What's new

Fukushima - the continuing saga

We can see some Japanese characters in these nuclear leaking accidents.
Japs seemed to ignore the potential danger of nuclear leaking.
Can you believe that a typhoon can make a nuclear leaking in a island country?It's incredible.
Or maybe they choose to forget these "stains of Japan".
Where is the Japanese management and preventive measures? This is not the precise Japan-style we heared.
Why?Why did they change their style?
I think the only reason is the Japanese character:
They can't face their stains.
This is quite similar to their selective forgetting on war crimes.
Japan is a country which is poor in philosophy.
Yeah,they don't have a core-soul unlike many countries in the world.
So they can change themselves very quickly and this situation is dangerous to all the near countries.
Japan need to remember true history to define themselves.

SOoooooo Damn Right !!!!!!!!!!

But Politicians in Tokyo got balls in American hand. That truth. America got chain ! Look at Germany! Also chained to America.

Massive radiation plume from Fukushima continues drifting to U.S. West Coast

Fukushima-Radation-Plume-Ocean.jpg

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 by: David Gutierrez, staff writer
Tags: Fukushima, radiation plume, West Coast

(NaturalNews) By 2016, nearly as much radiation from the Fukushima disaster will have reached the North American West Coast as was initially scattered over Japan during the nuclear explosions, according to professor Michio Aoyama of Japan's Fukushima University Institute of Environmental Radioactivity.

In March 2011, a massive earthquake and tsunami triggered multiple nuclear meltdowns at Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. A massive cloud of radiation was ejected into the atmosphere, settling all across Japan and into the Pacific Ocean.

Approximately 800 terabecquerels' worth of cesium-137 (Cs-137) alone is expected to reach North America by next year, accounting for just 5 percent of the Cs-137 spilled into the ocean as a result of the disaster.

Radioactivity already arriving

Radioactive cesium does not naturally occur on planet Earth and is found only as a result of human nuclear activities. Cs-137 is widely considered one of the most dangerous byproducts of nuclear activity, because it mimics the activity of potassium and therefore accumulates in soil and plants, and is actively taken up by the human body.

Aoyama says that approximately 3,500 terabecquerels' worth of Cs-137 have been released into the sea from the Fukushima plant since March 2011, plus an additional 1.2 to 1.5 terabecquerels that was first released into the air but later fell into the sea. Based on measurements of the pace at which the Cs-137 has been moving eastward, Aoyama recently calculated that 800 terabecquerels would reach the West Coast of North America by next year.

Notably, 800 terabecquerels is nearly as much as (80 percent of) the 1,000 terabequerels that Fukushima operator Tokyo Electric Power Company says fell over Japan following the disaster.

In April, researchers from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution announced that they had detected traces of Cs-134 in waters collected at the shores of Vancouver Island. Because this isotope has a half-life of only two years, the only likely source of this contamination is from the Fukushima disaster.

Based on this and other studies, Aoyama said that the 800 terabecquerels he has predicted might already have arrived at North American shores.

Media coverage of Aoyama's statements noted that Cs-137 levels measured at U.S. beaches were "only" 1 to 2 becquerels per cubic meter, and should therefore not pose health risks. However, this may be because the bulk of the radioactive material has not yet reached U.S. shores. Measurements taken a little farther off the California coast returned readings of 6.9 becquerels per cubic meter for Cs-137 and 1.7 bequerels per cubic meter for Cs-134, for a total of 8.6. Similarly, the Woods Hole study -- which took place on Canadian, not U.S., shores -- returned total readings of 7.2 becquerels per cubic meter.

How to protect yourself

People concerned that they live in areas where they might be exposed to radioactive cesium have a few ways to protect their health. Certain water filters are able to remove radioactive isotopes, including cesium, from drinking water. According to WaterFilterLabs.com, the Big Berkey filter is the most effective, removing nearly all traces of toxic elements, including 98.6 percent of cesium. Other filters capable of removing cesium include AquaTru and Zero Water.

People exposed to radioactive cesium in their food might want to consider the patent-pending Cesium Eliminator, developed by the Health Ranger, Mike Adams. Available in powder or pill form, the Cesium Eliminator is an emergency measure to bind up cesium isotopes and keep them from being absorbed by the body, similar to how iodine supplements can help protect the thyroid gland during a nuclear disaster. Cesium Eliminator is not a dietary supplement and is meant for emergency situations only.

