What's new

Friday Fun – Sledging (SPORTS)

topgun787

Reaction score
The Indian’s hate it, but the Aussies can’t get enough of it! What we talking about? Cricket sledging of course!

Whether you love it or hate it there is no denying that sledging is a big part of modern cricket!

With the Ashes coming up we’re sure to see plenty of banter between England and Australia in the best of five match test series, but just what is the best cricket sledging incident ever?

Well, we’ve managed to whittle it down to the following five:

With the Ashes coming up we’re sure to see plenty of banter between England and Australia in the best of five match test series, but just what is the best cricket sledging incident ever?

Well, we’ve managed to whittle it down to the following five:

Glenn McGrath v Eddo Brandes

Glenn McGrath was bowling to the Zimbabwe number 11, Eddo Brandes, who was quite frankly useless and not able to get his bat anywhere near the ball.

McGrath, irritated by the fact that Brandes was still at the crease, confronted Brandes after one particular over and asked “Why are you so fat?”

Quick as a flash, Brandes replied: “Because every time I make love to your wife, she gives me a biscuit.”

Sachin Tendulkar Vs Abdul Qadir

A baby-faced Sachin Tendulkar had just made his cricketing debut against Pakistan in 1989, when he was subject to abuse by his opponents and the crowd alike.

Tendulkar, not even old enough to begin driving lesson, was facing a formidable Pakistan bowling attack and the crowd were desperate to break him. They insulted him with banners that read “Hey kid, go home and drink milk”, but when Tendulkar sent the then young leg spinner Mustaq Ahmed hiding for cover by smashing 2 sixes in one over, the frustrated mentor of Mustaq Ahmed the legendary Abdul Qadir barks “Why are you hitting kids? Try and hit me”

A silent Tendulkar let his bat do the talking and duly obliged Quadir’s request hitting 4 sixes in the over, which read 6, 0, 4, 6, 6, 6 – Many cite this incident as the day the legend was born!

Glenn McGrath vs Ramnaresh Sarwan

He can give it, but he can’t take it! Glenn McGrath and West Indies vice- captain Ramnaresh Sarwan became embroiled in a shouting match in Antigua in May 2003.

The sledging occurred when Sarwan, on his way to racking up a match-winning second innings century, responded to McGrath’s efforts of getting under his skin.

McGrath: “So what does Brian Lara’s d*ck taste like?”
Sarwan: ” I don’t know. Ask your wife. ”
McGrath (losing it): “If you ever F**king mention my wife again, I’ll F**king rip your F***ing throat out.”

Viv Richards v Greg Thomas

The Richards vs Thomas incident took place during a County Championship between Glamorgan and Somerset.

Dragons paceman Thomas had beaten the bat a couple of times and informed Richards: “It’s red, round and weighs about five ounces, in case you were wondering.”

The very next ball Richards blasted it out of the ground and into a river – at which point he turned to Richards and said “Greg, you know what it looks like. Now go and find it.”

Freddie Flintoff vs The Windies

Freddie Flintoff puts Dwayne Bravo in his place and also gives some verbal to Tino Best. Check out the video below, which shows both incidents.

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

this one i think is hallarious and best by one of my fav plyr

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom