What's new

Future missiles for the UAE military

Philip the Arab

Reaction score
Country
Jordan
Future missiles and UAVs for the UAE ground forces

NASEF-90
Ground launched cruise missile produced by Halcon with 90km range, 50kg warhead, and a SALH terminal seeker augmented by GNS/INS. Accuracy is 10 meter with GPS/INS only and 3 meters with SALH seeker.

1626124203871.png

Shadow 25 and 50 UAVs
The Halcon SHADOW 50 and 25 loitering unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) system provides defence forces with a powerful, longrange, high-speed kamikaze munition that delivers precision strike capabilities against fixed targets.

250km range for Shadow 25 with 25kg warhead with speed 200 kmh
120-140km range for Shadow 50 with 50kg warhead with speed at 200 kmh

1626124221146.png

RW-24

As part of its precision delivery, the RW-24 navigation and flight control system uses a Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) which combines GPS, GLONASS, and other satellite-based navigation systems.

The HALCON RW-24 is a fully automated and highly effective unmanned system that is capable of long-range tactical operations. Operating from shallow to near-vertical angles, and with multiple abort options, it enables rapid reactions to threats, coupled with long mission endurance and a large payload capability.

The RW-24 Extended Warhead and RW-24 Extended Range variants increase the payload capacity from 8 kg to 13 kg, enabling the drone to carry additional fuel or to increase the size of the warhead.

The design of the RW-24 is very unique and consists of a single fuselage with two pairs of wings that are connected at the end. The drone is propelled by a single engine with a two-blade propeller. It can fly at a maximum speed of 130 km/h with a maximum range of 100 km. The RW-24 has a launch weight of less than 45 kg and a payload of 8 kg.

The new RW-24 Seeker is equipped with a thermal automatic seeker that enables greater accuracy of engagement of moving targets and increased functionality within GPS-denied environments.

1626124383419.png

DS25-GLER80, DS-16GLER55, DS-5GLER42

DS25-GLER80 is ground launched rocket delivering a very accurate SALH guided projectile with a 25kg warhead at targets at up to 80km

DS16-GLER55 is ground launched rocket delivering a very accurate SALH guided projectile with a 16kg warhead at targets at up to 55km

DS5-GLER80 is ground launched rocket delivering a very accurate SALH guided projectile with a 25kg warhead at targets at up to 80km

1626124317190.png

Last edited:
Anyone build drones?
What do you mean? All these drones are developed in country but they can't produce all the components yet for them.

Or do you mean UCAVs? I think we will see one at Dubai Airshow considering they have been developing subsystems for large UAVs comparable to Turkish made ones.

What do you mean? All these drones are developed in country but they can't produce all the components yet for them.

Or do you mean UCAVs? I think we will see one at Dubai Airshow considering they have been developing subsystems for large UAVs comparable to Turkish made ones.

I mean anyone taken a course. Or build drones for a hobby.
I am doing a course right now and have ordered equipment for my first drone build.

Ofcpurse military drones can be simple or very sophisticated

I mean anyone taken a course. Or build drones for a hobby.
I am doing a course right now and have ordered equipment for my first drone build.

Ofcpurse military drones can be simple or very sophisticated
I know about drones kind of but not very interested in them they are expensive for high quality builds.

Future anti ship missile for the UAE Navy

HAS-250
UAE-designed and developed surface-to-surface missile capable of traveling at speeds of up to 0.8 Mach, with a range of over 250 km. During its terminal phase, it can fly towards its target at a sea-skimming altitude of below 5 m. It carries a large 200kg warhead with a total weight of 1200kg and it has a active, and passive radar seeker.

1626125993607.png

Last edited:
Future anti ship missile for the UAE Navy

HAS-250
UAE-designed and developed surface-to-surface missile capable of traveling at speeds of up to 0.8 Mach, with a range of over 250 km. During its terminal phase, it can fly towards its target at a sea-skimming altitude of below 5 m. It carries a large 200kg warhead with a total weight of 1200kg and it has a active, and passive radar seeker.

View attachment 761772

It's a formidble missile and the fact that it has 250km range makes it suitable. 200kg payload is just a bonus. I wouldn't mind seeing this specific family line of rocket expanded and boosted further with different variants

Sucks - I always fear that cool products don't make it into service.
Yep, just depends if there is demand from the UAE military for the product.

This is very good for the UAE army and will reduce dependence on the UAE air force for striking targets located quite far away.

The company is expanding quite rapidly something like 500 employees now. There were 200 in Jan 2020.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom