What's new

Gagan to be Launched Tomorrow India to be 4th Country in the World to have

This is very confusing. :wacko:

What is actually being launch ? Who is launching it ? India ? Who is building the satellite ?

There is no such satellite being launch in December nor is such a satellite being planned for the rest of the year. Its this just a hoax ?

DecLaunches.jpg

Hey genius go through the details of GAGAN these satellites are already been launched. :woot:

Five ground stations and one master station isnt technological advanvement?
Chinese are launching Wide area augmentation satellite for Beidou in Geo stationary orbit,and there is no need for Pakistan to launch another...
Plus you need a dedicatec slot for your geo sat,and Pakistan curently,has only two slots,its getting crowded up there,beleive me..why should Pakistan lose one slot for an unwanted satellite which is already available via china?

My cable operator has more dish antenna's than SUPRACO ;):taz:

GPS-GLONASS-GAGAN module handed over to DRDO September 03, 2012 : Accord Software & Systems Pvt Ltd, a Bangalore based company carried out Research and Development in the areas of Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) and has developed a highly miniaturised module with all the available satellite constellations of GPS, GLONASS and GAGAN called G3oM for Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and handed over the same to Dr V.K. Saraswat, Director General, DRDO in a glittering ceremony held at Bangalore on September 1, 2012. G3oM a tiny module with a form factor of 40mm X 40mmx 6.8mm weighing just 17 grams can be used in variety of applications like aircraft, helicopters, mobile vehicles, boats, ships and survey applications. The component has got tremendous civilian use and can be produced in large numbers at a low cost. G3oM is a state-of-the-art technology receiver which integrates both GPS and Indian SBAS GAGAN and GLONASS systems. The algorithms designed to run on the modules are capable of providing superior time to fix signal sensitivity, accuracy along with integrity monitoring and anti-spoofing. The navigation output comprises of GPS, GLONASS and GPS+GLONASS position, speed and time data. G3oM supports a scalable architecture designed to cater to future navigation systems like IRNSS, GALILEO etc. G3oM is intended to be used in applications such as aircraft, UAVs, helicopters, tanks and for other low dynamics applications. The receiver has two antenna ports, each of which can accept signals from GPS, GLONASS and GAGAN satellites. The dual antenna architecture augments the receiver performance during vehicle maneuvers when only one antenna may have the unobstructed view at any given time. Multi constellation support removes dependency on GPS or GLONASS alone for navigation system and in addition enhances the reliability, integrity and availability of the navigation output as compared to a single constellation receiver. Accord gave a presentation on the Research work going on in the areas of GNSS and displayed the numerous products what have gone into Systems internationally. G. Satheesh Reddy, Scientist and Associate Director, RCI said the product is bringing a quantum jump in the area of GNSS Technology and paved the way for highly miniaturised GNSS systems including GALILEO, IRNSS, etc for the future. Dr S.K. Chaudhuri, Outstanding Scientist and Director RCI said, with the availability of System (SoC) and G3oM, Research Centre Imarat can now produce miniaturised avionics for variety of airborne applications. Avinash Chander, Distinguished Scientist and Chief Controller (R&D), DRDO congratulated Accord for developing such a state-of-the-art miniaturised module and emphasised that lot more research is required to be carried out in this futuristic areas of GNSS. Dr V.K. Saraswat, Scientific Advisor to Raksha Mantri said that this is an example where DRDO in collaboration with Private Industry has carried out Research in advanced areas and developed a product which finds its application extensively in Civilian Sectors. He said that other Private sector industries should also get into Research & development and produce Systems of world class standards. J. M. Sundaresan, Managing Director, Accord said that the company’s in-house R&D initiatives over the past two decades have resulted in leadership in the area of GNSS technology. This has enabled Accord to participate and contribute in the indigenous development of state-of-the-art G3oM product in partnership with DRDO. Accord has been participating in various key DRDO programs over the past two decades and is committed to supporting DRDO and the Nation in its self-reliance objectives

The GAGAN Chip is on sale now....
But i cant post the prices here...being on mobile..
Can some indian member do that?

@Safriz GAGAN is compatible with GPS and GLONASS that doesn't mean it is US tech or Russian tech. This technology was developed for India according to Indian requirements.
India can also help US or Russia by sharing the info or interact with GPS system or GLONASS.
There is a another project which is similar to GPS called IRNSS
Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GAGAN chip ??

Last edited by a moderator:
@Safriz GAGAN is compatible with GPS and GLONASS that doesn't mean it is US tech or Russian tech. This technology was developed for India according to Indian requirements.
India can also help US or Russia by sharing the info or interact with GPS system or GLONASS.
There is a another project which is similar to GPS called IRNSS
Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GAGAN chip ??

I wont discuss the matter any further on this thread as you guys are lacking very basic concepts about GNSS Augmentation.
GAGAN Augments GPS,which is purely american technology.
Please continue with the party...

I may open another thread for comparison and pointing out flaws and merits..unless an indian member wants to do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wont discuss the matter any further on this thread as you guys are lacking very basic concepts about GNSS Augmentation.

I may open another thread for comparison and pointing out flaws and merits..unless an indian member wants to do that?

This system will migrate to IRNSS once it becomes operational. GAGAN tech was developed by India. They are using GPS for now.

800px-SBAS_Service_Areas.png

Any GNSS Module that supports SBAS will do.Like Sirf,MTK.
GAGAN - PRN: 127 & 128,Band: L1 C/A & L5
Source

The GPS aided geo augmented navigation or GPS and geo-augmented navigation system (GAGAN) is a planned implementation of a regional satellite-based augmentation system (SBAS) by the Indian government. It is a system to improve the accuracy of a GNSS receiver by providing reference signals. The AAI’s efforts towards implementation of operational SBAS can be viewed as the first step towards introduction of modern communication, navigation, surveillance/Air Traffic Management system over Indian airspace.

The project involves establishment of 15 Indian Reference Stations, three Indian Navigation Land Uplink Stations, three Indian Mission Control Centers and installation of all associated software and communication links. GAGAN is planned to get into operation by the year 2014. It will be able to help pilots to navigate in the Indian airspace by an accuracy of 3 m. This will be helpful for landing aircraft in tough weather and terrain like Mangalore airport and Leh.

I smell something burning !!!

@topic, congrats to ISRO for achiveing one more milestone!

GAGAN augments both the American GPS and the Russian GLONASS. In the future it will augment the regional Indian IRNSS (or whatever it's called).

The key word in GAGAN is Augment. For those who don't understand this word...
aug·ment
/ôgˈment/
Verb
Make (something) greater by adding to it; increase: "he augmented his income by painting houses".
Noun
A vowel prefixed to past tenses of verbs in Greek and other Indo-European languages.
Synonyms
verb. increase - enlarge - enhance - grow - magnify - amplify
noun. increase - augmentation - increment

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom