What's new

Future of Pakistan's Indigenous EW & Radar Systems

MUch as I loath and detest Zardari and PPP, that was probably necessary. We had a war to fight and money needed to be spent on that. Not on ECM and RADAR that was of scant use. Note that GSR did get approved.

Like someone pointed out on the thread and if I remember it was said before on this forum, the funds were used by Raja Pervaiz Ashraf for his halqa.... halqa politics ate the fund not war on TTP.

Like someone pointed out on the thread and if I remember it was said before on this forum, the funds were used by Raja Pervaiz Ashraf for his halqa.... halqa politics ate the fund not war on TTP.
Ultimately, the PPP and PML are two sides of the same coin. One mismanages the fiscal treasury (PPP), and other messed up our BoP with asinine macroeconomic policies. PTI is, at best, a mediocre but passable government, the kind you see at the provincial/state level in North America. Still, they can't move earth nor bend skies.

Ultimately, the PPP and PML are two sides of the same coin. One mismanages the fiscal treasury (PPP), and other messed up our BoP with asinine macroeconomic policies. PTI is, at best, a mediocre but passable government, the kind you see at the provincial/state level in North America. Still, they can't move earth nor bend skies.
Every Govt depands on institutions how good they are? Pak civilian institutions are worst nepotism and political recruitment no local body system Mush local body system was best one.

I would give time to PTI before handing down a verdict. One can’t expect a turn around in less then 2 years given the shear momentum of the situation coupled with BoP crisis (actually an understatement as we had practically defaulted) and fiscal situation that limited the maneuvering space for the government.

If that was not enough we have seen a near war situation, FATF and now corona pandemic to top it all off. With each of these handled quite satisfactorily.

What gives me reason to be optimistic is that the thinking is going in the right direction, ie, an export led, productive and sustainable growth and documentation of the economy. This is the only way forward and is in fact the model followed by all countries from China to Vietnam in recent history to achieve remarkable results.

I would give time to PTI before handing down a verdict. One can’t expect a turn around in less then 2 years given the shear momentum of the situation coupled with BoP crisis (actually an understatement as we had practically defaulted) and fiscal situation that limited the maneuvering space for the government.

If that was not enough we have seen a near war situation, FATF and now corona pandemic to top it all off. With each of these handled quite satisfactorily.

What gives me reason to be optimistic is that the thinking is going in the right direction, ie, an export led, productive and sustainable growth and documentation of the economy. This is the only way forward and is in fact the model followed by all countries from China to Vietnam in recent history to achieve remarkable results.
I'm not worried about the slow turnaround. I get that it's a bad situation. PTI isn't going to work miracles, so it's a passable government. It's the minimum we should've had from day 1, and if we did for even the entirety of our 70 years, Pakistan would've been a much better country. However, PTI has a limited mandate (by virtue of democratic processes), and the PPP/PML are still kicking about. It takes one bad week (or even day) to completely warp public expectations and, in turn, restore PPP/PML rule and reverse even the smallest of gains.

I'm not worried about the slow turnaround. I get that it's a bad situation. PTI isn't going to work miracles, so it's a passable government. It's the minimum we should've had from day 1, and if we did for even the entirety of our 70 years, Pakistan would've been a much better country. However, PTI has a limited mandate (by virtue of democratic processes), and the PPP/PML are still kicking about. It takes one bad week (or even day) to completely warp public expectations and, in turn, restore PPP/PML rule and reverse even the smallest of gains.

Agreed. No difference of opinion there.

a radar research group has been re-established at nust. dont know much about it, other than that profs from rimms and seecs are involved.
I can confirm this as well, the reason maybe as quoted above that we want a total independence on Azm Project.

A wind tunnel project is also in the pipeline on a smaller scale at d moment but eventually target is to have a proper one.

Does the P3C in this image show a Radome or Rotodome? I couldn't tell as the image seemed distant. Could it be a Shanxi Y-X series (specialized Naval variant)?

It's a p3 alright not Yxx.

I have the docs they gave me, will need to dig through once my 9-5 job ends for the day.
If its not very hectic for you could you plz once again look the specification sheet of the said radar system in you archive .....

@LKJ86 Which planes China has for Electric Warfare ??? I am pretty sure along with developing AESA China must have build EW Planes also.

If its not very hectic for you could you plz once again look the specification sheet of the said radar system in you archive .....
I was 99% sure there was a spec table in the material they gave me, but apparently not.

To make it up I took shots of some of the other stuff they're doing which may interest you all.

Attachments

• IMG_20200508_193946.jpg
    IMG_20200508_193946.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20200508_194014.jpg
    IMG_20200508_194014.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20200508_194029.jpg
    IMG_20200508_194029.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20200508_194041.jpg
    IMG_20200508_194041.jpg