What's new

French shipbuilder DCNS eyes more contracts from Indian Navy

Thank you India for doing business with our companies, India and France are just going forward in full force, so much business back and forth between our two nations, you guys won't be disappointed with our tech and expertise in many fields.

We can do so much business together and this is just the tip of the iceberg, one of my friends works for this company and trust me this company is a leader in a lot of fields.

I was talking about Juan Carlos bdw, and arrestor wires can be added with very little modification. Isn't it?

LHD_Juan_Carlos_I_(L-61)-02.jpg

What's with the talk of arrestor cables? The IN is scouting for LHD/LPD NOT an ACC. It is possible the IN could go for F-35Bs and station a few on their LHD/LPD like USMC but this is a remote possibility and not really a priorty for the IN who has only just been inttorduced to LHD/LPD via the Trenton so baby steps.

If India is going for LPDs, then it has be either Mistral or this -

LPD-17 San Antonio-class (US)...I've heard the Americans offered this ship to IN sometime ago.

^^ A beast if ever there was one.

San Antonia is a nice ship but I am wary of India getting too much US equipment ala all the restrictions on usage and end-user agreements. The US has some kick-a$$ stuff to offer but I think until they can treat India as an equal (if ever) then US deals should remain as secondary/patrol/transport domain and not frontline offensive kit like fighters and LPDs. The whole USS Trenton affair has left a bad taste in my mouth with rumours that the US has instructed the LPD can never be used in offensive ops this is hardly the way you treat equals. And it is not like there are not competant alternatives to the IN- the Mistral is a very able platform in its slef.
So it means that IN is looking for LPDs too and how many of them???

Yes, the news is old though we should see more action on this front next year or the year after. 4 is the intial number but with options for 2 more which I've heard the IN is more than likely to go for.

I don't believe India will go for any made by U.S.A. As i remember there was a big noise by opposition party over USS Trenton purchase. US offered India USS Nashville and India rejected.

Spanish ship Juan Carlos seems chap and a good offer to go for as they have 25% unemployment and country is on the edge of getting almost bankrupt. Indian Navy can get a good bargain.

But remember same ship was in similar competition at Russian Navy with Mistral offered by french. Russian navy selected Mistral. As Indian Navy and Russian navy have close co-operation.... they can ask them reasons why Juan Carlos was out of competition.

To my understanding Mistral is a beast fit for Indian Navy.

indian navy will not choose the SAN ANTANIO LPD becoz the UNCLE SAM won't be giving TOT and they won't be gree to us building it in our shipyards.
Well JUAN CARLOS LHD is good but at 27,000 tonnes it will strech our PSL to their limit that to with delays to construct them.

So mistral remains the obvious choice for our navy and its good

Can India build a single piece of equipment by yourselves? Literally everything in your military is imported. I got to be fair and say India does provide a nice paint job. Although the paint was imported from us. And all the while your children starve and have embarrassing power outages.

I also heard that IN is also looking into one or two more carriers from Russian which is willing to sell to IN after the refit other than the one which they are getting, just because of the delays in the IAC-I and IAC-II. Can you tell me how many carriers are there is Russian fleet that are operational or non operational with pictures please.

Can India build a single piece of equipment by yourselves? Literally everything in your military is imported. I got to be fair and say India does provide a nice paint job. Although the paint was imported from us. And all the while your children starve and have embarrassing power outages.
hey Ahole you dont know how the world defence industry works today,its all about proven designs..........even the US considers the BAE designs for GCV,it also considers hk-416,SCAR rifles as possible m-4 replacements,it also trialled namer IFV(israel),cv-90 for GCV AOA............ noone is willing to share technology with china because to doesnt honour licensing agreements thats why it builds on its own................BTW these LPD's will be built in india with blueprints of a proven DCNS design to lower risk.........even russia wants to build the proven mistral........

hey Ahole you dont know how the world defence industry works today,its all about proven designs..........even the US considers the BAE designs for GCV,it also considers hk-416,SCAR rifles as possible m-4 replacements,it also trialled namer IFV(israel),cv-90 for GCV AOA............ noone is willing to share technology with china because to doesnt honour licensing agreements thats why it builds on its own................BTW these LPD's will be built in india with blueprints of a proven DCNS design to lower risk.........even russia wants to build the proven mistral........

The reason India can't build their own weapons is because Indians are not intelligent enough.

The reason India can't build their own weapons is because Indians are not intelligent enough.

Aaah! Going by that logic you would be the dumbest nation till last year! Guess who was one the largest importers of weapons? Atleast, make your logic coherent.

China needs Indian help to design J-20's nozzles

Indian-American sentenced to 32 years in prison

WASHINGTON, 25 JAN: Indian-American Noshir Gowadia, a former B-2 stealth bomber engineer has been sentenced by a US federal judge to 32 years of imprisonment for selling military secrets to China.
Gowadia, 66, has spent the past five years in prison.
“We're a little disappointed she didn't give him a life sentence, that's the sentence that would've sent the best message. But 32 years is stiff and in many ways an appropriate sentence for him,” said Mr Ken Sorenson, assistant US attorney. The sentencing of Mumbai-born Gowadia comes weeks after China conducted a flight test of its new J-20 stealth fighter. He showed no emotion as Chief US District Judge Susan Oki Mollway pronounced the punishment yesterday.
Prosecutors alleged that Gowadia helped design an exhaust nozzle for China that gives off less heat, making it difficult for enemy infrared detectors to track the missile for which he got US$ 110,000 over two years. A US federal jury in August convicted Gowadia of 14 counts, including conspiracy, communicating national defense information to aid a foreign nation, and violating the arms export control act. “We believe very strongly that he's innocent and we very much look forward to the appeals process in the 9th circuit,” Gowadia's son, Ashton was quoted as saying by the local KHON2 news channel.
According to court papers, Gowadia hid the proceeds from the transactions by directing the payments to secret Swiss bank accounts of foundations he set up in Liechtenstein, the government said in recently filed court documents.
Meanwhile, China today denied that its stealth fighter J-20 was developed with stolen US technology, claiming that its was a masterpiece of its technological innovation, shortly after the Indian-American was jailed. Chinese defence officials and military analysts insisted that the country's J-20 stealth fighter jet, which was test flown this month, is a result of of the country's own efforts, state-run Global Times reported

use google not the baidushit , you little willy

Back
Top Bottom