What's new

Friends .Who is the Kalash people?

SrNair

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Last edited:
Pakistani Friends .Who is this Kalash people?may you know more about them.Please give more info about their culture,history,genetics their preset condition .I cant better info about them in internet.

Kalash people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kalasha – The White Tribe of Pakistan | Wonders of Pakistan
these links cant give good info about them.

Local folklore says they are descendants of Greek soldiers of Alexander but genetic studies shows they are closest to South Asians, Nuristani people of Afghanistan was once closely related to Kalash but most of them got converted leaving their pagan culture. Kalash religion shares no resemblance with Hinduism and most historians believe they follow the elements of Indo-European religion.

Local folklore says they are descendants of Greek soldiers of Alexander but genetic studies shows they are closest to South Asians, Nuristani people of Afghanistan was once closely related to Kalash but most of them got converted leaving their pagan culture. Kalash religion shares no resemblance with Hinduism and most historians believe they follow the elements of Indo-European religion.

There genetic makeup is unique, unlike any in the world including south asian.

There genetic makeup is unique, unlike any in the world including south asian.

May that people are originated and preserved in that area for more than thousands years.Am I right?

They carry relatively high percentage of H and L haplogroups that makes them more South Asians.

But they are quite different than South Asians.Common Pakistani and other SA peoples have same features.But these peoples carry entirely different culture.more resembled to Europeans

Does anyone in this PDF visit their area?What about the climate in there?

May that people are originated and preserved in that area for more than thousands years.Am I right?

But they are quite different than South Asians.Common Pakistani and other SA peoples have same features.But these peoples carry entirely different culture.more resembled to Europeans

European features are very common among Pakistanis, not just the Kalash

No idea, their religion shares no resemblances with Indo-Iranian religions.

The Kalash are similar to the Nuristani people of Afghanistan. They are not decedents of any Alexander's soldiers. This propaganda has been propagated by Macedonian and Greek historians who are both wrong.

Their culture, language and religion shows signs of old Indo-European Pagan beliefs. These people gives us the clue as to how ancient Indo-European people lived and what religions they practiced.

Timur tried to convert these people to Islam during his raids but failed many times. Nuristanis were eventually forcibly converted to Islam by an Afghan king. Even Babur didn't interfere with them. Their numbers dropped dramatically in Pakistan as many younger ones chose to migrate to larger cities for jobs and eventually lost their culture.

There are other similar groups of people all over Northern Pakistan, even as far as Kotli Sattian in Rawalpindi, who are quite unique in their outlook.

@sreekumar

But I think none them carry a uniqueness where this kalash people possessing.I think they preserved for a long time like this and also climate in that area is also a factor

Their history is a myth but widely claimed to be descendants of Greeks.

As you have already read the wiki page.. It is good that you carry your research from YouTube videos if you are so interested about it. There are plenty of good documentaries on Kalash people telecasted on TV from time to time.

kalash people - YouTube

But I think none them carry a uniqueness where this kalash people possessing.I think they preserved for a long time like this and also climate in that area is also a factor

No. There are other groups exactly like Kalash in northern Pakistan. They exist in other neighbouring districts. You don't know about them because they are Muslim and not highlighted by media.

Kalash are non-Muslims, and they are in media all the time.

Also, climate is the same all over northern Pakistan. As elevations levels are similar.

Back
Top Bottom