Learn more: Massive radiation plume from Fukushima continues drifting to U.S. West Coast - NaturalNews.com

Fukushima radioactive contamination is rapidly warming North Pacific seawater.

pacific8-14-14.gif

NPacific.gif

radioactive-waste-from-japan-arriving-on-american-shores-two-years-later-now-the-end-begins.jpg

Japan Tsunami Debris Cleanup

foam_alaska.jpg
Urethane foam pictures taken August 27, 2012 near Beach River on Montague Island.
Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation

Join us in helping to clean up tsunami debris! We are mobilizing people all along the California coast to clean up debris that was washed away from Japan during the March 2011 tsunami. Cleanups will take place quarterly in all coastal counties

California Coastal Commission, Japan Tsunami Marine Debris Cleanups<sup>®</sup>
Scary. I would suggest California people to have radioactive detector with himself/herself.

It will be quite useful when in supermarket or seafood restaurant.

Scary. I would suggest California people to have radioactive detector with himself/herself.

It will be quite useful when in supermarket or seafood restaurant.

Very sad, indeed. Well, the best thing we can do is contain the nuclear waste receptacles and hope for the floods to abate.

But Politicians in Tokyo got balls in American hand. That truth. America got chain ! Look at Germany! Also chained to America.
Very sad, indeed. Well, the best thing we can do is contain the nuclear waste receptacles and hope for the floods to abate.

Agree. Japan government should have done a more serious and secure way to keep those waste. This hasn't been the first time.

But Politicians in Tokyo got balls in American hand. That truth. America got chain ! Look at Germany! Also chained to America

No, US doesn't have the control on German like on Japan. Although there is plenty of US militants deployed over there, German has independent military industry and national defense policy.

Agree. Japan government should have done a more serious and secure way to keep those waste. This hasn't been the first time.

I agree with you, it should have been cleaned faster and not only that the nuclear wastes should have been disposed of in a proper location. I suppose we have to also consider the assymetrical nature wherien nature operates; the heavy downpour and the flooding situation came out of no where. I understand that there's no excuse for this; but we should also take that into consideration.

No, US doesn't have the control on German like on Japan. Although there is plenty of US militants deployed over there, German has independent military industry and national defense policy.

Germany's 'defense policy' is heavily interlinked with NATO, which is an arm of the United States. If i recall it, Germany also imposed sanctions on Russia, did she not? I suppose there is some truth to what our friend @yoshi.oda said, tho sometimes he can be very uncouth in how he expresses his view. He is too direct, even for Japanese standards. I mean no disrespect @yoshi.oda -sama. Just saying it how it is. You have expressed some of your "opinings" about me more than once, so let me have the liberty of doing the same.

I agree with you, it should have been cleaned faster and not only that the nuclear wastes should have been disposed of in a proper location. I suppose we have to also consider the assymetrical nature wherien nature operates; the heavy downpour and the flooding situation came out of no where. I understand that there's no excuse for this; but we should also take that into consideration.

From my understanding, based on Japan's industry capability and technology, Japan should be able to build a secure place for keeping those waste safely.

From my understanding, based on Japan's industry capability and technology, Japan should be able to build a secure place for keeping those waste safely.

Yes, I absolutely agree with you, 150% i agree. It is shameful that we were unable to contain this. The managers who were responsible for clean up and the agency heads in retrieval should be sacked at once. No excuse for this unpardonable failure.

Germany's 'defense policy' is heavily interlinked with NATO, which is an arm of the United States.

That's the difference. German is linked with NATO, which is an intergovernmental military organization. US impacts German through such military alliance organization; In contrast, Japan directly and totally depends on US.

That's the difference. German is linked with NATO, which is an intergovernmental military organization. US impacts German through such military alliance organization; In contrast, Japan directly and totally depends on US.

I agree with you.

In recent days, Japan threatened Taiwan with filing a complaint with the WTO while actually filing one against South Korea, the latter of which had placed new restrictions on Japanese food imports following the disaster.

Yeah, there is considerable concern with respect to Japanese food (especially seafood) these days here. I guess Japan should provide regional labeling (truthfully), otherwise, a forced TO ruling would further cement people's negative perception of Japanese food.

Hmmmmm. I thought the mighty Japan have strong leverage over Taiwan and South Korea to stop the ban in the first place...

IMHO, no-matter how securely we try to contain nuclear wastes on earth, the risk of leakage will always remain, therefore it's better to transfer those to the moon considering that no life form exists there and now that we've the tech. to go there......or just throw then in open space and let them drift away, may be, they will hit a planet/star in billion billion light years by which time they will no longer be radioactive......

Back
Top Bottom