opera Web Browser and Tweeter only.

3- Camera is also important for me.

4- RAM, CPU

5- Speed, I don't want to see it becoming a turtle speed.

6- Apps. There are at least 20 apps I use which probably about only 4 of them are games. Rest are news, military&defence equipment, dictionary, sailing, landmarks...etc.

7- Watching videos online. S3 takes the way at this for sure, but I'd like to see a comparison. This (7th) factor is the least important for me.

Alright guys what do you say, I need guidance. I don't know which to choose. Half of my friends say S3, other half says the otherwise. If you have alternative models to offer, don't hesitate to post.

Kiddo, go for anything Samsung... I myself, am sort of, tired of iPhone.... though being a diehard Apple fanboy.... can't take it anymore....

@Sinan @WebMaster @Aeronaut @Hyperion @Dillinger @Alpha1 @Slav Defence @Kaan @T-123456 @Armstrong @KingMamba and all...

Alright guys,

I have 1060 TRY ($480) cash. At 23rd March, I'll have YGS exams. I decided to buy a new phone. I've been using iOS for over 5 years (iPhone 4S, iPhone 3 before). I'm sick of it despite the iOS 7 update and I have a crack on it. So I'll buy a new mobile, iPhone is retired from service for me forever. I looked in and found Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S4 Mini as suitable. I can't personally affort S4, so count it out. I'll use the phone mostly for:

4- RAM, CPU

6- Apps. There are at least 20 apps I use which probably about only 4 of them are games. Rest are news, military&defence equipment, dictionary, sailing, landmarks...etc.

7- Watching videos online. S3 takes the way at this for sure, but I'd like to see a comparison. This (7th) factor is the least important for me.

Alright guys what do you say, I need guidance. I don't know which to choose. Half of my friends say S3, other half says the otherwise. If you have alternative models to offer, don't hesitate to post.

Alright guys,

4- RAM, CPU

I personally dont like the I phone operating systems but they have much better battery life than the s3 or s4 mini. The Glaxy S4 is quadcore whereas the S3 is dual core so it is already outdated as you know. The s4 is also dual core so its not much different power wise compared to the s3. Both have 8 mp cameras so in that sense they are even.

My opinion is to not buy either one and wait till the price of the S4 goes down or start selling simit on the side because if you buy the S3 or S4 mini it will just end up being a waste of money because it will become slow within a year as the apps begin to demand more cpu power and graphics. But because you don't use fancy apps I would go with the S3 because it has a larger screen. If you care about showing off get the S4 because then you don't look like a cheap ***.

I personally use the Lg optimus g. It is quad core and has an 8 mega pixel camera. I paid about $200 for a used one in excellent condition.

Kiddo, go for anything Samsung... I myself, am sort of, tired of iPhone.... though being a diehard Apple fanboy.... can't take it anymore....

come on...........tell something, i'll buy one of that two, help me out.....çok kararsızım bi şeyler söyle ya

Ok, then go for an S4..... feels nice.... specially the size of screen.......

I also bought one 2 months back and dropped it the moment I opened the box..... broke the screen..... wanted to replace it, however, the shop said it will cost USD210... so I said fukk it..... it's still in the box...... :P

come on...........tell something, i'll buy one of that two, help me out.....çok kararsızım bi şeyler söyle ya

Alright guys,

4- RAM, CPU

S3 regular is better than mini versions S4. I don't know if it is the same in Turkey but over here in the US the mini series are not even 4G compatible because they come from overseas so you are paying less but also getting less bang for your buck. Personally I was using regular s4 but I dropped it on the floor cracked the screen plus lsd so its garbage now. I went back to my old 4s and have been using that for about 6 months. I will be updating to Iphone 5S though in another month or so. I just prefer Iphone more than android. As for you S3 is best imo.

Best budget phone of the year is Motorola Moto G running on latest Kit Kat and get update straight from Google. No bloatware..quad core, 16GB, Premium solid design, 1GB RAM.. very affordable cost less than s3 and s4 mini

S3 is way better than S4 mini though if you want to pick between these two

Samsung Galaxy S4 mini vs Samsung Galaxy S III - Phone specs comparison

I personally dont like the I phone operating systems but they have much better battery life than the s3 or s4 mini. The Glaxy S4 is quadcore whereas the S3 is dual core so it is already outdated as you know. The s4 is also dual core so its not much different power wise compared to the s3. Both have 8 mp cameras so in that sense they are even.

My opinion is to not buy either one and wait till the price of the S4 goes down or start selling simit on the side because if you buy the S3 or S4 mini it will just end up being a waste of money because it will become slow within a year as the apps begin to demand more cpu power and graphics. But because you don't use fancy apps I would go with the S3 because it has a larger screen. If you care about showing off get the S4 because then you don't look like a cheap ***.

I personally use the Lg optimus g. It is quad core and has an 8 mega pixel camera. I paid about $200 for a used one in excellent condition.

ahaha. Well, actually my little brother has iphone 4s, I'd love to take it from him, but I had bought it to him at his birthday last year. So I'm kinda in a sweety bet with my father. He said "yirmi yaşındasın ve telefonunu hala ben mi alıcam". So I wanna win that. But there's also a very little possibility that I might choose iPhone 4 8GB (don't ask why), how's that when compared to others.

ahaha. Well, actually my little brother has iphone 4s, I'd love to take it from him, but I had bought it to him at his birthday last year. So I'm kinda in a sweety bet with my father. He said "yirmi yaşındasın ve telefonunu hala ben mi alıcam". So I wanna win that. But there's also a very little possibility that I might choose iPhone 4 8GB (don't ask why), how's that when compared to others.
I used that phone recently and it runs really slowly. It just cant handle the apps dont even think about it.

How much you would pay for that Iphone 4 8gb?

@Neptune would you be able to unlock phones in Turkey?

Yeah do you mean jailbreak or the thingy we do it to our passports?

Also 4 8gb is around 900 TRY but a very very close friend of mine has it at his gardrobe, it's brand new, he probably never opened it's box. Thats why I said it:)

Yeah do you mean jailbreak or the thingy we do it to our passports?

Also 4 8gb is around 900 TRY but a very very close friend of mine has it at his gardrobe, it's brand new, he probably never opened it's box. Thats why I said it:)

Nah jailbreak is different than unlock, unlock meaning so you can use the phone anywhere. If I bring an American phone to Turkey lets say would I be able to find a place to unlock it for me to use with local carriers?

Stay with Iphone. Am using S4 after iphone 4, will go back to iphone 6 end of this year.

Back
Top Bottom