What's new

Future of Pakistans water once India blocks all routes?

Mwaleem24

New Recruit

Reaction score
Salaam,*

I recently came to find out most of pakistans rivers flow in via India, and as we know India is building dams on these.*

My concern /question is, if in future India blocks all water (by building dams) flowing into pakistan ,*What would pak do? No politically diplomatically or militarily as all these Methods will fail BECAUSE Pakistan so far as failed to prevent the current dams so it won't make any difference for future.

But I was asking practically what pak would do ? Like which other sources are in Pakistan that could compensate for loss done by India on Indus Ravi jehlum Chenab etc, could these be re-linked by canals irrigation to those affected areas?*

Would pakistan simply build more dams from its own rivers (which source are in Pakistan)? Would that be enough to make up?*

Or is it fair to say we would be literally BUST without Indias inflow of water? (although source are in china) as you know they come to us via india occupied Kashmir.
Pakistan has failed (lame effort) to prevent India building these dams and I guess will fail in future so I was just wondering what Pakistan will do to become self sufficient and dependant on its own?

Thank you ,*
P.s before any of you reply we can attack India et, please don't reply , because we didn't have the effort to even convey a strong verbal message tell them to stop , and they continued to build from 2002.*
I'm more after a practical solution Pakistan would come up with I.e utilise it's other resources , etc

If Pakistan fails diplomatically then the only way left would be too bomb Indian dams. If you don't want to take that as an option then just brace yourself for no water. Bombing Indian dams would trigger war though so that should be taken into account. IMO any future war will be the last war for Indo-Pak.

If Pakistan fails diplomatically then the only way left would be too bomb Indian dams. If you don't want to take that as an option then just brace yourself for no water. Bombing Indian dams would trigger war though so that should be taken into account. IMO any future war will be the last war for Indo-Pak.

bombing it. :lol: Halwa samjha hai kya. :lol:

i disagree-

I pity those who are struck by a bolt of information and insecurity overwhelms them. India and Pakistan have several treaties in place and any action by India that does not go in accordance with the agreed line can be challenged by appointing an arbitrator or by knocking on international courts.

So just relax. India will not do any of that you fear. Water is not a problem in the states of J&K + Punjab.

Well, the next issue is when to go to war. What if India diverts water slowly on a 10 year time frame and blame it on climate change. :chilli:

What about other sources of water that Are in Pakistan ? Like gomal khurram gilit rivers etc ? We have a dozen or so, also what about recycled *water ? Or good irrigation from our own water sources with drip technology?

Well I can sympathize with the Pakistanis.

If I were a Pakistani, god forbid, even I would be alarmed at the future given the rate at which the evil Indian govt is building dams/catchments/power-projects across all the major rivers.

ha ha why do we have to stop water flow when we have haarp technology......we can flood everyone out of Pakistan into the Arabian sea so that you can have all the water lol.....

Well I can sympathize with the Pakistanis.

If I were a Pakistani, god forbid, even I would be alarmed at the future given the rate at which the evil Indian govt is building dams/catchments/power-projects across all the major rivers.

PDF........... :woot:

India is bound to Indus water treaty, all diplomatic channels are open for Pakistan.

to OP
All trolling aside, ive i had to lay it down straight without showing any bias, First off all this will never happen but ill answer y later.

IF India did stop water on an "unjustifiable basis" ,

1 Pakistan can leverage China to block Brahmaputra.
2 Pakistan can very easily call in the UN to support them.
3 Pakistan can try to bomb the dams ,face sever floods and risk war wit a much much larger enimy.
4 Pakistan can plead and bring thing out on a discussion table.

But y this can never happen is because. Dams have two purposes,increase ground water and generate electricity.
and to generate Electricity we need to release water continuously . so hence the assumption is flawed on the very onset. Maintain peace and we keep generating our electricity.

PDF...........

India is bound to Indus water treaty, all diplomatic channels are open for Pakistan.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...ce-india-blocks-all-routes.html#ixzz235Ghj900

Bound shmound!,

dont put too much faith on treaties ...India has a habit of hitting u were u least expect it.
Maintain good relations and ull always have an upper hand morally . And India revolves arnd moral integrity (at least on the outside).

Pakistan should develop alternative water sources: sea, ground, rain and other alternatives water sources sand stop depending on Indus water.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom