What's new

Gagan to be Launched Tomorrow India to be 4th Country in the World to have

Five ground stations and one master station isnt technological advanvement?
Chinese are launching Wide area augmentation satellite for Beidou in Geo stationary orbit,and there is no need for Pakistan to launch another...
Plus you need a dedicatec slot for your geo sat,and Pakistan curently,has only two slots,its getting crowded up there,beleive me..why should Pakistan lose one slot for an unwanted satellite which is already available via china?

Even when you lease a transponder for TV transmission, you build ground stations. Although Pakistan's space program is older than India but failed to kick off

Even when you lease a transponder for TV transmission, you build ground stations. Although Pakistan's space program is older than India but failed to kick off

GAGAN is leased GPS Navstar satellite??? and based on American GPS...So what exactly are you trying to say?

Gagan payloads on Satellites

GSAT-8P is an Indian geostationary satellites, which was successfully launched using Ariane 5 on May 21, 2011 and is positioned in geosynchronous orbit at 55 degrees E longitude.

GSAT-10 is envisaged to augment the growing need of Ku and C-band transponders and carries 12 Ku Band, 12 C Band and 12 Extended C Band transponders and a GAGAN payload. The spacecraft employs the standard I-3K structure with power handling capability of around 6 kW with a lift off mass of 3400 kg. GSAT-10 was successfully launched by Ariane 5 on 29 September 2012.[4]

GSAT-9 will carry 12 Ku band transponders with India coverage beam and a GAGAN payload. The satellite is planned to be launched during 2013-14 by GSLV. The platform system is based on I-2K satellite with a liftoff mass of 2330 kg and payload power of 2300

GAGAN is leased GPS Navstar satellite??? and based on American GPS...So what exactly are you trying to say?

Do u have any source to prove ur claim that its leased GPS Navstar satellite, Mr Jr.Troll Tank....:D

Do u have any source to prove ur claim that its leased GPS Navstar satellite, Mr Jr.Troll Tank....:D

Gagan is Augmenting American GPS signal.The satellite used for wide area augmentation wasnt launched by india.
Pakistan is augmenting chinese Beidou.
The satellite's status isnt clear yet.
It may be PAKSAT-M1.
Or a deducated chinese geosat already up there.
SUPARCO eithersucks at PR...or doesnt want to make the details public,hence the confusion about satellite.

GOS navstar???

GPS Navstar..
I am commenting from a mobile...as usual.....so the typos...

Dependant on American GPS.
If they pull the plug..the augmentation wont work.
Thanks Mr.THINK Tank.
Just to add my bit GAGAN is an add-on service to improve the accuracy of GPS/GLONASS. Oh! yeah there's this GLONASS system from friends up north that works with GAGAN :woot: IRNSS is also coming up :rolleyes:

G3oM is a state-of-the-art technology receiver which integrates both GPS and Indian SBAS GAGAN and GLONASS systems. The algorithms designed to run on the modules are capable of providing superior time to fix signal sensitivity, accuracy along with integrity monitoring and anti-spoofing. The navigation output comprises of GPS, GLONASS and GPS+GLONASS position, speed and time data. G3oM supports a scalable architecture designed to cater to future navigation systems like IRNSS, GALILEO etc.

Corrections provided by GAGAN can added on to any GNSS sytem the only issues is the bands on which this data is relayed.

Gagan is Augmenting American GPS signal.The satellite used for wide area augmentation wasnt launched by india.
It may be PAKSAT-M1.
SUPARCO eithersucks at PR...or doesnt want to make the details public,hence the confusion about satellite.

GPS Navstar..
I am commenting from a mobile...as usual.....so the typos...

wrong ......

GSAT-8P is an Indian geostationary satellites, which was successfully launched using Ariane 5 on May 21, 2011 and is positioned in geosynchronous orbit at 55 degrees E longitude.

GSAT-10 is envisaged to augment the growing need of Ku and C-band transponders and carries 12 Ku Band, 12 C Band and 12 Extended C Band transponders and a GAGAN payload. The spacecraft employs the standard I-3K structure with power handling capability of around 6 kW with a lift off mass of 3400 kg. GSAT-10 was successfully launched by Ariane 5 on 29 September 2012.[4]

GSAT-9 will carry 12 Ku band transponders with India coverage beam and a GAGAN payload. The satellite is planned to be launched during 2013-14 by GSLV. The platform system is based on I-2K satellite with a liftoff mass of 2330 kg and payload power of 2300W

It may be PAKSAT-M1.

It wasn't launched by India bcoz currently(untill GSLV MK3 comes out) we don't have the capacity to launch heavy satellites in GEO, that doesn't mean that the satellite wasn't made it India or it was leased from US, the last GSAT launched in Oct 2012 was 3,400 kg satellite carrying GAGAN payload n it was launched from French Guena using Ariane n not US...

So please do some research before u start making random claims....

Thanks Mr.THINK Tank.
Just to add my bit GAGAN is an add-on service to improve the accuracy of GPS/GLONASS. Oh! yeah there's this GLONASS system from friends up north that works with GAGAN :woot: IRNSS is also coming up :rolleyes:

Corrections provided by GAGAN can added on to any GNSS sytem the only issues is the bands on which this data is relayed.

For now i will leave this thread for GAGAN discussiom....but watch this space..
A detailed comparison between GAGAN and Beidou Augmentation may appear on PDF within a week.

It may be PAKSAT-M1.

U proved my take on ur JTT tag, now many member are acknowledging that :lol:

This thread was about GAGAN but u were the one that brought Beidou into it just like the Brahmos thread where u posted about Chinese CM which was just in the prototype stage.

About ur queries:

GAGAN Satellite Based Navigation System - Indian Space Projects

GAGAN will be compatible with other Space Based Augmentation System such as the Wide Area Augmentation System of the U.S., the European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service and the Multi-functional Satellite Augmentation System of Japan and will provide seamless air navigation service across regional boundaries.

So each system has certain coverage & combining all systems can give complete world coverage, as for GAGAN:

gagancoverage.jpg

It amuses me when this type of comment is coming from think tank.

Yes the idea is from US but the technology and hardware involved is developed by India

“GAGAN will be the world’s most advanced air navigation system and further reinforces India’s leadership in the forefront of air navigation. GAGAN will greatly improve safety, reduce congestion and enhance communications to meet India’s growing air traffic management needs”

Back
Top Bottom