What's new

Fully vaccinated Americans can now stop wearing masks: CDC

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
As coronavirus cases and deaths decline across the US amid vaccination efforts, the director of the CDC said Thursday that fully vaccinated Americans could participate in most indoor activities without wearing a mask.

An unmasked president Joe Biden heralded the announcement during an outdoor press conference several hours later, saying: “Today is a great day for America in our long battle with coronavirus.”

“The CDC is saying, they have concluded, that fully vaccinated people are at a very, very low risk of getting Covid-19. Therefore, if you’ve been fully vaccinated, you no longer need to wear a mask,” Biden said. “Let me repeat: if you are fully vaccinated, you no longer need to wear a mask.”

The CDC head, Rochelle Walensky, revealed the agency’s new mask guidance earlier this afternoon during a White House briefing on coronavirus.
“Anyone who is fully vaccinated can participate in indoor and outdoor activities, large or small, without wearing a mask or physical distancing. If you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing the things that you had stopped doing because of the pandemic.”

Walensky also said: “We have all longed for this moment when we can get back to some sense of normalcy. Based on the continuing downward trajectory of cases, the scientific data on the performance of our vaccines and our understanding of how the virus spreads, that moment has come for those who are fully vaccinated.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/13/us-covid-cases-coronavirus-expert-virus

As coronavirus cases and deaths decline across the US amid vaccination efforts, the director of the CDC said Thursday that fully vaccinated Americans could participate in most indoor activities without wearing a mask.

An unmasked president Joe Biden heralded the announcement during an outdoor press conference several hours later, saying: “Today is a great day for America in our long battle with coronavirus.”

“The CDC is saying, they have concluded, that fully vaccinated people are at a very, very low risk of getting Covid-19. Therefore, if you’ve been fully vaccinated, you no longer need to wear a mask,” Biden said. “Let me repeat: if you are fully vaccinated, you no longer need to wear a mask.”

The CDC head, Rochelle Walensky, revealed the agency’s new mask guidance earlier this afternoon during a White House briefing on coronavirus.
“Anyone who is fully vaccinated can participate in indoor and outdoor activities, large or small, without wearing a mask or physical distancing. If you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing the things that you had stopped doing because of the pandemic.”

Walensky also said: “We have all longed for this moment when we can get back to some sense of normalcy. Based on the continuing downward trajectory of cases, the scientific data on the performance of our vaccines and our understanding of how the virus spreads, that moment has come for those who are fully vaccinated.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/13/us-covid-cases-coronavirus-expert-virus
Question here is how will a common person know if the person not wearing a mask is vaccinated or not........ enforcement will be problematic too.

Is there no vaccine passport checks?
Mask wearing in the US is not truly enforced in a lot of areas. Especially Trump supporters just don't wear them. This CDC guideline or advice will just embolden Covidiots.

Well I will keep wearing them for some time, I don't trust people and many people in Down South just refuse to take the shot.

Yeah yeah, this is a great respite for the vaccinated slaves. Similar liberty has also been given in Israel by the slavers.

If they let their guards down they will be infected by new variants. But then again it's all for the big bucks of big pharma when they make seasonal vaccines.

H.G. Wells
“By the toll of a billion deaths man has bought his birthright of the earth, and it is his against all comers; it would still be his were the Martians ten times as mighty as they are. For neither do men live nor die in vain.”

― H.G. Wells, The War of the Worlds

I got both of my vaccine shots.
I got more sick from the second shot than from anything else in the last ten years.

I got both of my vaccine shots.
I got more sick from the second shot than from anything else in the last ten years.

I agree with that. I took a day off from work...and I work from home.

But the best sign that the vaccines work is the lack of updates to the US Covid thread after a solid year of daily updates.

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 2.44.59 PM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom