What's new

French journalist comes out of lock-up ‘shocked for the people of Kashmir’

BHarwana

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
French-journalist-released-on-bail.jpg

‘Never faced such harassment anywhere; it is really difficult out here for journalists’

Srinagar: After spending three nights and four days inside a police lock-up, French journalist and documentary filmmaker Comiti Paul Edward, 47, said it was only in Kashmir that he had faced this sort of harassment.
“I have worked in conflict zones around the world. I have covered the Middle East. I have covered Iraq, the Israel-Palestinian conflict, Afghanistan, Congo, Mexico, South America. But this is the first time I was arrested, harassed. My belongings were confiscated and I was put in a lock-up,” said the award-winning journalist who resides in Paris.
“Once in my career, I was detained for a short time by the Israeli authorities. However, within no time they released me after verifying my credentials and passport. They also returned my equipment. But what happened with me here has made me sad to the core,” Edward told Kashmir Reader.

https://kashmirreader.com/2017/12/1...of-lock-up-shocked-for-the-people-of-kashmir/

Kashmir: 'No civil rights, no freedom of press here' says French scribe

"The Indian government claims this is the biggest democracy, it is not. There are no civil rights and no freedom of press. This reflects very badly on the Indian government," said the French Journalist and documentary film maker Comiti Paul Edward, as he criticised his arrest by Jammu and Kashmir police on Saturday, December 9. He was speaking to the website newslaundry.com

Edward was commissioned by French broadcaster M6 to do a documentary on the situation in Jammu and Kashmir.

Edward got Syed Shahriyar Hussainy, who is a photojournalist, to help him do a recce for the documentary.

At around 2 pm on Saturday, Edward joined a silent protest held by civil rights activist Mohammad Ahsan Untoo. Before the protest began, Untoo was approached by a man from CID observation cell who asked him that whether there were any foreigners along with them.

Untoo was quoted by Newslaundry as saying, "A man from CID observation cell in civilian clothes approached me and asked that whether there were any foreigners in the protest. I did not know about Edward back then, so I said no and began the protest."

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/kashmir-no...ys-french-scribe-arrested-alleged-visa-753302

What a shameful act by India trying to crush truth.

Last edited:
India is a free country. Freedom of press and expression is encourages. Clearly

He had a business visa with him and he was shooting a documentary there.

A business visa does not allow anyone to make a documentary on political or security-related issues. An FIR under section 14B of the Passport Act has been registered against this French National.

He had a business visa with him and he was shooting a documentary there.

A business visa does not allow anyone to make a documentary on political or security-related issues. An FIR under section 14B of the Passport Act has been registered against this French National.
Your source?

more shame for india

share this story on all social networking sites especially with your western friends so that they can see the true face of a hindu terrorist country

more shame for india

share this story on all social networking sites especially with your western friends so that they can see the true face of a hindu terrorist country
why dont you share the image of all globally UN designated terrorist u have been hosting throughout
and dont forget to share the greatest of them ala LADEN
so that world will have better idea about you
a country and its population devoid of any respect worldwide doesnt warrant any attention
go tell your master aka CHUINESE
i heard usa once again called u guys a nuisance

but then u will say who gives a FCUK
typical response

why dont you share the image of all globally UN designated terrorist u have been hosting throughout
and dont forget to share the greatest of them ala LADEN
so that world will have better idea about you
a country and its population devoid of any respect worldwide doesnt warrant any attention
go tell your master aka CHUINESE
i heard usa once again called u guys a nuisance

but then u will say who gives a FCUK
typical response
post reported

post reported
doesnt bother i have seen this tendency of yours umpteen times
you are just one of the worst troller
always spewing hatred ,speaking garbage , and when sb gives you a stick
you will take the exit route
get some life looser

which of the below fact is wrong

1) pakistan has un designated terrorist
ex hafiz sayeed
soon to be masood azhar
2) laden was not killed in pakistan
3) usa has not asked again for doing more

doesnt bother i have seen this tendency of yours umpteen times
you are just one of the worst troller
always spewing hatred ,speaking garbage , and when sb gives you a stick
you will take the exit route
get some life looser

which of the below fact is wrong

1) pakistan has un designated terrorist
ex hafiz sayeed
soon to be masood azhar
2) laden was not killed in pakistan
3) usa has not asked again for doing more
@waz @The Eagle

Mods put this ranting Indian out of his difficult misery

@waz @The Eagle

Mods put this ranting Indian out of his difficult misery
world doesnt revolve you
have the capacity to hear about pitiable condition
ohhh i see u doesnt have any facts
have some bloody knowledge rather than getting opinionated
and most of all learn to behave properly

more shame for india

you expect that you will call india hindu terrorist country and will get away
you moron
can you substantiate your fact coming out from your arse
can you name any global designated terrorist organisation in india

Back
Top Bottom