What's new

Frontier Force Regiment

Actual piffer units participated during shooting of the movie [emoji327]

And I think part of it was shot at Lahore station as well
Golden arrow Div

Image1521302809.225885.jpg

One of my uncles worked in the Railways and had his bungalow near the Burt Institute of Pakistan Railways, just off the Allama Iqbal Road (then known as Mayo Road). I was studying at the St Mary's Rawalpindi and visited him just after my exams in December 1954. My cousins told me that they had seen the shooting of Bhawani Junction.

It was definitely in Lahore.

The word Bhowani reminds me of the "Bhowani house" design commonly found in many cantonments of Pakistan. A double story house design, usually with 3 bed rooms and sometimes 4.

L/Hav Khaki Jan (Shaheed)

Lance Havildar Khaki Jan (Shaheed)

On 12 September, 1965 Number 3445581 Lance Havildar Khaki Jan was Commanding Recoil less Rifle detachment in the forward defended locality ground Khem Karan when Indians launched a battalion attack supported by a squadron of armour.

With heavy odds against him and particularly when there was only one Recoil-less Rifle (his) in the area it was indeed depressing to see the enemy tanks close up to round own infantry elements. Every thing looked gloomy but Lance Havildar Khaki Jan kept his nerves, allowed the enemy to come well within the range and then with great determination, courage and fighting spirit knocked out three tanks thus bringing the enemy armour to a halt and beating back the enemy attack.

Lance Havildar Khaki Jan was severely wounded and finally gave up his life in the gun position. Lance Havildar Khaki Jan displayed great courage and devotion to duty and loyalty to his comrades and Battalion. He sacrificed his life for the country and
saved the situation for his Battalion.

Indian call AK regiments as PAkistan Occupied Kashmir , Regiment :D

Last edited:
One of my uncles worked in the Railways and had his bungalow near the Burt Institute of Pakistan Railways, just off the Allama Iqbal Road (then known as Mayo Road). I was studying at the St Mary's Rawalpindi and visited him just after my exams in December 1954. My cousins told me that they had seen the shooting of Bhawani Junction.

It was definitely in Lahore.
good old days ?

Back
Top Bottom