What's new

Further details emerge on China's first indigenous 'aircraft carrier'

You are the most pro China Indian member here who has Chinese interest at heart? Geez, i could have sworn i have never seen you cheering for China's reclamation and construction activities in SCS which is about Chinese core interest.

You are not talking about simultaneous construction but focus, does this sentence make any sense at all?
Did you not say China should not have build the carrier? When you say focus on stealth fighters, do you mean there's lack of attention for the J-20 and J-31 programs at the moment? It's like saying lets not build destroyers, frigates, aircraft carriers but spend time and research on stealth bombers and better subs.

Let's just say here, I have no issues with Chinese reclamation activities, or its assertion of hegemony over SCS.

As for simultaneous construction, I am sorry if I misled you in believing that China should stop its AC program. I just want to say, that in my opinion, yours might differ, that too much focus is being put on ACs, and not enough on Subs. Chinese AC program seems to be progressing at a far rapid pace than China's needs of an AC, while Subs are not.

China should really have gone after nuclear propulsion like the way it is going after AC.

To control the littorals, it is far more important for it to have a capable all time C4ISR using multiple redundancies, and to have top notch subs, missiles, uavs and uuvs, as well as fighters.

ACs don't play a role when the fights is barely a 1000 km from one's homeland.

Let's just say here, I have no issues with Chinese reclamation activities, or its assertion of hegemony over SCS.

As for simultaneous construction, I am sorry if I misled you in believing that China should stop its AC program. I just want to say, that in my opinion, yours might differ, that too much focus is being put on ACs, and not enough on Subs. Chinese AC program seems to be progressing at a far rapid pace than China's needs of an AC, while Subs are not.

China should really have gone after nuclear propulsion like the way it is going after AC.

To control the littorals, it is far more important for it to have a capable all time C4ISR using multiple redundancies, and to have top notch subs, missiles, uavs and uuvs, as well as fighters.

ACs don't play a role when the fights is barely a 1000 km from one's homeland.

We have ship builders, sub builders, plane builders. If our first domestically build AC is progressing faster than acquiring less noisy subs that means more needs to be done on research, this has nothing to do with ship builders. In other words many projects shouldn't have any problems when they are worked on at the same time. It's a matter of how research is going for each department.

Two new images ...

PLN CV-001A - 31.10.15 - 1.jpg
PLN CV-001A - 31.10.15 - 2.jpg

These are the supporting pillars for the bow module/ ski jump ramp module blocks. Setting up of these support pillars means we can anticipate that the bow module block/ ski jump ramp blocks will be assembled soon.

Back
Top Bottom