What's new

France to provide combat copters

not an adviceable option speciall considering is price, i guess WZ10 will be more helpfull when operated with the cobras and we can get 20 to 30 t129 for more high end tasks! after getting the T129 the cobras can even be gradually phased out when required as the T129 and WZ10 will fullfill our needs!
tiger is a good chopper nut it is way too expensive!

regards!

***, Cash or Gas .. No one rides for free ... We didnt have 2 of those things to begin with and 3rd we lost 30 years ago.

French advisor calls on PM Gilani
Updated at: 1949 PST, Thursday, July 02, 2009
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani Thursday said that the world community should come forward and help Pakistan in war against terrorism.

Admiral Edouard Guillaud, Advisor to the President Sarkozy of France called on the Prime Minister Gilani at Prime Minister House.

The PM Gilani urged France to hammer out a roadmap to provide nuclear technology to Pakistan.

The French advisor said his country will give Pakistan Tiger helicopter and other military equipments.
Whoa! where did that come from? Eurocopter Tiger for Pakistan? I thought we had a better shot at the Apache than the Tiger.

The French and the Germans operate the largest Tiger fleets. I do know for a fact that Pakistan Army Aviation was studying the Franco-German joint training programs for the Eurocopter, from a declassified presentation report given to the Pakistan Army Aviation commanders.

First, the Foreign Minister comes in to meet with the PM and President, then the defence advisor to the French PM meets with the CJCSC, COAS and PM. I have a feeling that the French wouldn't send all that top brass to Pakistan without any big reasons. As much as the news looks bogus, it makes you wonder why the French have decided to become so friendly again?

French advisor calls on PM Gilani

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani Thursday said that the world community should come forward and help Pakistan in war against terrorism.

Admiral Edouard Guillaud, Advisor to the President Sarkozy of France called on the Prime Minister Gilani at Prime Minister House.

The PM Gilani urged France to hammer out a roadmap to provide nuclear technology to Pakistan.

The French advisor said his country will give Pakistan Tiger helicopter and other military equipments.

This is very limited information of the meeting.
I hope more details of meeting will follow.
Froggies met with Army before and later told Gillani, what they have agreed.

French advisor calls on PM Gilani - GEO.tv
Updated at: 1949 PST, Thursday, July 02, 2009

Whoa! where did that come from? Eurocopter Tiger for Pakistan? I thought we had a better shot at the Apache than the Tiger.

are you kiding me dude? U.S. will never give us Apache instead of France and Germany which are more reliable then americans. Tiger is in the same range of Apache so no need to go towards U.S. if we need an advance choper.

The cost is the major factor, maybe french will provide them on a soft loan...but the main fact to me is that french are willing to give us the most advanced hardware which americans will never sell us even if we paid them in advanced!:tsk:

The US is doing the most to delay even 3 decades old Cobra's... And the upgrade they offer is hardly comparable with wath one can buy on the market... Buying US is just a delay for suicide.

Hope not same type of news when geo announce while ago Pak getting Mirage 2000

Hope not same type of news when geo announce while ago Pak getting Mirage 2000

HAIDER; sir
i guss, mearly the same but positive thing is , that will make some our friends, wake up?:cheesy::lol::agree:

Wait the French Tiger is the same as the Euro copter Tiger? If that is the case I really would like to see them in Pakistani Colours!

1 squadron is a good start. Based near locations where terrorist plant bombs will be certainly ood for Pak morale. But what is fast? Which weapons? Which version?

I think it is not the correct news. It should be France is opening up. Pakistan is allowed to buy if it pays...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom