What's new

full video -- IAF Chief Arup Raha Praises Indigenous Fighter Jet LCA Tejas After First Ever Sortie B

Talk in Hindi perhaps? Kia yaar? Us bhaashan mai bolo jou behtar bol saktay ho. After all, Hindi is also the official language. How old is the Cheif? He looked pretty strained.

Nice aircraft BTW.

I thought he was going to show some maneuvers in the air........:D, to really test this one decade under development plane.

I thought he was going to show some maneuvers in the air........:D, to really test this one decade under development plane.

If you had the time and luxury like we did you too would have been still testing your JF 17 and be ironing out the kinks before inducting it. You would have inducted your JF 17 Block 2 as the SOP instead of the first batch.

@Abingdonboy
this sortie more of a Confidence Building measure for the IAF? (to show a twin seat variant as an alternative for heavier aircraft in future)
or is this more like a marketing ply by the HAL? (cos I believe its the IN thats invested in this version of the LCA not the IAF)

*edited for typos

Last edited:
@Abingdonboy
this sortie more of a Confidence Building measure for the IAF? (two show a twin seat variant as an alternative for heavier aircraft inn future)
or is this more like a marketing ply by the HAL? (cos I believe its the IN thats invested in this version of the LCA not the IAF)

It's just sort of a moral booster I guess. The twin seat variant are trainers. Both the naval and air forces fighters are one seater.

@Abingdonboy
this sortie more of a Confidence Building measure for the IAF? (to show a twin seat variant as an alternative for heavier aircraft in future)

*edited for typos
It's a confidence building measure I guess and a signal the IAF is ready to accept the LCA now. The timing isn't a coincidence, the first IAF LCA SQN is being rasied as we speak and will formally be stood up in a few weeks.

The twin seat version is not a seperate product in the sense that it will come as part of the package for all LCA orders just like any twin seat version. When the IAF inducts the Rafale there will be a mix of Cs and Bs for the SQNs. He flew in this version because he lost his active flight status a long time ago and isn't type rated on the LCA.

Nice aircraft BTW.

That's Tejas MK-1 Trainer aircraft. The ACM on the backseat can take the flying while airborne, because that's what trainer do and did the virtual A2A, and A2G mission on the LCA Tejas.

Back
Top Bottom