What's new

French, Saudi warplanes collide in Saudi Arabia

Not only do we have women fighter pilots...

viper_gals.jpg

...We have all women flight crews as well...

c130gals.jpg

Back in the late 1980s, I once flew back to Upper Heyford (UK) from Zaragoza (SP) on an all female crewed C-141.

I wouldn't mind one of em chasing my 6 ;)

On a serious note, I recall reading an article in Newsweek about 8-10 years ago that women F-pilots are become a No-No. Their were some serious psychological reasons qouted for the same. Oh well... I guess chivalry is a notion that is beyond the scope of this discussion. "Ladies (get to fire) First :D

I was initially against women in the squadron. Now, I am kind of neutral, based upon feedback from current pilots. The reason I was against them was mainly one of squadron chemistry. An all-male squadron was like the coolest frat-house ever with the best toys in the entire world, and you are paid to do it all. I'll never be able to describe it properly. It is little different from the male bonding in other combat units. "Tight" doesn't begin to describe the friendships. When you engage in immensely dangerous things together, and trust each other with your life, the bond is immensely strong.

As males, you could be yourself. You could be crude if you needed or wanted to. Let a fart rip and everyone laughs or punches you. You could stick a Playboy magazine in your drawer. You could say certain words. But then, inject a single woman into it, and suddenly there is tension... sexual tension, protectiveness, "don't want to hurt any feelings," guys are no longer themselves. They become a different person.

Post-mission debriefings tend to be harsh. As leader, you analyze everything, and criticize as guys do. "You formation out to the area sucked today. You were constantly behind the 3-9 line, and too low. FIX it!" Or, as you watch video, you can laugh and poke fun at some feeble effort to gun track someone. When women first came, I had a buddy call me up. "It's unbelievable. You can't say F--- anymore. And they cry in the debrief! I had a girl start to sob when I criticized her flying!"

It sounded pretty grim. But as I mentioned, apparently they are doing fine. Things have calmed down, and they (the women) are doing well. The very best women pilots act (and essentially become) "one of the guys" and is tough, can handle criticism, can take it and dish it out. Hopefully, the training process weeds out the bad ones, men and women both.

And no, women cannot handle more G than men. That is a myth, the same myth that says women have more endurance than men. When women marathon runners beat the men, I'll eat those words. A visual fight is very much like wrestling in the muscles and endurance needed. Those who wrestle know that there's not a ton of motion, but a lot of power is being expended. Men have thicker muscles and are better able to do BFM.

I was initially against women in the squadron. Now, I am kind of neutral, based upon feedback from current pilots. The reason I was against them was mainly one of squadron chemistry. An all-male squadron was like the coolest frat-house ever with the best toys in the entire world, and you are paid to do it all. I'll never be able to describe it properly. It is little different from the male bonding in other combat units. "Tight" doesn't begin to describe the friendships. When you engage in immensely dangerous things together, and trust each other with your life, the bond is immensely strong.

As males, you could be yourself. You could be crude if you needed or wanted to. Let a fart rip and everyone laughs or punches you. You could stick a Playboy magazine in your drawer. You could say certain words. But then, inject a single woman into it, and suddenly there is tension... sexual tension, protectiveness, "don't want to hurt any feelings," guys are no longer themselves. They become a different person.

Post-mission debriefings tend to be harsh. As leader, you analyze everything, and criticize as guys do. "You formation out to the area sucked today. You were constantly behind the 3-9 line, and too low. FIX it!" Or, as you watch video, you can laugh and poke fun at some feeble effort to gun track someone. When women first came, I had a buddy call me up. "It's unbelievable. You can't say F--- anymore. And they cry in the debrief! I had a girl start to sob when I criticized her flying!"

It sounded pretty grim. But as I mentioned, apparently they are doing fine. Things have calmed down, and they (the women) are doing well. The very best women pilots act (and essentially become) "one of the guys" and is tough, can handle criticism, can take it and dish it out. Hopefully, the training process weeds out the bad ones, men and women both.

And no, women cannot handle more G than men. That is a myth, the same myth that says women have more endurance than men. When women marathon runners beat the men, I'll eat those words. A visual fight is very much like wrestling in the muscles and endurance needed. Those who wrestle know that there's not a ton of motion, but a lot of power is being expended. Men have thicker muscles and are better able to do BFM.

So what happens when women start menstruating? Can they still pull of 9G's???? I heard they can't fly for some time and are grounded due to "M" reason.

I think those french with there inferior mirages should learn how to fly, also they should pay for our F-15, it is more expensive than the mirage!

I think those french with there inferior mirages should learn how to fly, also they should pay for our F-15, it is more expensive than the mirage!
come on were you not to throw away those superior F-15 in favor of new planes ?

come on were you not to throw away those superior F-15 in favor of new planes ?

throw away? i don't know if you are serious or just trolling lol.

any way F-15 is the best jet fighter in the world only surpassed by EF or F-22 not even F-35 which the only advantage it have over F-15 is stealth and vertical take off.

we already have EF and the Americans wont sell us the F-22, the USAF (the best airforce in the world) are relying on F-15 so why throw away such a great and capable jet fighter and combat proven as well.

Not only do we have women fighter pilots...

viper_gals.jpg

...We have all women flight crews as well...

c130gals.jpg

Back in the late 1980s, I once flew back to Upper Heyford (UK) from Zaragoza (SP) on an all female crewed C-141.

Yeah and that why you got your ***** kicked in vietnam and Iraq and now afghanistan..LOL

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

throw away? i don't know if you are serious or just trolling lol.

any way F-15 is the best jet fighter in the world only surpassed by EF or F-22 not even F-35 which the only advantage it have over F-15 is stealth and vertical take off.

we already have EF and the Americans wont sell us the F-22, the USAF (the best airforce in the world) are relying on F-15 so why throw away such a great and capable jet fighter and combat proven as well.

Are you just stupid or you just like to talk nonsence, You think the f-15 is better than the russian 5th gen fighter,su-35,mig-35? what a *****

Are you just stupid or you just like to talk nonsence, You think the f-15 is better than the russian 5th gen fighter,su-35,mig-35? what a *****

su-35 & mig35 is 5th generation? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

even the russians them selves did not claim that, get some education instead of showing me your jealousy and envy with lame claims lol.

how ever the most modern jet iran have is 40 years old...so don't play with the big boys ;)

oh btw, you aviation expert, SU-35 and Mig-35 are not even in production LOL :D

su-35 & mig35 is 5th generation? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

even the russians them selves did not claim that, get some education instead of showing me your jealousy and envy with lame claims lol.

how ever the most modern jet iran have is 40 years old...so don't play with the big boys ;)

oh btw, you aviation expert, SU-35 and Mig-35 are not even in production LOL :D
do you know whats the features of the 5th gen fighter?
first study then post!

oh you are big boys.!?hahaha
we are horn to the horn of your master,america.why you think we even think about your null power.
i think your king and your prince shoud buy some diapers instead of some eagles.diapers can help the much better than eagles.

dear members

dont use PDF to settle your mutual hatred and settle your scores.
keep the discussion civil and argue within the limits.

Your recent ranting doesn’t make you look any better by insulting your opponent. In fact it gives a very good reason and excuse for your common foe to laugh his heart out.
Next time he or she will use your own insults on both of you.

It’s a pity that a belief in same God, book and Prophet PBUH is not enough to sbdue your centuries old animosity

Back
Top Bottom