What's new

From Harappa to Pakistan - 4,000 Year Journey

Read my post #112, and you will see that this isn't just about geographical links. As for Ranjit Singh, I think there should be more taught about him, but you need to understand that, just like the Right wing Indians who want to forget all about other religious rulers of India, the same way a lot of people want to forget the non Muslim rulers of what is now parts of Pakistan.

I agree that more Sikh history should be incorporated than what it is, even I will be honest and say I learnt more about the Sikh empire from tribal history than in school, since the Awans didn't take too kindly to becoming subjects of the Sikhs. I remember one incident in particular, where in an area where the Sikhs invaded, the Awans put up such fierce resistance that after the Sikhs won the battle, they proceeded to massacre all men and took the women and children and slaves.

These incidents will of course tend to make some of us a little bit more hesitant in teaching these things, but never the less, I have said this before, the history of this land, both good and bad, is ours and should be taught to every Pakistani.

It is not just Sikh history. It is the history of all non-Muslim rulers of your lands. Kaptaan and others want to have it both ways -- claim IVC and ignore all other parts of your history. FYI I am fine with Pakistan rejecting all parts of their non-Muslim history.

Another big difference between Egyptian civilization and IVC - Egyptian civilization is well documented - pharoahs, mummies, pyramids and hieroglyphics. IVC has a script that is not decipherable. No one knows what led to the collapse of the IVC. It is little problematic claiming ownership over something that is not documented well. We won't get into the crap about IVC influencing rest of India

@Kaptaan @lastofthepatriots @django @Kambojaric

Have you seen this:

"This investigation is based on measurement of maximum mesiodistal lengths and buccolingual breadths of all permanent teeth, except third molars, and assessment of dental morphology variations scored in accordance with the Arizona State University Dental Morphology System in a sample of 176 Awan young adults. These data were contrasted with 21 samples of prehistoric and living individuals from Pakistan, peninsular India, Central Asia, and the Iranian Plateau. Patterns of intersample differences were examined with neighbor-joining cluster analysis and principal coordinates analysis.

Results obtained from odontometric and dental morphology analyses are highly congruent. In both cases, Awans are identified as possessing closest affinities to prehistoric inhabitants of the Indus Valley, with more distant affinities to living ethnic groups from the Hindu Kush highlands and inhabitants of peninsular India. Awans share little to no affinities to prehistoric inhabitants of Central Asia. Such results suggest that the living Awans of Mansehra District most likely represent the descendants of indigenous populations of the Indus Valley of Pakistan, and provide no support for claims of Central Asian or peninsular Indian origins."

http://meeting.physanth.org/program...ndia-a-dental-morphometric-investigation.html

Where do you get samples for the indigenous populations ??

It is not just Sikh history. It is the history of all non-Muslim rulers of your lands. Kaptaan and others want to have it both ways -- claim IVC and ignore all other parts of your history. FYI I am fine with Pakistan rejecting all parts of their non-Muslim history.

Another big difference between Egyptian civilization and IVC - Egyptian civilization is well documented - pharoahs, mummies, pyramids and hieroglyphics. IVC has a script that is not decipherable. No one knows what led to the collapse of the IVC. It is little problematic claiming ownership over something that is not documented well. We won't get into the crap about IVC influencing rest of India

Where do you get samples for the indigenous populations ??

"These data were contrasted with 21 samples of prehistoric and living individuals from Pakistan, peninsular India, Central Asia, and the Iranian Plateau."

"These data were contrasted with 21 samples of prehistoric and living individuals from Pakistan, peninsular India, Central Asia, and the Iranian Plateau."

That sentence is a piece of crap
How do you select 21 samples from such a large population as a representative ?

What data do we have about IVC inhabitants ?? If you do not have genetic samples of IVC inhabitants there is nothing to compare to. Just a thought

That sentence is a piece of crap
How do you select 21 samples from such a large population as a representative ?

What data do we have about IVC inhabitants ?? If you do not have genetic samples of IVC inhabitants there is nothing to compare to. Just a thought

The study is still on going, the samples etc are being expanded. It is not a Pakistani who is doing this, I agree with the rest.

it will be interesting if we ever find out more about IVC inhabitants

Doubt it will be in my lifetime, last I read they were reburying Mohenjdaro because of danger to it's very existence from multiple factors. Don't have much hope from Pakistani side, hopefully the ones investigating across the border are not constrained by anything in making more discoveries.

Doubt it will be in my lifetime, last I read they were reburying Mohenjdaro because of danger to it's very existence from multiple factors. Don't have much hope from Pakistani side, hopefully the ones investigating across the border are not constrained by anything in making more discoveries.
pakistan is limited in resources. ditto with india
it is possible pakistan has more potential sites hidden

Persian Empire
73372e9765247b9bfd60b603cd10cd26.jpg

Alaxander the Great
the_empire_of_alexander_the_great__323_bc__by_hms_endeavour-d5cusce.jpg

wh11_umayyads.jpg

Alhamdulilah no sharing with Indians

There goes racial superiority theory of Pakistan to the dumps. None of these Empires could cross Indus and capture mainland India.

This shows that though mainland India was ruled by Mughals, Brits, Sultanates for a brief period of its loong history. Pakistan was always under foreign boots.

If you claim otherwise, mention names of two-three Empires that started from present day area of modern day Pakistan.

Persian Empire
73372e9765247b9bfd60b603cd10cd26.jpg

Alaxander the Great
the_empire_of_alexander_the_great__323_bc__by_hms_endeavour-d5cusce.jpg

wh11_umayyads.jpg

Alhamdulilah no sharing with Indians

There goes racial superiority theory of Pakistan to the dumps. None of these Empires could cross Indus and capture mainland India.

This shows that though mainland India was ruled by Mughals, Brits, Sultanates for a brief period of its loong history. Pakistan was always under foreign boots.

If you claim otherwise, mention names of two-three Empires that started from present day area of modern day Pakistan.

I have been asking which empires were based in present day territory of Pakistan

Just pointing out that no eternal connection to Bharat mata

>We eat meat
> We have different look and feel
> We have different music taste

And it makes sense why that is the case

We were always seperate from India from Long time ago

Pakistan would have also been in the Turkish empire had it not been for the UK/Turkish alliance

>Lots of Indians eat meat. Infact states like Goa, Kerala, Bengal, Punjab and entire North East India are hardcore meat-eaters.
>India has one of the most diverse race mixes within its boundaries. We have people who look Caucasian, Abroginal, Dravidian, Oriental people. We have people of all shades and sizes. You will find people who are dark as a coal to people who are white as europeans. We also have all shades of browns and yellows.

>Indian music is not just bollywood. The kind of music belonging to different states of India is mind boggling.

YOUR POINT IS....?

Just pointing out that no eternal connection to Bharat mata

>We eat meat
> We have different look and feel
> We have different music taste

And it makes sense why that is the case

We were always seperate from India from Long time ago

Pakistan would have also been in the Turkish empire had it not been for the UK/Turkish alliance

Indusvalley civilization is Hindu vedic civilization, how can Islamic republic of Pakistan can claim it?

Back
Top Bottom